trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something about that remote that bothers me to lambchop-What could it be??

I totally agree and she was on her way to be with another man when she stopped off to murder Travis. jmo

Jodi mentioned http://www.ldslinkup.com/introfaq.asp on the stand several times. Visiting there, she probably felt like a 1860s buffalo hunter surveying millions of bison grazing below, innocent and unaware of the danger he posed. Someone earlier wondered how she could claim 4 date offers for the same night - that site is how. I'd love to see her profile there to see how she described herself in 2008, what pics she chose, and the type of male "matches" she claimed to be seeking.

Imagine how it rubbed the 12 male jurors, especially any divorced dads whose bitter ex-wives have used their kids as weapons.

I've been thinking about that a lot, actually. How the men would take the testimony. Particularly with ALV painting damn near everything as abusive.

I fear that this thing may come down to the Battle of the Sexes in the jury deliberation room. It depends on the women on the jury, and their experiences with men, and vice versa.

California's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. So unless JA stated at the begining of the conversation, this call is being taped, she violated California wiretapping law? Am I missing something here?

Jodi covered that - she said Travis asked her to record it - it was his idea from the beginning. Sure...

This is very O/T but I feel like you are all my friends here. Youngest son (A) got into the surgical tech program at the local college so we're all celebrating in the G&AMom household. Sometimes, you know? Life ain't bad.

Jodi mentioned http://www.ldslinkup.com/introfaq.asp on the stand several times. Visiting there, she probably felt like a 1860s buffalo hunter surveying millions of bison grazing below, innocent and unaware of the danger he posed. Someone earlier wondered how she could claim 4 date offers for the same night - that site is how. I'd love to see her profile there to see how she described herself in 2008, what pics she chose, and the type of male "matches" she claimed to be seeking.

Me too! My money's on "a soulful spiritual partner to guide me into proper Mormon thinking," or some other similar baloney. Probably more than a little about her being trusting, innocent, gentle, shy, that kind of thing. She would definitely use the "Widdle-girl-lost-Jodi" mask for that occasion, I would think.

:cow:

I am just absolutely DISGUSTED in this pathetic attempt by the <modsnip> to try and paint nasty Arias as some kind of Domestic Abuse Victim. It's repulsive and it negates all the MILLIONS of women around this world who are and have legitimately been abused. I am a DV Survivor, from the time I was in my late teens and all the way up until my early 30's I have put myself in situations and relationships that were abusive. I have had a lead crystal ashtray whizzed at my head that gashed the side of my head open to the point I had to have 10 staples in my head, I have had massive black eyes, punched in the face like I was a man, bruises all over my body, dragged by my hair throughout the house, running out my front door in nothing but my underwear and NO shoes in the middle of Winter screaming for help from passers by because I was being beat. I sure as heck didn't run BACK INTO THE SITUATION, I RAN AWAY FROM!!! I have stayed in shelters, went without, lost everything and much more horrific scenarios that happened. To have this sorry excuse of a woman have the NERVE to claim she was abused violates everything that is right and just. Travis NEVER abused her, if anything he probably treated her like crap hoping she would GO AWAY and since she is a crazy stalker, she never did. I just hope the Jury sees through her litany of LIES and understand the truth. I don't think I could bear the thought of another Casey Anthony Verdict. That's why I almost wish I never began to get interested in this case. I just do not trust humanity enough to think they will do the right thing and that is terribly sad.

:grouphug: to you, indycornstalk.

I lack trust in today's humanity, too. Too dumbed-down.

So I just keep reminding myself that although the court system may not hold Arias accountable, she will be held accountable, nevertheless.

"So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." Romans 14:12 KJB

Wouldn't it have made more sense to take the money she spent on the trip and used it for a car payment so they would not repossess her car. She obviously needed the car for work. What were her plans when she returned and her car was gone?????

Plus Travis' BMW. That does not sound like someone who is abusive. He was trying to get his attorneys to hold UHaul accountable for the damage to the car. Had he been successful she would have eventually had that car to use.

I think she visited the ex's because she wanted something from them. DB provided the gas cans and there is something with the remote that is in question. MM we know what her intentions were with him. She had plans for him later as we have seen in court. I don't think she ever liked Ryan. He was just someone of use for her purposes. jmo

I think she went on her tour of exes because she was looking for someone to "take her in" if Travis wouldn't commit to her on 6/4/2008. She was staying at her grandparents house, she didn't have any money. I really think she was looking for a place to stay. She always 'traded-up' to guys that had more than her. She was/is a parasite. MOO

Besides, "abusive" is in the eye of the beholder. What we've learned from ALV is that everyone is in an abusive relationship, so we all can go around killing our significant other's now.

No, seriously, they could have meant different things by that. Maybe they viewed his womanizing in general as "abusive." No one has denied that he dated and flirted with a lot of women.

Are the Hughes also Mormon? I ask because I think about Mimi Hall's testimony where she said Travis talked about sex "too much." To a Mormon, I would imagine if you mentioned sex twice a day that would sound like too much since they are very strict about sex after marriage, etc. If I were raised Mormon, I think any talk of sex would make me uncomfortable due to my upbringing.

So, yea, context is important, the problem is that since the prosecution is fighting admitting it, it makes me wonder if there are details in the letter than does elaborate and that it doesn't look good for Travis.

That's what I wondered. They may see normal dating/hooking up as abusive behavior because it doesn't conform to their beliefs.

ITA! I think that that chance meeting with Travis at the PPL conference in Vegas must have seemed like hitting the jackpot. And NOT the way ALV is framing it as a power imbalance favoring Travis. It favored Jodi. Jodi is a narcissist, a criminal, someone who uses other people.

She looked at Travis & his Mormon friends as marks to exploit. She was enraged when Travis threatened to expose her true nature to this group of people--and she killed him.

I hope that JM turns this around with ALV--the fact that all her info comes from the lips of a liar, the abused victim was Travis, the aggressor is JODI.

Exactly.
Neighborhood folks too may not recall a white car parked around the corner, but if they noticed a CA license plate on said white car around the corner, they would more likely remember that. The plate would lodge a memory, but the car itself wouldn't.

We are talking about CA and AZ...border states that have loads of crossover.

I don't think for one second anyone would notice a California plate.

A Minnesota plate? A Maine plate? A South Carolina plate? Sure, maybe. But a CA plate? Nah. Common place in AZ.

IMO anyway. Having lived in CA for a good portion of my life, an AZ plate wouldn't cause me to think twice. And I didn't live in Southern California!

I've been thinking about that a lot, actually. How the men would take the testimony. Particularly with ALV painting damn near everything as abusive.

I fear that this thing may come down to the Battle of the Sexes in the jury deliberation room. It depends on the women on the jury, and their experiences with men, and vice versa.

Well I can tell you how this fellow is looking at Ms. LaViolette and Ms. Jodi - only I can't say it here because it would definitely result in a lengthy time out and I so need to vent.

Let me put t this way, I like giving my wife flowers at unusual times just out of the blue. Now I figure that must be or could be considered abuse because I hold the flower power. :furious:

There is something about that remote that bothers me to lambchop-What could it be??

Since JM brought it up, I'm hoping that it is too the DVR that was also stolen from paw paw's house the same day as the gun.

I think maybe JM set it up to do just that with the "I'm innocent & no jury will convict me"--during sentencing we need to hear "I would be begging for the DP"

And for any of those who might believe PTSD just remember it does not mean get out of jail free

Jodi seems to care about her reputation and family in the interview tapes the most. I think Travis was going to out her for breaking in his house and accounts, maybe stealing?, stalking, slashing tires and being a sociopath, rejection of Cancun and for not giving her credit in his book..ect. (surprised she didn't keep a dual diary of things Travis did/did not do for her) ...and her blackmail via phone call wasn't going to work....her exposing Travis backfired on her, she couldn't allow that to happen, she killed him because he wouldn't meet all of her demands. She is still spinning her stories so people don't find out the real sociopath's mask of hers.

Since JM brought it up, I'm hoping that it is too the DVR that was also stolen from paw paw's house the same day as the gun.

I thought it was taken by mistake from a guy's house-forget which one,but then she realized she had it
in the car,turned around and returned it.

I am very liberal when it comes to this. Doesn't matter man or woman.

I've tried to flip the scenario (ie: Travis brutally killing Jodi) and the pieces don't fit.

He never once makes an attempt to visit her when she moved back to Yreka.

Jodi pursued Travis, even while she tried to manipulate Travis with all these men who wanted her. Travis was trying to move on and find a wife.

Not only did he not pay for lunch, he argued w the waitress over his bill for a drink he claimed he didn't order. He kept reorienting himself around this large table and every time he was in earshot I turned my back and ignored him and talked to the person next to me. He literally followed us out of the courthouse and tagged along to the restaurant. Weird but not the first time this has happened. But the last. As I told the much younger Katie "just because someone wants something from you does not mean you have to give it".

I drove down yesterday specifically to see Katie and how she was doing and these other ladies had attached themself to her tagging along. One turned to me and asked "now who are the Hughes?". I turned to Katie and said "these wowen are not coming with us to lunch" then took care of it. My opinion is your if you d invited self better be prepared to be uninvited. No more playing at this stage...I don't care if I'm perceived as impolite. To me tagging along and horning inis what's rude so I'm flexing my boundaries muscle

BBM. I think Jodi missed this memo. :floorlaugh:

Did Jodi say she slept on MM's floor, wasn't there a room-mate, male, there also? In my mind, I keep getting this picture of them all sleeping in one room...talking or something?! Why is that?
Something is off about that. Why would they put Jodi on the floor? This MM, why didn't Jodi sleep in the bed with him, hands to themselves---if nothing was going on? Couch? Were they plotting?

I found JM's questions about this perplexing. He is the only one that mentioned that someone else was there and she did admit it when he asked her. I wonder if that person has provided some information???

Well, I can't speak for others, but I can certainly speak for myself. I have worked with women who held views consistent (apparently, in fairness) with ALV's, tending to ascribe all manner of negative characteristics to men in general. It is obviously unfair, but in the workplace, it may also be illegal as it can border on sexual discrimination.

Compounding the problem is that undeniable fact that many men are indeed abusive and that many women either have been or know others who have been abused by them. Thus, it is not unreasonable for some women to have such assumptions.

However, I for one do not judge either men or women by virtue of gender alone, but rely upon my own personal experience with their behavior. I have always found gender-biased assumptions insulting. In fairness to ALV, I would take her current testimony as evidence of certain gender-biased assumptions, but I would also recognize that the structure of her testimony prevents an open conversation on the subject at hand.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member