trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone ask what makes a situation a domestic issue. In my opinion it's the following:

1. An unmarried couple living at the same address as a couple (ie sharing a bed etc)
2. Persons related by blood or marriage.
3. An unmarried couple who has a child in common, no matter what address they live at.

So Since JA & TA were not living together nor did they have a child in common, the murder of TA is not domestic.
OK am I close?

I think so. When TA was murdered, they were in 2 different states for 2 months. How is this DV????

They were also "just friends". According to JA, she broke up with him in January 2008.

ITA, how is this DV?

What do you mean "not true?" How would you know what the ripped pages said other than Jodi's word?

I don't know what you mean here. There are ripped pages. We have no idea what was on them, unless you want to go by her word.

I didn't say anything was forged, but pages were ripped out at least.

No, we wouldn't. When she was arrested, she had no idea she would be claiming self-defense. She thought she could claim she was never there. She thought her receipts from everywhere but AZ would prove that. She's an idiot.

I said that.

OK.

:clap:

I'm a Christian I wouldn't be offended I am offended that she used god to trap Travis than killed him.

Not God, sleuther, sex. She converted to make herself qualified to date him, to get near enough for her to grind on him.

God is not mentioned in this journal except where she considers herself more Christlike than Travis. Appalling, just unbelievable arrogance. Good thing we have expert LaViolette to inform us that Jodi has poor self esteem, otherwise, we might think she thinks she's godlike.

Granted, I am not a big fan of AL, but it really bothers me to read all of the sexist comments dealing with her looks and her age.

Why does it seem that Florida & Arizona are magnets for the most freakiest criminal cases?
And don't get me started with Texas. In Texas they fry 'em even if they're not guilty.

In California, they send them to the San Quentin Summer Resort, j/k it's not. But did you know that San Quentin is situated in Marin County, top 3 wealthiest counties in the US. I'd have to pay multi-millions to get the same view that Scott Peterson has at S.Q. And if you drive up the road it's a hop skip and a jump from Lucas Ranch.

I drive by the S.Q. turnoff 3-4 times a month.

Hi neighbor. I'm in the S. Bay.

Holy! Are you 100% sure you have the dates right here? Because that's the smoking GUN if true!

February 2008 he said he wanted to buy a gun -- but according to Jodi's testimony he already had a gun as of 2007. Oops

I think Juan is on top of this. IIRC he really pinned her down on when she first allegedly found the gun in TA's closet and she said Oct. or Nov. '07. I think Juan didn't pull out the journal entry then because she would have found a way to wiggle out of it. He will find a way to bring in the 2008 thing from the diary in cross of LaV (ie "Would it surprise you to know that JA testified she found TA had a gun in Oct. '07? How do you reconcile that with her journal entry from 2008 that says he wants to buy a gun? Why would he need to buy one if, as JA testified, he already had one?).

Jodi does remind me of Diane Downs a lot...especially after hearing her parents tapes. IIRC Diane pretty much bullied her parents just like Jodi did/does.

But the narcissism that both display really locks it in for me. I think that is why neither one would try for insanity defenses.

Why in the world didn't Downs get the death penalty? She's already had a parole hearing with more to come every two years.

http://murderpedia.org/female.D/d/downs-diane.htm

Highlights from Trial Day 40, April 3, 2013.

After a few emotional moments, like when Jodi cried about La Violette's testimony about a stranger's cat abuse, the defendant appeared bored (and stoned). She alleviated her boredom by defacing court property:

sm3vkg.jpg

As the clock approached lunchtime, defense counsel and their witness became antsy, whether to have the day end with a moment of oomph (quotation from La Violette) or because the witness needed a bathroom moment, and this ensued:

zujssn.jpg

2wnmpnr.jpg

2m61lyu.jpg

2nshw0.jpg

28j8pvo.jpg

To bad we don't have a screen shot of Juan smiling after she made the comment JA wasn't jealous.

She took the stand on March 25 at 4pm.

The following were court days and she has been on the stand all of them:
3/26
3/28
3/29
3/31
4/1
4/2
4/3 (half day)

TX TXHoney.

I made some rough calculations based on the 2 rates for her time--jail visits and the higher rate for court testimony.

Not counting additional fees for travel lodging etc, she got $11,000. for the jail visits to JA. And so far approx. $13,000. for the court testimony=$24,000 plus expenses probably.

I did not figure in the time and expense for watching the video of "The Secret" to learn about "The LAW [cough] of Attraction."

:seeya: THANK YOU pufnstuf ! WOW ... you really put it into persepective !

Highlights from Trial Day 40, April 3, 2013.

After a few emotional moments, like when Jodi cried about La Violette's testimony about a stranger's cat abuse, the defendant appeared bored (and stoned). She alleviated her boredom by defacing court property:

I felt like Jodi looked far more animated today than we've seen her in past days, but that may have been anxiousness over the stunt they were about to pull about shutting court down today. :furious:

Both sides had all the journals way way before the media obtained them.

I've been a part timer here lately but try to read daily. Taxes, guests and all that stuff.

When did the journals become evidence? I'd assume when they searched her stuff at mom's or her grandparents homes around 7/15/2008? She had 8 days after she returned to CA until she was arrested to fabricate this tale.

Honestly, I think she had a screw lose ever since TA & her broke up. Many of the entries read so like a teen girl & her first boyfriend. It wasn't her first rodeo yet ALV paints her as such an innocent virgin. Talk about twisted sisters. tia

TX TXHoney.

I made some rough calculations based on the 2 rates for her time--jail visits and the higher rate for court testimony.

Not counting additional fees for travel lodging etc, she got $11,000. for the jail visits to JA. And so far approx. $13,000. for the court testimony=$24,000 plus expenses probably.

I did not figure in the time and expense for watching the video of "The Secret" to learn about "The LAW [cough] of Attraction."

NO! Now I have to download and watch this video... My playlist is already so far behind because of this trial... :banghead:

TX TXHoney.

Plus expenses definitely, unless she's being extremely generous. Experts usually get their hourly plus per diem for travel expenses.

Since Jodi told her dad and led them to think Travis was going to marry her, I wonder if Jodi had an engagement ring? Like one that was missing from Travis's house?

Her dad stated she told her sister and the sister told him.

I think Juan is on top of this. IIRC he really pinned her down on when she first allegedly found the gun in TA's closet and she said Oct. or Nov. '07. I think Juan didn't pull out the journal entry then because she would have found a way to wiggle out of it. He will find a way to bring in the 2008 thing from the diary in cross of LaV (ie "Would it surprise you to know that JA testified she found TA had a gun in Oct. '07? How do you reconcile that with her journal entry from 2008 that says he wants to buy a gun? Why would he need to buy one if, as JA testified, he already had one?).

He might, but it would have been better if he questioned Jodi about it.

I felt like Jodi looked far more animated today than we've seen her in past days, but that may have been anxiousness over the stunt they were about to pull about shutting court down today. :furious:

She literally used the kleenex to wipe slobber off the corner of her mouth today... I think she was on some kind of anti-anxiety something or other.

:)

To bad we don't have a screen shot of Juan smiling after she made the she wasn't jealous comment.

Was it today? Was it right at the end when LaViolette made the statement about "no evidence of jealousy from Jodi Arias...text messages"?

If so, I'll try to grab it and I'll insert it.

She literally used the kleenex to wipe slobber off the corner of her mouth today... I think she was on some kind of anti-anxiety something or other.

:)

I was convinced she was on some kind of barbiturate. She was obviously having cotton mouth (somebody mentioned the peanut butter off her teeth moves she kept making with her tongue). She was just too lethargic in eye and head movements. Her gaze fixated (even more than usual) in a non-focused way at all sorts of points. It seemed clear to me. :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee