trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone listening to HLN? All the disciplinary actions against JA over the years? She definitely as an issue about things in twos.

MOO

Lol yes under her mattress she stashed ink pens. Where did she hide other stuff? In her vaggie:floorlaugh:

Why do we assume the DT was the one demanding her exit?

Perhaps JM saw something hinky, or the Judge got wind of some impropriety.

<modsnip>
It is in the DT motion - either dump #5 or call a mistrial. do you need the link?

The part of the ABC report about Juror #5 possibly being in "hot water" before sounds silly. So a viewer hears something by a TH on TV commenting that Juror #5 was nodding/reacting to something being said by a witness (and I kind of remember Beth or JC relating this at the time), so they call the judge and ask her to investigate? It's not like they were necessarily even in the courtroom (and since they didn't describe her correct hair color, I doubt this person was in the courtroom). It was just someone meddling and trying to "help".

I imagine jurors reacting in court is frowned upon. We haven't heard thus far that any of the jurors have done so excessively, as far as I know.

Obviously there was something else of concern regarding Juror #5 that resulted in dismissal. Maybe it wasn't egregious, but I'm sure the judge is erring on the side of caution.

This trial needs to get over soon in order to keep the jury as intact as possible.

Isn't it more appropriate, however, for them to testify during the penalty phase? ALV is an "expert" witness who is supposed to be testifying as to the "relationship" between Travis and JA.

MOO

No, not exactly. If they had anything to testify as to who she was and how she behaved that would be remotely redeeming, they would have been right up there testifying every which way they could. They would have been an integral part of the DA's "story". They did not appear in any phase of her trial that would require them facing cross or rebuttal. It says a lot.

As her parents, they will, might have a voice towards leniency in her sentencing...Which so far, I think only her mother might step up to do...

ALV doesn't "know" JA as her parents might do and to boot, she's being PAID to say what she says.

BIG DIFFERENCE to me, if I'm an honest juror with an IQ that puts me in the standard population (something we can't be sure of here).

moo

I would be really interested in seeing the complete police interrogation video of Jodi's mother and father. Does anyone know where it can be viewed?

:seeya: So finally we know WHY they give her those little putt-putt golf pencils !

:floorlaugh:

I respectfully disagree with the part about the judge disrespecting the jurors. I didn't think there was any tone or condescension in her voice when she was instructing the jurors about lunch. She has to be firm to make her point, lest they possibly not take their admonition/duties seriously.

That being said, I do think she's not handling the defense team properly. The "trying to prevent and mistrial/reason for appeal" excuse can only carry so far IMHO. The late starts and the short days or lack of trial days is a ridiculous. I can't imagine why they cannot go Monday thru Friday, at a somewhat regular schedule.

I do realize the defense is causing most of the delays with nonsense, but I would hope there is some way she can reign that in without causing a MT/A. I mean, these types of trials could potentially go on forever with unethical attorneys and killers who are trying to delay the inevitable. There's got to be someone in charge.

I believe the Judge is bending over backwards because this is a Death Penalty case! As I posted earlier, I bet the DT will bring another slew of reasons why she should allow a M/T so...she should sequester the jury starting tomorrow and then HOLD COURT EVERY SINGLE DAY until a verdict is reached.

Why does this girl always have 2 of everything, is that weird or what?

anti itch cream
fungal cream
acne cream
She had 2 of each

I am not even going to start to speculate on JA's fungi and itchies. :yuck: Where did she get these creams for though if they are naughty items to possess?

I would be really interested in seeing the complete police interrogation video of Jodi's mother and father. Does anyone know where it can be viewed?

I'm thinking David lohr can ACESS it for us.

are the video's of the mom and dad being interviewed available anywhere online please?

Adding to your post katiedid !

Aha ... Miss Arias has NOT been the "model" :jail: that everyone thinks she is ... Surprise Surprise :floorlaugh:

She was HIDING PENS in shampoo bottles !

OMG ... she really has a thing for "pens" -- I think that since she can't have a "knife" in prison, this is her "substitute" for knives !

She had in her possession:

2 bottles of "unauthorized" anti-fungal cream

2 bottles of "unauthorized" acne cream

2 bottles of something else unauthorized ...

Not surprised at all by her behavior !

:seeya:

WAIT A MINUTE! Where did she get this stuff? By "unauthorized" are they saying someone smuggled it in? or she stole it from an inmate? Or that she deserves to have a fungus and pimples so they would not authorize treatment medication? WTF does this mean?

I've been down this road to some extent. In addition to not wanting to deal with unwarranted judgment and finger-pointing, if one's child has ever had any dealings with the juvenile justice system, I can imagine there'd be even more reason to keep quiet, outside of confiding to close family and friends.

Thanks for this, finger pointing at the parents is a sore spot to me. When my son was in the 8th grade, I was called into the school over his lack of motivation in class, which I had been dealing with since the first grade. I was put in a room with three teachers, the vice principal, the school counselor and one social worker. It was like the inquisition, and I was pretty well punch drunk at the end of it.

After it was over the social worker put her arm around me and said "that was not a good meeting". She developed a relationship with my son, and was one of the few that could get through to him. She was a lifeline for me for the next year, until the school division pulled her off my son's case because they thought she was getting too "close" to the situation. I'll never forget her for that. She was/is a true credit to her profession.

I haven't posted because ... Well.. Because this DV witness has completely changed my opinion about Jodi! Jodi isn't a psychopath, she's a victim. Belated April fools:) please don't throw rotten fruit at me....Or emu poo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was getting ready to call an ambulance for you. lol

Sociopaths are good at "looking normal" from the outside world.

It's their actions that are dangerous.

Agreed. The sex and ex's and a$$ grabbing gotta go, i'm tired of it already.

And ALV is still in 2007!

Jodie was an adult, her parents can't force it on her.
I've heard tell that people with mental illness have a high sex drive. I don't know that to be a fact, since I'm not mental, but if this trial doesn't end soon I may end up nuts.
I can't take hearing or seeing any more of Jodie's sex exploits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela