trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Chris and sky Hughes being called on rebuttal now.

I am beyond pizzed at this.

Can Juan bring up that sky only said whatever is in that email after the DT lied to them about the forged letters?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'd love for either of the Hughes' to be called to testify about this. They both make fabulous witnesses for the prosecution, and not only that they will be able to show how totally uniformed and utterly biased this suppoed "expert" is.

If this trial and its outcome were based on the truth, I'd be fine with whatever happened. It's all about the game, and all about the dance. I know that everyone deserves a defense but this is obscene. A human being was butchered. I don't care how 'mean' anyone claims TA may ever have been.
If JA would have been stalking me, I can't begin to think of what I would have done or said in frustration and sheer anger! Throwing a phone wouldn't even make the radar. I'd have thrown a car. On her. And then lifted it and dropped it again. Sorry, I am not in a good mood about any of this today. It took record time to ramp me up with this BS.

I believe they were both admonished not to watch the trial because they'd be recalled.

For anyone interested, this was the cross-examination by <modsnip> of Chris Hughes. You can tell CH was wound up tight.

[video=youtube;z4bTzT-c0DI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI[/video]

Listening to Alyce lead into the email from the Hughes, it sounds like a nosy neighbor gossiping about what they think they heard or saw
Of course, these jurors are smart.
They will ask a lot of questions.
Juan will not let Alyce spin it her way.

My take on the email is that Jodi was stalking Travis by Proxy through the Hughes. She
was complaining about how Travis was hurting her feelings and trying to get the Hughes
"on her side" to make Travis be the kind of boyfriend she wanted.

Jodi also was over at the Freeman's telling the brother and sister and their mother all kinds of stuff about Travis. She is all about using Proxies to do her bidding. She wanted to control the relationship from the start. Everybody has said all Jodi talked about was Travis. She was obsessed and she had an agenda. She was not going to walk away, oh no, she was going to force him to care. She wanted help in controlling Travis to take her seriously.

Who the h3ll cares about their dating problems. She was the one that showed up at his house in the middle of the night on a surprise visit after he hadn't seen her in two months. She killed Travis because she couldn't get her way. She deserves the Death Penalty.

She's puttin' the *advertiser censored* stink eye on somebody...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I can't but laugh when I see the word "*advertiser censored*" especially in the applicable context of JA! *advertiser censored* stick eye!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Alyce LaViolette, unmasked.

From an article of hers, she says:

"There is no research that can say that the cost of women's violence — emotionally, physically, or in regard to property damage — in any way matches the violence perpetrated by men."

Nice fallacy. There is no research that can say purple unicorns do not exist. Therefore, they must exist, right ALV?? Guess she never uncovered the concept of falsifiability in her pioneering 35 year career?

If this trial and its outcome were based on the truth, I'd be fine with whatever happened. It's all about the game, and all about the dance. I know that everyone deserves a defense but this is obscene. A human being was butchered. I don't care how 'mean' anyone claims TA may ever have been.
If JA would have been stalking me, I can't begin to think of what I would have done or said in frustration and sheer anger! Throwing a phone wouldn't even make the radar. I'd have thrown a car. On her. And then lifted it and dropped it again. Sorry, I am not in a good mood about any of this today. It took record time to ramp me up with this BS.

Too me, it seems like the witnesses keep forgetting that JA drove 1000 miles to see him after she had moved back to CA two months earlier.. She made the trip. She went to see him. Gosh, I am spitting nails again.

Absolutely, you can bet these emails will be crossed on. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chris and sky added to the rebuttal list too, if they aren't already there.

Are they the couple that were ordered out of court and told not to follow or listen to anything about the trial. I understood it was because they may be called as witnesses. tia

Yes-I watched the CA trail,which has nothing to do with what happened today.
Jean was asked her professional Opinion as a lawyer in an interview about Juan taking pictures outside of the courtroom,she gave her PO as a lawyer that she would be concern if a juror saw it and I happen to agree with her.Its not that I don't like Juan-I very much do,not as much as a lot of people here.LOL,But I do like him.She was asked a question on air about it and she answered-I am sure she had no idea Nurmi would make such a big deal out of it!People are saying she inserted herself today and I just don't see it that way.She answered a question,that was all.!!JMO

She inserted herself because she made a big deal about it on the air the day before on HLN, making it a big story about how Juan's this big rock star and she also insinuated that he was having an autograph signing session when in fact it was one person who asked him to autograph her cane. Sensationalism at its finest.

Hey everyone :-) I just got back home, is Juan Martinez speaking today? Thanks, I just need to know this before I go back and read the last thread.

Today it's really pissing me off. How is it that a MURDER VICTIM is being tried here? He can't defend himself! Somehow our legal system allows truckloads of ***** to be thrown at a VICTIM in the hopes that something might stick.
It's WRONG on so many levels.

Completely agree. Yesterday I read through AZ Rules of Criminal Procedure, and at the very bottom is Rule 39 - Victim's Rights.

They are so scant with what is there, and so incomplete with what should be there and isn't. And there are restrictions within the listed 'rights'.

This should be the biggest embarrassment of our legal/criminal system.

So ALV is on par with a palm reader or a psychic I guess. She can interpret things, somehow "know" things about people she's never met, based on tiny snippets of their lives because she can compare them with her limited life experience? (Yes her experience is limited - there are tens of millions of relationships, people, and situations - her knowledge is not broad enough to reach reliable conclusions, that's why there is a thing called peer reviewed research).

Worst of all was when she related the story of a kid whose mom killed herself and the family kept watching tv. She said she "knew" a lot about that person based on that one event...really? Does that make any kind of sense? You just "know" how that affected the person as an adult? She "knows" how he dealt with it, what his beliefs about it were?

These kind of things could only be conclusive if everyone reacted the same way to external events. They don't.

A major rule of scientific study: there is more than one possible interpretation for an event. To LV, there is only one- hers. Just like Samuels.

the whole Trial scene and Experts get me in such a "disbelieving" state!

------------
I took a call from a client of mine about 30 min ago, delaying my coming to a scene to meet him..Some emergency, someone else needs to go first and do a walk through or whatever.. fine fine.. so delay 1 hr. I was very sweet "fine no problem..." Ok I thought it was a lie, maybe he was hungry and needed lunch first or got held up at the store, who knows.. Lord! he accidently dialed me moments ago, probably sat on his phone? He could not hear me, but I heard him and another man's voice.. Clearly going over the scene. Just like he said :innocent: I hung up fast, in case i'm not supposed to hear that...

I should start to be more trusting lol. Ok no, can't happen

Too me, it seems like the witnesses keep forgetting that JA drove 1000 miles to see him after she had moved back to CA two months earlier.. She made the trip. She went to see him. Gosh, I am spitting nails again.

Also, is there any evidence that she told him she was coming? Who drives 1000 miles without letting the person know they're going to stop by? Especially someone with no money, no place to stay, no resources to speak of?

I actually cannot stand JC - BUT I think the mess this morning was caused by the DT - NOT JC. She actually redeemed herself on the stand by refuting what Nurmi was saying.

I understand a lot of people don't like Jean C,but today was not her fault.

View attachment 31316

Characterizes LaViolette's attitude as "only men are perps, only women are victims”.

Did I call that or what?

It's a shame that Travis Alexander wasn't black, then the Defense Team could have brought in an expert witness from the Aryan Nation to tell us "how those people are".

Yes, LaViolette operates under cover of being an "advocate" for victims. And she has a lot in common with Jodi Arias, kindred spirits really, in that the path she has taken is that of passive-aggression and manipulation.

She simply practices a form of bigotry that is, sadly, not only socially accepted, unquestioned, but often encouraged.

Here's a quote from an article listed in her Bibliography - 2000:

"There is no research that can say that the cost of women's violence — emotionally, physically, or in regard to property damage — in any way matches the violence perpetrated by men."

When JW asked her if she treated male patients, it felt like she was asking her if she treated rhesus monkeys or something. She was also asked if she was ever afraid of any of her male patients. She hesitated for a minute before saying that she was afraid once - because one of her DV patients was a gangbanger who had murdered people.

I think she would be lying through her teeth if she said that JA didn't give her the creeps! It all boils down to the $$$.

The defense gets mad at Juan for taking a few pictures, they need to look at themselves when it comes to misconduct!!!!! So upsetting

Hey everyone :-) I just got back home, is Juan Martinez speaking today? Thanks, I just need to know this before I go back and read the last thread.

Just be prepared to get red face mad. No Juan today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member