trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC News has obtained over 600 pages of the defendant's journal entries.

NG (Jean C subbing) showed some of the entries, also had someone reading a couple of them.

:what: WOW will ALV be testifying about them??

ALV is sick from the realization she threw her integrity and her career out the door the minute she decided to cash the expert witness check. If she is pooping her pants now, imagine when Juan utters his famous words - Ma'am isn't it true? Oh I cannot wait!

Lol! My ears are actually aching for Juanisms: Did you read that, yes or no; Sure!; Didn't you just say that 5 minutes ago?; and my all time favorite "Do you have a problem with your memory?

Where in the name of all that is holy did JA get money? It is apparent she got none from her parents so where???????????????
I know this is not important but it bugs me...she travelled, she did, she went, how????

Has nothing to do with the trial, but I wonder about that too.

Some people have a way of getting by from the generosity of others. She did manage to get her way into some of the PPL functions this way and may have done so in other areas of life. I do think that the veneer of PPL/PPL people held a lot of appeal for someone like JA. Kind of a get rich quick scheme where anybody can make it with the right drive.

He seems to catch everything!!!!

Here's another thing I hope he caught: ALV testified today that Travis gave Jodi a pair of Spiderman underwear for Valentines Day, among other things. Jodi testified he gave her a package of underwear---and then naturally had to go into detail about how she opened the package and took them off of the cardboard etc etc etc. I realize neither is true but just sayin'.

I'm lost here, missed the shows about journals tonight. What's it all about and are these new never before heard of pages that have been found??

ABC has acquired 600 pages of her journals. Lots of stuff the defense team has not dragged in to try to bolster her story. I guess we'll have to wait until they finally get posted in their entirety to the Internet before we can get any real context on her writings. The defense has a way of picking and choosing just the stuff they want to twist into " abuse". JM has already shown examples of how they actually show the abuse didn't happen. But of course that's because she never wrote anything negative...well about Travis anyway. :rolleyes:

MOO

How about take it one step further and pin down exactly how many days they even saw each other?

Some one did the years 1 1/2, then another did the months 18, and one did the days 600? something. It was last week a few threads back.

February 2008 he said he wanted to buy a gun -- but according to Jodi's testimony he already had a gun as of 2007. Oops

Holy! Are you 100% sure you have the dates right here? Because that's the smoking GUN if true!

:offtobed:

Good luck night shift....hugs to all....

Were there any more TV shows tonight with experts saying Jodi has a lot in common with Ted Bundy?

And can anyone please tell me how many days ALV has been on the stand?

TIA

She is still her mother. Really can't fault her for visiting.

MOO

Can't fault her at all, but after reading for months here that Jodi never looks at her mom during the trial, and also hearing about their volatile relationship in the past - I just assumed they didn't have a relationship. I wonder if this has brought them closer? Jean said HLN got copies of the jail visitation record and mom is there on a regular basis.

ABC has acquired 600 pages of her journals. Lots of stuff the defense team has not dragged in to try to bolster her story. I guess we'll have to wait until they finally get posted in their entirety to the Internet before we can get any real context on her writings. The defense has a way of picking and choosing just the stuff they want to twist into " abuse". JM has already shown examples of how they actually show the abuse didn't happen. But of course that's because she never wrote anything negative...well about Travis anyway. :roll eyes:

MOO

OK so the DT would have had to give JM copies of the pages they planned on using. Does JM have those other 600 pages?? :great:

Jodi Arias trial update: Juror kicked off trial issues statement

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...pdate-juror-kicked-off-trial-issues-statement

The statement reads:

In the past few days I have been a part of discussion and interest in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias. For the past three months I have been fulfilling my duty as one of the jurors in the case of Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias' attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 is removed from the jury, which led to my removal.

As a juror that has been removed from the jury, I would like to remind everyone that the murder trial case of Jodi Arias is still going on and that the time and money being invested in this trial are more relevant and important than my removal from the jury.

Until the verdict in murder trial case of Jodi Arias is reached I will not make any statements or give any interviews regarding my removal from the jury. I believe that the attention should be focused on the actual trial. I would ask from everyone to please respect my privacy and the privacy of my family.

Excerpts from the diaries have been used over and over again as evidence in the trial. IIRC, the DT has always been the one to introduce the pages as evidence with JA testifying about her writing.

Both DT expert witnesses say they have read the entire diaries (3) as part of their review. Samuels claims to have read earlier diaries dating back to when JA was in middle school.

I'm not sure if there have been any evidentiary hearings on the diaries and how passages can or cannot be admitted to court.

Is it possible that this gun business would not be admissible as hearsay; JA is writing what TA said?

I tell you what. The second those diaries are released I will be placing them on my Kindle or iPad and I will not be seen for a whole weekend. Fake or not, good reading imo:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89