trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #2217 from lil buddy about AVL being named in complaint: Letter to Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office re. discrimination against men by the County Domestic Violence Council.

After reading the complaint I was led to an article she wrote: Researchers Agree Women May Hit Their Male Partners, But Infrequently 'Batter' Them — Pattern of Coercion Is Seldom Present in Female Aggression

Says something about her views on men verus women being abused.

I found this on youtube. In the bottom, right corner you can see a woman in a red suit hand a piece of paper to JA's mother. One of the commentators wondered if it was a note from Jodi being passed to her mother.

http://youtu.be/LGYHuDDLDQ8

Oh that's just the mitigation lady Maria ...shes jodis second biggest fan :biggrin:

that he refused to speak on camera about ANYTHING. It also wasn't like a hoard of people around him. It was the cane woman who wanted her cane autographed which he did with a somewhat baffled look but it was obvious he was being polite. I doubt he has taken many classes in how to evade the public. If there is concern about what the jurors see, then they should be monitored like other juries are and given a separate area for breaks. And Juan apparently doesn't even usually come out the front door he just happened to that day. And there is zero evidence any juror even saw him. But J<modsnip> had to throw that in as a possible concern because she thought she saw one juror sitting on a bench once near where it happened. As soon as she said it I knew it was trouble. Some media people just have to create a controversy where none exists. Plus, even if a juror did see Juan sign a cane or get his picture taken unless it would affect their ability to be impartial it doesn't matter. Again, there wasn't a crowd of people calling his name and mobbing him. It was fairly inconsequential. I'm sure more people run over to Beth Karras or J<modsnip> herself.

The media tried to interview him about the craziness that day and he declined. He hasn't spoken to anyone. What was he supposed to do, tell them to get lost? He was ambushed. I am assuming that's why he declined the interview. He doesn't want to make it about him.

I believe the emails were ruled inadmissible. The DT is being sneaky by getting them in indirectly through their expert witness, which is allowed apparently.

I was wondering if they were available to read somewhere. If ruled inadmissable guess we'll never get to see them?

I call ******** on Jason on the Kray Kray site. If you had a friend you really thought was innocent and was on trial for her life you would testify. He's in this for the notarity and web site hits. What a first class wipe he is. All her friends are afraid to come forward yeah right a wipe.
On another note:
I think Willmott thinks this is a joke she has such a flirty way not professional at all.

The judge lost control of the courtroom what a sad state our judicial system is in. The defense team is running this trial and I hope Stevens realizes what a bad job she's doing....... poor disillusioned judge.

Goodnite folks! Have a safe/great holiday weekend, see y'all Tuesday:seeya:

which site? i got banned from posting on a facebook site that i never even posted on in the first place. I had "liked it" and then one day went to post something and there was no box for me to post in! lol

it was a pro TA site, too. I think they confused me with someone else, and pulled got excited and pulled the trigger finger too fast. AND, there are no mods to complain to, and no one to leave messages with.

So their error. now I won't even read it if I cannot post. They should be more careful about who they are accidentally banning from posting.

I post often on that site and I don't think you were banned - we had all had a problem posting for several days - there were rumors that the pro-JA folks had reported us all as spam

Yeah, really!

I woke up this morning and came downstairs with some pretty wild bedhead. My husband said to me, "Hey, Foghorn Leghorn," and proceeded to giggle.

I told him he should be ashamed of himself...that I didn't appreciate his subtle verbal abuse.

:floorlaugh:

When my hair dries and as I brush it out ..I get accused of looking like Troy Palumalu...of the Steelers. My hubby is deceased may he RIP it is my friends...I am not Samoan..I stay at my friends home and that is the abuse i face. Unfortunately ..she is prolly correct.

Hate to say it, but her quote is probably accurate. Notice the wording, "There is no research that can say..." bet she's right.

She is arguing the difference in research - knowing that lack of interest/research in how/why female perpetrators abuse and the harm, massive cost and ripple affects doesn't mean it's not there or less "bad"... it's just that it's not on anyone's front burner. After this trial, that may start to change.

ALV also grouped forms of violence by women against physical violence by men. To me, that illustrates that she knows darn well that abusive behaviours do not look the same (generally) in men and women. Or she was conflating. Probably both.

ETA: I agree with you, by the way. This type of quote bugs me. She's being very cagey.

Cagey, yes -- but academically questionable (I am a professional academic.) She knows very well that absence of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence. It's the first rule for social scientists.

She does seem to be focused on the gender issue in domestic violence...

*I1 How Gender Issues Affect the Assessment and
Treatment of Domestic Violence
Some researchers have suggested that domestic violence is an even-playing field. This gets played out in custody cases by evaluators and the court saying it is a “he said”, “she said” case and not recognizing information that points to domestic violence. In this Institute, internationally known speaker Alyce Laviolette will review and critique research and present information about gender and domestic violence that will help with assessment and with treatment.

http://library.softgenx.com/dvc/LADV/court/2010_Pre-Conference_and_Conference_Abstracts.pdf

Today it was pretty clear how she feels about this topic:
  • Travis's rough childhood marks him as a future abuser.
  • Jodi's rough childhood marks her as a future abuse victim.

Well, Isa, your banishment might allow you to spend more time with us, and that's a good thing!

Your post, which is so much better than mine would have been, beat me to saying the same thing WRT the Hughes' not wanting JA in their home anymore/again. Speaking of banning -- that is what I remember them doing somewhere along in TA's "relationship" with JA. And, IIRC, there was one time when JA, after this banning, did go to their home and they ignored her, and she just eventually left. No, they knew she was wrong for TA, and just plain "wrong." No way the Defense could call either one of them as their witness(es).

JMHO

bbm
I'm here all the time!
I just got banned for a third time when I used another proxy site and sent them the youtube video and double dared them to post it and asked a bunch of questions about the guy from Pakistan (why would he care about Jodi or Casey), Paypal donations (who gets the money), etc, etc.......and told them they should all get a life.

I call ******** on Jason on the Kray Kray site. If you had a friend you really thought was innocent and was on trial for her life you would testify. He's in this for the notarity and web site hits. What a first class wipe he is. All her friends are afraid to come forward yeah right a wipe.
On another note:
I think Willmott thinks this is a joke she has such a flirty way not professional at all.

The judge lost control of the courtroom what a sad state our judicial system is in. The defense team is running this trial and I hope Stevens realizes what a bad job she's doing....... poor disillusioned judge.

or it's a hoax

I'll admit it -- it's basically like a train wreck for me at this point. I can't look away, and I'll have to see that.

lol That's it! I have to watch but I know better!
Ted tells me not to... he is so over this trial!

10053_4869404249059_1423091658_n.jpg

Today it was pretty clear how she feels about this topic:
  • Travis's rough childhood marks him as a future abuser.
  • Jodi's rough childhood marks her as a future abuse victim.

Wouldn't that be the other way around. I don't recall Jodi ever saying her family had no place to live or she ever went hungry. Don't you just love the hint of sexual abuse by the father stated by ALV. We knew all new it was coming. jmo

I post often on that site and I don't think you were banned - we had all had a problem posting for several days - there were rumors that the pro-JA folks had reported us all as spam

Still no box for me to post in under comments. I have no idea, but I am 100% pro TA and never posted ANYTHING on that site to be banned from posting. Never posted a thing at all. Just lurked, just like I did here for a while. I am not able to post anything on it.

Oh well, this will all be over soon enough.

Here it is: [snip]

I noticed that the site also has a "donation" page. I wonder how many have sent their money to a person in Pakistan?

I think that's the whole point to the site - a financial scam. Pretty stupid since if they did a jodi arias is guilty site they'd make a whole lot more money.

Then again, since the defense hasn't complained about it or looked into it (and they definitely know about it) it could also be the defense paying some company to try to sway public opinion and the company either uses cheap labor in Pakistan or Pakistan is immune from our financial scamming laws like those bogus Nigerian financial scams.

Stop with the name variations now. It's JC, JeanC or Jean Casarez. Timeouts will resume if this continues.

There are so many emotions going on in my brain and I'm trying to go through them...to me, today was a slap to everyone by Jodi and her minions. The true abuser.

So mama your husband called you fat and now the whole wide world knows about your house. From the animal neglect and abuse, to your finances, to how many guns you have in your house and where they're kept (and one has an illegal silencer that is kept close to a very ill man (I guess his plan is to just plug them a few time before ATF comes calling), to Jodi and her life and how you abused her, and drove her to murder Travis.
I have trying to be objective about her. I think she's not happy to be here, but knew it would happened one day, it was just a matter of time. I know she loves her because she has been there for Jodi every day. Doesn't say she's happy about it, but she's edifying every thing Jodi has said or done. And the games they are playing is dishonest.

And I can't go there right now with the defense. I am still reacting to AVL and what she's doing to Travis. This all would be different if she'd known Travis and make her opinion from that...not from the lies Jodi told.

I haven't seen or heard Juan Martinez bang on his chest about this case. I haven't seen him seek out any one, but I have seen him being nice (and was surprised) when the lady wanted her cane signed to that wonderful photo of Katie (she's a tall girl, I'm jealous) and Juan.

I went to rinse a glass, turned the faucet on and there was a yellow jacket sitting on it. So I hit it with wasp spray and it flopped over in the sink, I wanted to wash the sink out from the chemicals so I left it there with the water running. My DH came in asked what I was doing and I said I'm cooking a wasp., and he said can I ask two things? Shoot I told him, was it a bad day in court, and do I have to eat it?

Best post I've read all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member