trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did it become alright to defend your client by any means necessary? Shouldn't the truth be enough if they are innocent? What makes it okay for the end to justify the means in defending someone on trial?

I mourn for Lady Justice.

I think it's always been that way. Each side goes at it with their fiercest advocacy and bias, and the truth is supposed to be shaken out in the process.

Hey, Seg...I think I am guilty of some frustration/aggression this evening ...:toastred: :eek:fftobed:
G'night, friends (In my best Nancy Grace voice). JK

Nite!! :facepalm:

Well, hell, I'm chill. Had big fat dinner followed by tiramisu and some wine.....

I'm downright freaking giddy!!! :skip:

Is everybody okay?
I'm getting weird vibes here tonight.

ETA: Actually....I'm getting weird vibes everywhere....all day. Post full moon maybe....but still.

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick and tired of the childish, yes childish, games the defense is playing.

They're jealous that Mr. M smiles and takes a picture outside the courthouse? So the reasonable reaction would be to accuse him of discussing the case with that person. Riiiiiight. That man is more professional in his sleep then that whole team is on their best day.

They have a cold-blooded murderer for a client. One who will throw any and ever person she ever met under a bus if it means she might get off. Deal with it. Wilmutt is enjoying the limelight; she's certainly making sure she gets ample camera time endlessly repeating the same inane questions.

The killer's family now sits in court every day wearing support ribbons? I have to assume they're for Travis because we all know the killer was the abuser. I can't believe someone would be so much of a doormat that they'd let her throw them under the bus, then try to help her manipulate the jury. It would seem her family is suffering from domestic violence cycle. They'll let her do whatever she tells them to do because they're scared of her.

I'm sick and disgusted by the crap that goes on in this courtroom. Who's running this court? What is the judge thinking? Heaven forbid the killer not get her way in every single thing she wants in this trial: edited evidence prejudicial to the victim - who is NOT ON TRIAL! Not to mention the rest of the BS they take up endless hours with.

Now the killer has migraines and isn't getting enough sleep. Well maybe she needs a spa day. After all, she's only on trial for shooting, stabbing repeatedly, and almost decapitating another human being.

Just MOO...and a very pizzed one at that.

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. But take it to the report button on the post in question if you have an issue with a post you think violates the TOS. If one thing is clear it's that issues with posts and posters shouldn't be posted about lol

If you hit the arrow button, you will see that I deleted that "post"....wrong thread.

PJ

Is this still a victim friendly site?

Oh Poop.....I was working my way backwards thru the threads...I think I will stop.

I saw the troll alert earlier and was ready to :bigfight:....but has it gotten that bad?

Maybe I will just check in tomorrow. Maybe someone could PM me and at least let me know if kddj and kcl and all are doing okay....

Maybe I will go against my ancestors and pop a xanax instead of meditating over this....(chocolate covered xanax? Mmmmmmmm)

Katie got kicked out of court???? :what:

I have been watching/reading all day and did NOT know this!

No Katie did not get kicked out of court. Even for a second. I'm sure that's what jodi was wanting but not even close.

Ps can you believe I've been reading you forever and thought you were a quilter or knitter or something then finally realized it was "fraid not". Lol

Is this still a victim friendly site?

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question...i have been a little discouraged today about court shenanigans and yall reminded me to keep hopeful and to keep an open mind. I thank all of you for that.

I have no excuse...well i guess i could blame it on the full moon ...but it is so beautiful.

Thanks again to everone.

Yes. Miss Alyce is doing couples therapy based on one half of an ex couple who killed her ex and has lied "to everybody". She bases her conclusions on the lying killer's words and journals then adds in parts of some sketchy emails taken out of context.
yes, and the family relationships, did she actually talk to family members of jodi or did she take jodi's word for everything?

JA weirds me out. I think I may be obsessing over this trial, and it's gettin me down. I'm trying to find out results of jurrors being ? this morning? Or has that not been disclosed? TIA!:)

JA weirds me out. I think I may be obsessing over this trial, and it's gettin me down. I'm trying to find out results of jurrors being ? this morning? Or has that not been disclosed? TIA!:)

The jury is intact. No changes. No surprise.

Yep wicked weirdness here too!
Is the barometric pressure dropping?

That always makes me "wonky"

Shades of KC maybe?

I think I need to go finish some chores and shake this feeling!

I'm very sensitive to moon cycles, and season changes....Goddess help us all when they coiincide lol....

I feel it. There's something else though. My ears are ringing...that usually only happens before a big earthquake for me. Hmmmm....sorry for ot!!!

(Pssst....I heard that Segue chick was nuts....not like a jodi kinda nuts though! :))

lol.. thanks Minor - I needed that!! I watched every one, and now my cheeks hurt from good laughs. I've never seen that last one either.
I think I'll go to bed on this happy note.
Night good peeps.

I'm interested ... and equally PISSED at why this email string wasn't brought out by the prosecution. WHY OH WHY didn't the state feel the need to quantify, qualify, ratify or otherwise explain this? These were TA's closest friends. At some point, they turned on Jodi. WHY WHY WHY!

Because the prosecution's presentation is proving murder one, not rebutting any possible defenses to it. They do not preemptively present evidence in order to explain it away during their turn at bat. That doesn't come on until the rebuttal case.

I don;t know why everyone is freaking out so hard about this so called "email chain". The Hughes family loved Travis. Religiously, they felt having sex before marriage is wrong and having sex with a girl you don't like, is "abusive". So what? I do not believe a thing they said will prove that Travis abused jodi.

This couple hates her and they know she is evil. They were disappointed with their friend's behavior but clearly do not and did not believe him to be a domestic abuser.

Juan Martinez is only worried about sneaky tricks the defense might use to try to get in inadmissible evidence. But he is not worried about the Hughes family or anything they may have said, IMO.

It was not Travis that was pushing "too much, too soon"...it was Jodi from the getgo. She thought that sex would hook him and no doubt was ready and willing to do whatever he wanted. She set her sights on him as her future husband right away... she thought he was an easy target being a marriage/family oriented Mormon and she was going to make it happen. The email to him where she is trying to 'find out where they stand', she is not used to dating more than one guy at a time, are you my boyfriend or what, blah blah, was purely fishing for him to make a steadfast commitment to her. She was trying to push it along into a serious relationship right away. It is 100% BS that she felt pressured by his early advances.. she was already wanting to know when he was gonna put a ring on it. It was mutually desired sex, Jodi wasn't just going along with it because she couldn't say no. She thought sex would seal the deal.
She goes from Zero to marriage ideas in 60 seconds and used sex to get what she wanted and that's ok? But if Travis just wants to play the field and have sex that's not ok? What BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics