trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darryl said soon after the young Mormon preacher boys started calling, Jodi instituted the "No sex for you, Darryl. I'm saving myself for marriage" rule. I see that as a ploy to get Darryl to finally marry her after 4 yrs.

funny how she was clear on that sex before marriage thing then, but forgot it later on.

as for DB, he didn't have much money, he had a child to support, he was a lot older than her. she had a roof over her head but as soon as she saw TA, she was moving on. she stopped paying the bills. she quit both her jobs.

i also thought it was interesting that DB said she never actually told him it was over. i think she did this a lot with her male 'harem.' 'i just need some time.....be patient with me....' she liked keeping them hanging so she could hit them up for money, gas cans, alibis, whatever.

she probably threw in a complimentary BJ here and there, just to keep them hoping for more.

Well, I think Flores needs to watch the court TV split screen of Jodi and watch her reactions. Investigate what she gets animated about....it is usually a lie.

Thanks for the explanation. Although I've gotta say, I don't think guys "owe" any woman they've just recently started dating an explanation of 'where they stand,' i.e., whether they are headed to the chapel at some unspecified future time. Talk about how to send a guy running for the hills! ;) :back:.

I agree. They were both adults and they were dating. If she demanded some explanation he was unwilling to provide, she could move on. Dating is full of ups and downs and random things and stuff we don't like. She wasn't some naive little girl, she knows how the world works.

ALV's entire testimony about their meeting rubbed me the wrong way. The "power difference" thing. Like, instantly, they were in a relationship where one had more power than the other. Here Travis is, this powerful man who could get them in PPL's VIP section, blah blah blah. Man can't win for losing.

Imagine how it rubbed the 12 male jurors, especially any divorced dads whose bitter ex-wives have used their kids as weapons.

If you believed an ounce of any of this, it could be argued that she purposely tried to get him mad enough to come after her, so that she could kill him and claim self-defense. I mean after all she had been warned, and felt threatened and yet she CHOSE to go to his home. She wasn't married, wasn't dating him at the time, no kids, no need to be there.

ALV says if you are a victim of your car being broken into people make you feel wrong if you left your window down. Ok, so if you continue to park in the same place and continue to leave your window down and your car keeps getting broken into, are you still the victim?

Can you now take it upon yourself to show up and shoot and stab them while they are breaking in instead of calling 911...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh a man was murdered for goodness sakes and these witnesses r getting to play mind games

That's a great point--that she used a stolen plate for the trip. I think she's more criminally sophisticated than she admits.
Exactly.
Neighborhood folks too may not recall a white car parked around the corner, but if they noticed a CA license plate on said white car around the corner, they would more likely remember that. The plate would lodge a memory, but the car itself wouldn't.

Ok... so what do think took place when she arrived?

Was Travis sleeping?
Did she sneak in?

I think he was on his computer as per the computer forensic evidence at approx. 4:15am and Jodi did not sneak in. He let her in.

I think he was on the computer and she let herself in and stood at the door watching him.

I think she seduced him (if in fact they DID have sex) and then acted like she was leaving. Her bag was in the car. She went out. He went upstairs to take a shower. She snuck back in and the rest is history.

Because as per ALV, she was vulnerable and had fluid boundaries. Essentially, she is saying Jodi was setting herself up for abuse.
That's what i'm getting from reading between the lines.

Why was Jodi even going off with Travis the very first night in Vegas if she had such high morals? while living with another man?

I agree. They were both adults and they were dating. If she demanded some explanation he was unwilling to provide, she could move on. Dating is full of ups and downs and random things and stuff we don't like. She wasn't some naive little girl, she knows how the world works.

Exactly. "Little-girl-lost-Jodi" is just her victimization mask. I'm sure she wasn't wearing it when she was zooming TA when they first met. :cow:

OT kind of, but can someone who has been in the courtroom (KCL, PASA, Momof3, BlueLady, etc) please explain to me how the cameras are set up? It's confusing how they go from one to another, and I *think* I remember someone saying there are automatic cameras but also cameramen in the courtroom. How do they know which to "go to" when live? Where are they standing? I know this is a weird question, but I have to see things in my mind to understand them better.

TIA - very much!

(p.s. - how is PASA? Haven't seen her for a few days and I know she was a bit under the weather. Hope she's feeling better)

Yeah, and why did they do split screen for a day then revert back? Poor Jodie not wanting to be seen sneakin? :what:

Ugh. Jodi's lips were probably sore around June 3rd, 2008 as many favors she had to ask of the exes she seen along the way to Mesa.. eww.

(per someone saying Jodi kept exes by stringing them along, with complimentary bj every so often)

But, according to Alyce--Jodi broke up with Darryl one week after meeting Travis. I'm telling you, they are downplaying Jodi living with Darryl.
I think old Jodi was like this with every guy, she would always be trolling for the more handsome and richer man. It is all about who could do what and give to Jodi.
Why was Jodi even going off with Travis the very first night in Vegas if she had such high morals? while living with another man?

I totally agree and she was on her way to be with another man when she stopped off to murder Travis. jmo

It is kind of odd that she visited her ex's before heading to Mesa.

MM, DB. :what: Again... driving 1000's of miles, you have plenty of time to think up an alibi and they were part of it.

Ugh. Jodi's lips were probably sore around June 3rd, 2008 as many favors she had to ask of the exes she seen along the way to Mesa.. eww.

(per someone saying Jodi kept exes by stringing them along, with complimentary bj every so often)

IMO the sex was not good between Jodi and DB. She used abstinence to have DB let her go because what man doesn't want sex?

The she met Travis, who was a Mormon and she thought she hit the jackpot.

Plus DB's ex had just moved to Monterey and had taken his son with her. DB wanted to move so I can see him between the house and Jodi being somewhat relieved that he could finally just go up to Monterey without having to worry about Jodi. jmo

Not sure if this is the same time, but I remember Skye saying that her and Chris were talking to TA in a bedroom with the door closed about some bad things about Jodi and they found JA listening at the door.
I'm sorry, I don't know any of the specific's. I know you wasn't asking me, and I apologize for answering but in my defense, my name is Deb too :smile:

I kind of get the feeling that Chris and Sky we just meddlers in general. Not saying that as a horrible thing, most people are a little guilty of this.

I think he was on the computer and she let herself in and stood at the door watching him.

I think she seduced him (if in fact they DID have sex) and then acted like she was leaving. Her bag was in the car. She went out. He went upstairs to take a shower. She snuck back in and the rest is history.

That so sounds like it could have been the way.

That's a great point--that she used a stolen plate for the trip. I think she's more criminally sophisticated than she admits.

At one point in her testimony she said Matt always had a lot of cars around (Nurmi was trying to imply she could've taken one of his instead of renting if she really wanted to hide the AZ trip in June) as if he liked working on them. Perhaps Jodi took one of the front plates from one of Matt's cars when she stopped to see him before heading to Mesa...

Darryl said soon after the young Mormon preacher boys started calling, Jodi instituted the "No sex for you, Darryl. I'm saving myself for marriage" rule. I see that as a ploy to get Darryl to finally marry her after 4 yrs.

This here is what really has me wondering about little Ms. Jodi's claim to be monogomus. Jodi testified that she met TA at a convention - came home on a Sunday nite and then proceeded to break up with Darryl on Thursday and by Saturday was having oral sex with TA - watch her description of that again. She says she broke up with him because she didn't want to cheat on him. Cripe she had already, in 4 days, decided she was way over Darryl but continued to live there with him. He testified he was aware of the preachers after the breakup.

ALV says the mormon preachers appeared after TA challenged her to read the Book of Mormon, which by logic indicates the preachers could not have been visiting with her before she broke up with Darryl according to her testimony.

There are so many lies, it is darn near impossible for anyone to keep them straight. JMO - she didn't play the no sex until marriage card on Darryl before the preachers arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic