trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
katiedid2! Did you edit to add to your post? :floorlaugh:

LOL, ITA with your edit :floorlaugh:

(I am answering the guy from a country without the DP who doesn't see why only the Death Penalty will avenge Travis Alexander's murder)

I had a son who was a violent sociopath from birth. He was also a criminal and served time in jail. When out of jail, he lived a pitiful life working for minimum wage and using his tremendous IQ to cook up fraud schemes, work up ways to justify beating people up, selling drugs/cheating people, etc.

He loved being in prison. He was a loser on the streets and kept lowering his peer group in order to feel superior until he was literally hanging with people who lived under the bridge. But he was really somebody in jail. He had the opportunity to buff up his body until it shone rippling with muscles. He quickly developed a following, acquired tattoos and was dispensing street smarts to younger criminals. Still with the dazzling model good looks.

He told me that having people afraid of you was "worth it" because you got respect. Being violent on the streets got you in trouble, but in jail it got you respect. And he just preened with that. He got his own private cell because everybody was afraid to be his cellie (sp?).

I lived in fear he would kill someone "for fun" and sure enough he was making plans. Why? Because it would give him the respect he craved. Why not commit a minor crime and go back to prison where he was respected? Because a minor crime doesn't get the respect. It starts you at the bottom and you have to claw your way up (by being violent). He figured if he hurt someone on the outside, they would respect him, he would see that in their eyes PLUS he would get more respect and have a higher pecking order in the gang when he got to prison (because of a more serious rap).

I am a non-violent person myself; however, I don't consider life in prison with an "opportunity to do good in the world" from jail is punishment. It shows that you do not know the criminal mind.

Take Jodi Arias for example. She is scorned in society, branded and will never have a decent boyfriend. Just look at her current admirer. SHe is a pariah no matter what the verdict. But in jail--why I saw it on the faces of the eager prisoners that Nancy Grace walked by.

"I know her, I sat by her at lunch once!" screamed one wretch.

"Will, Ay hayve talk-ed to her my SELF," said another and got an interview with the eye of the camera right in front of her wondering nose.

She is a celebrity in jail, smiling and waving at the crowd as she goes to and from her cell. They are all wishing her well, giving her an extra cookie, cowtowing to her, worshipping her. "Can I do your hair Miss Jody?"

This attention *advertiser censored* will be loving every minute of it as she writes her future best seller "The Law of Attraction vs. The Law in Arizona" - the legal cagefight of the year and how I won.

It has to be the Death Penalty, my foreign friend. Even if she sits on Death Row for twenty years at least she will be having PUNISHMENT for the heinous and deliberate act of torturing and carving up a human being to please her offended pride.

I agree. It has to be the death penalty. Her life is not worth the lives of others. Her life is worth less than animals who deserve our care. She is a killing machine, whether it is the murder of the body, or of the soul. There are no redeeming features. She looks human but she is not.

I don't remember Deanna giving any interviews, does anyone? If not, couldn't she come in as rebuttal witness. It seems as if TA was in constant contact with her throughout his JA relationship. I believe if memory serves she may have testified at a hearing. Will go back to look at the minutes.

She was on tv one time right in the beginning of the trial. I can't remember what station or even exactly what she said except she had nothing but good things to say about Travis.

Omg Hln reports
Jodie got in fight hid pens in her bed etc etc

I'm bumping my own post (how absolutely gauche of me LoL). Seriously, I see a lot of discussion on this forum about past spousal/significant other abuse and those that have had the horror of living with a psychopath, but nobody seems to have any experience in dealing with a child who is suffering from the very disorders that JA's parents have dealt with? I'm wondering if it's a taboo subject, or if nobody here has had that experience. I've commented a couple of times on it, because I can relate to it somewhat.

I don't get why the parents are given such a bad rap when it comes to dealing with a child with a personality disorder, but when it's a partner there's all kinds of empathy and support. Dealing with a child like that is NOT EASY. I don't agree with the things that JA's mother has done, or that Cindy Anthony has done, but I can understand their instinct to bury the truth. Guilt is obviously a factor. There is a gut reaction to point the finger of blame at the parents when a child is "defective".

My child is neither a psychopath nor a sociopath, but he has lied and hurt and caused us a lot of grief with his anger. The mental health system has very limited resources available to those who can't afford it. So we have dealt with it the best we can, and we have good days and we have bad days. But I hold my head high because we've done our best, and we continue to fight to get our child the best care that we can.

I pray to God I never have to deal with anything remotely like what those two mothers have had to deal with.

I've been down this road to some extent. In addition to not wanting to deal with unwarranted judgment and finger-pointing, if one's child has ever had any dealings with the juvenile justice system, I can imagine there'd be even more reason to keep quiet, outside of confiding to close family and friends.

I agree. It has to be the death penalty. Her life is not worth the lives of others. Her life is worth less than animals who deserve our care. She is a killing machine, whether it is the murder of the body, or of the soul. There are no redeeming features. She looks human but she is not.

Shes a Pod person. Invasion of the body snatches.

I have my own theory. I feel pretty sure Jodi killed that dog. He was never seen again.

I thought that too. I wonder if Jodi liked to play with matches? We already know that Jodi loves to buy the gasoline in multiple containers.

on HLN just reported...

2009 Jodi got in a fight with cell mate claimed self defense.

She was also hiding 19 unauthorized pictures, pens. anti itch cream etc...
:eek:

Many disciplinary write ups in jail for STEALING PENS and hiding them.

lol some things and whackadoodles never change. Looks like JA can't follow the rules in jail. :lol:

Anyone listening to HLN? All the disciplinary actions against JA over the years? She definitely as an issue about things in twos.

MOO

Thanks! I have been wading thru the last 4 threads and making notes on the back of my class notes, lol!

Wait. So then what is the prob with #5 giving JA signals and signs? I just read she was doing that. I am soooooo confused. Why would the DT object to a JA-friendly juror?

I think she may have been nodding/shaking her head at a time JA was contradicting previous testimony. IMO only

So ALV knows and understands JA better than her parents might? Nope, I don't buy that.

If they were willing to get up there for their daughter, they would have testified. They might be willing to plea for her life but it's blatantly obvious they would not partake of the circus...
moo

Isn't it more appropriate, however, for them to testify during the penalty phase? ALV is an "expert" witness who is supposed to be testifying as to the "relationship" between Travis and JA.

MOO

Some of the offences on her record while in jail:

Hiding 2 pens
Fight with inmate - she pleads SD hahaha
Hiding 2 more pens
Disobey instruction to go back to cell
6 creams in tubes (anti itch, ect)
2 more pens hidden
unauthorized pictures

Oh. But I was just rudely told that I was wrong in assuming the juror was perhaps pro-JA.

Hmmmmm.

Who needs to do their homework?

I will pretty much repeat a post I made earlier, but it is my view of it.. The only thing this article says is the juror was shaking their head "no." The report is from someone saying on TV they saw people saying this juror was shaking her head, the person making the call didn't sound like they even observed it and it could have been just a complete sensational piece on HLN (they love that yknow). BUT, I think if she was shaking her head "no" it could be like how many of us at home shake their head "no" as JA testifies. I know I shook my head all the time at JA's testimony because she, IMHO, was often full of crap.. Here is a quote from my past post..."I would significantly doubt #5 was "coaching" JA... she probably has a difficult time containing her thoughts to just inside her mind and not a physical reaction. I have problems too, I unconsciously react physically often. I do think it is improper for a juror to react physically because it is obviously frowned upon and could be distracting for other jurors around her but I seriously doubt it was any attempt at coaching JA not to answer or to answer "no." It may just have been #5's disbelief or #5's belief in what the true answer is! I wonder who made that call to Stephens!?"

Moo, again :moo::moo:

It's one thing to be an expert witness and testify in generalities - especially regarding an Olympic Gold Medal liar. That's what she's paid to do and what she did the first day or so. However, the public's ire gets up when she tries to specify that this case is "abuse" based on any information she has from the defendant. It's like repeating a rumor only she should know better because her authority gives it more weight.
It reminds me of the hijinks that almost went on in the Anthony trial when they tried to sneak psychiatric experts to testify based on her allegations (particularly when some didn't interview her or were simply basing their opinion on her story). That didn't fly - I can't remember if the expert witnesses recused themselves or if the judge just didn't allow it. I'd hate to stake my reputation as an expert on something as specious as this. I remember the blowback Andrea Lyon got for taking the DP on and she did the same thing - it's one thing to have a legitimate agenda and another to muck it up by using a courtroom as a forum and making it specific by associating with really, really questionable company. I'll bet ALV will be wishing pretty soon - if she isn't already - that she had picked a smarter venue for her campaign against domestic abuse. Nurmi too. He's taken the field of "sex crimes" back years by trying to put Victim Lipstick on this abusive and deviant little piglet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela