trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bolded is what drives me batty about some women. When a man actually verbalizes to you that he has no intentions of being in a long term relationship with you, and you STILL keep sleeping with him in hopes that he changes his mind, that's on you. If you make him think that you are OK with "friends with benefits" how is that his fault? Is he a mind reader now? I agree that when one "uses" the other, they string them along and make them feel as if they have a chance to be a real couple one day. "Just give me time, baby, you know I am not ready to settle down just yet, but... blah blah blah." They make them feel as if they mean the most to them and that at some point, there will be a future. "Using" someone is not "I don't want to be in a relationship with you, but we can still, you know..."

It really, REALLY, bothers me that from the start Jodi claims to have had problems with what Travis was doing. According to the testimony we are hearing, there was really no point that he ever treated her well. That doesn't make the most sense to me. Most women who are turned off by a guy early on just stop talking to him. At that point there is no real emotional attachment because you don't know each other all that well. If I am to believe that Travis made her this uncomfortable, that early on in their relationship, then I have to consider why else she would leave a guy that she was dating to be with him after only knowing him for a week. ALV painted Travis as this successful and powerful man and made it seem like it was too strong of a lure for Jodi to resist. To me, she just sounds like a golddigger.

yes-good post - a gold digger, an opportunist a user, a free-loader, a succubus -!

snipped

I think the point is that nobody wants there to be even a hint of impropriety. The defense will jump on anything that even hints of misconduct. There has already been several accusations of prosecutorial misconduct. Why give them ammunition?

The bottom line is that this trial is about the brutal murder of Travis Alexander. The side shows, groupies, fans, .... whatever you want to call them, need to back off and let him finish his job. Looky loos wanting their fifteen minutes of fame via a picture or whatever need to wait until it is over! Then have at it for all I care. I just don't want to see it jeopardize the case in any way.

If I were Travis' family I would be pissed that this is going on. I mean, imagine how they feel? People who have no business injecting themselves into this case causing problems. It is their brother! This trial has been going on for a long time. Day in and day out they have to sit there and listen to the BS going on inside the courtroom. They shouldn't have to be subjected to the BS going on outside of the courtroom. People need to have some respect for this family, and just knock it off!

I do not blame JM at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these ignorant people chasing him around should be ashamed of themselves. He is doing the right thing by avoiding the circus at all costs. :twocents:

Excellent Post.

That's what I was wondering about (the bold text). Thank you.

The emails that ALV was interpreting as her opinion - those were the same emails that weren't in evidence because of hearsay, right? My understanding of that is not clear.

If those are the same emails, the DT must be more than desperate to have had ALV talk about them and open that can of worms. JM is going to have a field day.

I hope you are right. I don't want them allowed in, no way/no how. Unless the Hughes say they just wanted to discourage JA.

I disagree and because she has been basing her pro DT testimony on the lies by JA, she is not someone I would ever want as an expert witness. IMO that speaks to her being (a) easily fooled/scammed by a murderer or (b) so unbelievably biased against men that it leaves her uncredible.

IMO that's a rather simplistic and not entirely accurate viewpoint. Nowhere in
the following link does it give the OK for any attorney, prosecutor OR defense attorney, to advance anything but the truth in any trial. Rule 3.3
http://www.azbar.org/ethics/rulesofprofessionalconduct

All attorneys are to advance the truth in the interests of justice. That includes defense attorneys.

I don't disagree, but DH said he naively thought the purpose of going to court was to get justice. Until he filed a claim against a house painter who he paid in full to do the job but did only half the work.

He went to court and showed the judge the estimate, the cancelled checks, and the bill marked, "Paid in Full" in the painter's own handwriting. The painter then claimed the payment was for only half the work. When he heard the judge utter the words, "Pay the man," DH said he realized, "You don't go to court for Justice, you go for Victory."

Deb, if you know, what did Sky say to her, I mean the cause of why Sky wanted Jodi to stay away?

Did Sky know that Jodi was having sex with Travis in her house?

Not sure if this is the same time, but I remember Skye saying that her and Chris were talking to TA in a bedroom with the door closed about some bad things about Jodi and they found JA listening at the door.
I'm sorry, I don't know any of the specific's. I know you wasn't asking me, and I apologize for answering but in my defense, my name is Deb too :smile:

At what point in their relationship did JA and TA make that sex tape? Was it during the 5 months they were together in a monogamous relationship or after?

Travis had to have told her at the conference in that long talk they had that he only dates Mormon women, I would think. And that would be the reason she changed so quickly. jmo

I hope you are right. I don't want them allowed in, no way/no how. Unless the Hughes say they just wanted to discourage JA.

The Hughes are Mormons so their belief could be that "grinding" or "touching" might be abusive treatment of a woman. That would also include a love tap on the behind which Travis seems to have been famous for. Not sure ALV has considered that. jmo

At what point in their relationship did JA and TA make that sex tape? Was it during the 5 months they were together in a monogamous relationship or after?

It was after. It was May10th I think. A few weeks before she killed him. IMO she had already started this pre meditation, with that phone call. If she couldn't hear anything clear enough, she would ask him to repeat it. He had no idea he was being taped and was clearly half asleep.

I am just absolutely DISGUSTED in this pathetic attempt by the <modsnip> to try and paint nasty Arias as some kind of Domestic Abuse Victim. It's repulsive and it negates all the MILLIONS of women around this world who are and have legitimately been abused. I am a DV Survivor, from the time I was in my late teens and all the way up until my early 30's I have put myself in situations and relationships that were abusive. I have had a lead crystal ashtray whizzed at my head that gashed the side of my head open to the point I had to have 10 staples in my head, I have had massive black eyes, punched in the face like I was a man, bruises all over my body, dragged by my hair throughout the house, running out my front door in nothing but my underwear and NO shoes in the middle of Winter screaming for help from passers by because I was being beat. I sure as heck didn't run BACK INTO THE SITUATION, I RAN AWAY FROM!!! I have stayed in shelters, went without, lost everything and much more horrific scenarios that happened. To have this sorry excuse of a woman have the NERVE to claim she was abused violates everything that is right and just. Travis NEVER abused her, if anything he probably treated her like crap hoping she would GO AWAY and since she is a crazy stalker, she never did. I just hope the Jury sees through her litany of LIES and understand the truth. I don't think I could bear the thought of another Casey Anthony Verdict. That's why I almost wish I never began to get interested in this case. I just do not trust humanity enough to think they will do the right thing and that is terribly sad.

I'm sorry indy, I understand.

The phone sex tape? It was in May 2008, they were not together.

It was May 10, 2008. Travis sent her the email where he tells her he never wants to have anything to do with her on May 26, 2008. Makes you wonder who else heard that tape? jmo

I now think that Jodi & Travis were NEVER a couple (like others have pointed out here). Jodi is the one who made the decision to change her entire life to be near Travis--and that's just not normal or healthy. AVL should be talking about Jodi's psychological inability to make wise decisions & go into the pathology of a woman who meets a man and then ends a 4 year relationship involving property ownership & a small child immediately after meeting a man at a conference.

Also pathological is Jodi's immediate acceptance of Mormonism--she would have converted to Catholicism or Judaism if that's what religion Travis was.

After making these major life decisions based on landing Travis, Jodi immediately uses sex as a means to manipulate him. He was NOT sexually experienced before Jodi. Jodi is more than knowledgeable about anal, oral and lubricants, and she uses sex as a tool of manipulation.

Jodi was knocking herself out to get Travis to marry her or even make her his "official" girlfriend. She couldn't close the deal.

At whatever point that she realized that her crotch wasn't forcing Travis to do what she wanted, she got angry & this rage bubbled right beneath the surface. That's when Psycho Jodi started acting out with the tire slashing, hacking into accounts, intimidating other women & breaking into Travis' home.

She then switched to a "Perfect Woman" persona: It's OK to not make me your girlfriend, Travis. But we have great sex! And we have fun traveling! Let's just do that, and I'll agree that you are a free agent.

Jodi then puts all her strength into becoming sexually attractive and irresistible to Travis under the guise of being OK with just having a friends with benefits relationship.

The whole time she is doing this, she is getting angrier and angrier. Travis is dating "good girls" who don't have sex with him, and he prefers them. Once Travis is married, Jodi will have no place in his life and she knows this. She has lost the game.

Jodi was enraged with Travis for a long time. Travis was too inexperienced and naive sexually to see what was going on. Too bad ALV is so biased towards women as victims because Travis is a classic victim!

Thank you Lieb....:yourock: :goodpost: Best post of the week awarded to you!! :great:

Travis had to have told her at the conference in that long talk they had that he only dates Mormon women, I would think. And that would be the reason she changed so quickly. jmo

She changed her religion to match whoever she was dating at the time. Even went to see vampires? (something about vampires) with Bobby.

The Hughes are Mormons so their belief could be that "grinding" or "touching" might be abusive treatment of a woman. That would also include a love tap on the behind which Travis seems to have been famous for. Not sure ALV has considered that. jmo

BBM- that is the problem with reading emails - no perception of a person's core beliefs or what might make them say what they have said. I rather think this is the plan - make a view from written word and don't worry about what the reality may be.

Since Ms. ALV made the big proclamation that she likes to meet with both sides because she gets the big picture and the most information about the truth - it is rather ironic she resorts to reading flat emails and not asking about the context isn't it ? Doc Samuels 2.0 - only more expensive.

Deb, if you know, what did Sky say to her, I mean the cause of why Sky wanted Jodi to stay away?

Did Sky know that Jodi was having sex with Travis in her house?

In a tv interview with both Hughes, Sky pointed to Jodi's inappropriate conduct with Travis in their and their kids 'presence, including sucking on his ear and something similar I can't remember. They took Travis aside at some point when they thought Jodi had gone to bed and told him their low opinion of her. The door was ajar and the conversation stopped when Sky mouthed "I think she's outside the door, listening" and a few moments later an enraged Jodi came into the room.

May 10, 2008--they were not together & "they" didn't make the tape--Jodi did without Travis' knowledge (based on she recorded it, Travis never mentions the recording during the tape)

that's definitely where she's headed. she's going to try to explain the 'overkill.' if she was enraged by anything, it was by her inability to land this fish. she couldn't make him want her, and only her, no matter what she did. she moved and he didn't come after her----wouldn't even come SEE her.
just hoping the jury can see that too. ALL of them.

Yeah, even if alv does say that is why the overkill....it is still not an excuse IMO
There is no reason in that action. None. Zip. Nada

Certainly not misconduct but it bothered me. I felt really bad for Lisa throughout her testimony - direct and cross. Poor girl just trying to do her best in a difficult situation, having to admit things like her erection ignorance. Showing that photo with her was not helpful, necessary and cruel. That's also the point where TA's family member(s) were so stunned they ran from the courtroom.

A little sensitivity to all that are caught in Jodi's crossfire would go a long way.

Can you or anyone tell me why he pulled that picture out during her testimony? I mean, I just can't imagine any reason why she would need to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meteora47