trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the ' glass is half full' kind of person so I loved how JA got to hear in court that people think JM is doing a wonderful job, that they want his autographs etc. Basically JA got to hear that the world hates her and loves JM and Travis. I liked that. I was smirking big time after that. Lol.

I totally agree. She knows what she's doing and has made her decision to do so. This woman likes being the "underdog" and fights for her "rights" in being so...She's made a career of it. It's right up her alley to do exactly what she's doing. Without question, she knows what she's doing and why she's doing it.

Maybe she killed someone and got away with it and wants to pay it forward?

Hahaha. Just kidding of course...

I don't even want to understand her motivations. I prefer being me.

moo

I think that is admirable if you are dealing with a true DV case. But, she isn't. jmo

I think she knows exactly what she's doing and totally believes it's the right thing to do. I think she's aware that her opinion is very unpopular based on her comment that first day about hoping her practice was still there, and is doing this in spite of it. If she'd changed her tune and the defense was forced not to call her, that would be no skin off her nose.

BBM

Furthermore, she made a point to discuss that quite often people don't believe the victim I believe partly to guilt the jury should they chose not to believe the DV story, but also to almost brag about how she's their savior because she believes them. I think she's very comfortable with having an unpopular opinion on this subject, in fact I think she feels if her opinion is unpopular it emphasizes the validity of it.

A couple of things I noticed.

After re-watching Chris Hughes testimony regarding the email letter

seen here: Jodi Arias Murder Trial day 10. Part 3 - YouTube

and listening to ALV today with Wilma, it is quite sneaky how Nurmi snuck in the word "abusive" on the day that Chris Hughes was on the stand, and is very similar to the way that Wilma got ALV to sneak in the word "abusive" today.

Also, both Chris Hughes, and ALV BOTH made the statements regarding the email that the first part of the email wasn't available to read, and that they were reading from an email which was in the middle of a conversation between Travis and Chris.

What are JA group trying to hide?

It bugs me how something that can be said in a normal conversation can be taken out of text, and given a meaning that isn't even close to what it was meant to mean.:furious:

It's something big, but I believe to was the state that was able to keep it out (1st email but not responses). ALV has the whole thing, state objects to direct quotes or close summations. Hughes was not given the first page - and state argued that Hughes couldn't be expected to testify to something out of context. I don't know what it is, but it's gotta be big and I don't think it looks good on Travis.

At the end of the day, do you know what guys his age are usually doing? He's pretty squeaky clean in direct comparison, and I've heard nothing that even makes me raise an eyebrow. Knowing what I know, would I let my daughter date him? ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY. My girl has boundaries and knows how to say no - Arias did not - and knew exactly what she needed to hook him. It wasn't personality or career she could offer ....

iirc, it was Juan that didn't want Travis' part of the e-mail exchange read.

I may be wrong, but what I am hearing is JM didn't want the email at all, and it was over ruled by the Judge.

Then, Chris Hughes was instructed to read ONLY the part that KN provided, and he (Chris) asked about the rest of the email and wanted to read ALL of it.

JM objected at that point, and stated that Chris should be able read the entire email, not just snippets, as to not impeach himself.

It's at about 32:00 of the link.

I'm the ' glass is half full' kind of person so I loved how JA got to hear in court that people think JM is doing a wonderful job, that they want his autographs etc. Basically JA got to hear that the world hates her and loves JM and Travis. I liked that. I was smirking big time after that. Lol.
Second benefit - you could tell it was eating Nurmi alive.!! YEAH!!

Just watching DD and I picked up something I thought I would share. Not sure who was in yellow, JA's aunt? When ALV started talking about a little boy having a crush on Jodi and then began to say JA's dad confronted the boy, the camera panned to JA's aunt and mother. When the camera was on her, the one in yellow, made a gesture with her head. It is hard to describe so you would have to watch it yourself but the gesture she made was one that you would make when you are reacting to something you don't agree with.

Just watching DD and I picked up something I thought I would share. Not sure who was in yellow, JA's aunt? When ALV started talking about a little boy having a crush on Jodi and then began to say JA's dad confronted the boy, the camera panned to JA's aunt and mother. When the camera was on her, the one in yellow, made a gesture with her head. It is hard to describe so you would have to watch it yourself but the gesture she made was one that you would make when you are reacting to something you don't agree with.
I noticed the same thing.

I don't understand what all the grumbling is about. I know most of you have watched trials before. The defense experts are always going to give testimony that is favorable to the defendant if they can - that is what they are hired to do. If they weren't able or willing to slim things in favor of the defense they wouldn't be hired. Do you think the prosecution's experts won't be biased in favor of the prosecution and against Jodi? Of course they will! These are not court-appointed neutral experts whose job is to report impartially to the court. These experts -- for the defense and the prosecution - are hired to help their side win.

This witness has done very little for the defense, and when she is finished with cross exam and jury questions her testimony will ultimately be no help for the defense and possibly helpful to the prosecution - I would bet money on it.

It doesn't matter if the jury goes into a long weekend wondering about this testimony. These are smart jurors - that is clear from the very intelligent questions they have asked. And Juan has effectively neutralized the testimony of every single defense witness and there's no reason to think this witness will be any different.

(Mark Eiglarsh on Dr Drew re: ALV)

"How cool was it to be the housekeeper for The Brady Bunch?"

I'm sorry, I haven't been here much today but I just tuned in to Dr. Drew and :floorlaugh: I absolutely cannot stop laughing!!

Hot AND funny!

Someone please help, when I see a face forward picture of JM, I SWEAR I see Count Dracula from Sesame Street. I'm on through my phone but if anyone knows how to do it easily, I want a side by side!!!
Ha Ha! I remember! A JUAN.... a two... a tree...
I think Juan's rebuttal will be at least as long as his CIC, so maybe it will depend on who does the cross. Man, what a choice, but at least Willmott seems to go a little faster.
I too, hope we're done by the end of April.
Then once she is found guilty there might be about a month before she is handed her sentence?
2 hours? Wow, we'll be lucky if they choose a foreman within that time frame.
I think within another month (end of April) after the "lottery" the foreman will "magically appear"

or I might be
images.jpg

My husband believes the stabs to his back would be the most likely cause of him not being able to feel his legs. He hasn't reviewed the autopsy or anything, I just gave him a quick 411.

Oh, my! So if JA was actually telling the truth about Travis saying he couldn't feel his legs then after the stab in the chest (ME in New York thought it was first) Travis was still able to speak through that and the back wounds. I can't imagine how badly he suffered. All I think of is Death Penalty. :furious:

I don't understand what all the grumbling is about. I know most of you have watched trials before. The defense experts are always going to give testimony that is favorable to the defendant if they can - that is what they are hired to do. If they weren't able or willing to slim things in favor of the defense they wouldn't be hired. Do you think the prosecution's experts won't be biased in favor of the prosecution and against Jodi? Of course they will! These are not court-appointed neutral experts whose job is to report impartially to the court. These experts -- for the defense and the prosecution - are hired to help their side win.

This witness has done very little for the defense, and when she is finished with cross exam and jury questions her testimony will ultimately be no help for the defense and possibly helpful to the prosecution - I would bet money on it.

It doesn't matter if the jury goes into a long weekend wondering about this testimony. These are smart jurors - that is clear from the very intelligent questions they have asked. And Juan has effectively neutralized the testimony of every single defense witness and there's no reason to think this witness will be any different.

Right! And no matter how long the weekend is for them to sit on those words, those aren't the words they need to make their decision. No fear, JM will speak at the end, the words they need to hear to convict.

I don't understand what all the grumbling is about.....

Because we can.... neener neener neener...:Banane13:

Just kidding of course. I am so sucked into this trial. I find myself going back and re-watching video and it is amazing how much more I seem to pick up.

(Mark Eiglarsh on Dr Drew re: ALV)

"How cool was it to be the housekeeper for The Brady Bunch?"

I'm sorry, I haven't been here much today but I just tuned in to Dr. Drew and :floorlaugh: I absolutely cannot stop laughing!!

Hot AND funny!

Me and the hubs were roaring over here too!!! :floorlaugh: Too funny!

Furthermore ...

This case is not going to hurt Laviolette's career. She is a good witness and may get many calls from defense attorneys to testify. She is also an ardent champion of female domestic violence victims, and there are plenty of them out there. For those women she is still a hero and can provide them with valuable services.

Because we can.... neener neener neener...:Banane13:

Just kidding of course. I am so sucked into this trial. I find myself going back and re-watching video and it is amazing how much more I seem to pick up.

I have done the same thing many times!

What I learned today:

1. Jodi managed to get Katie kicked out of court because Juan has his photo taken with Katie.

She is still manipulative in the courtroom!

The glares she was giving to Juan was like the kiss of death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double