trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT? Did I just hear that right? The violence started to escalate after April?

"You have to feel good about yourself to look at yourself honestly" Really? Based on what?

ITA. In fact, the times I've looked at myself most honestly were the times I wasn't feeling particularly good about myself.

One thing that's really troubled me about this testimony is that anything can be misconstrued to be abusive because abuse in and of itself is so subjective.

But abusive relationships aren't. They almost always follow a fixed pattern - it's almost rote, really - that is totally lacking in regards to Travis. Things like moving to be close to an ex after you break up, going through their text messages and emails to snoop on them, destroying property and warning off prospective females are serious warning signs of controlling behavior. Control is what abuse is all about.

It's very difficult to establish control in a relationship spanning a distance of a thousand miles which is why most abusers would either move closer to their intended victim, move their victim into their home, or at least preclude their moving back quite so easily.

Jodi testified that Travis was physically abusive almost from day one. I remember because it's so atypical. Most abusers are charming for many months, sometimes even years, until the victim is dependent on the abuser in some capacity. So LaViolette is correct when she's testifying to a gradual escalation - only, according to Jodi, there wasn't any.
Double that.

You go Juan! Object, object, object and throw JW off track!

I cannot believe this woman is supposed to be a licensed professional. I have NEVER seen such a lack of common sense and critical thinking before.

Seems like about 500 words from ALV could have been summed up in one word--denial!

But maybe she missed that course?

Can anyone clarify for me - why did Nurmi specifically mention 5 jurors? (I read this upthread.) What was his complaint re these jurors?

So that it couldn't be any clearer to Donovan to target/spy those jurors and report back to him.

The penny drops!! I've just worked out why JA has her hair like that today. She's taken the sides up so severely because it matches ALV's hair style - sort of. And she's swept her fringe to the side too.

Attachments

• aandj002.jpg
    aandj002.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 12
Is Jodi trying to play little Miss Secretary today?

No, she wants to make sure that all her hair is pulled back so the jury can surely see her waterworks begin when they get to the day of the murder. JMO

ALV has made me realize I have never had a relationship that wasn't abusive! Who knew! As a matter of fact, I'm apparently the abuser and the abused. This woman is NUTS!

according to alv this trial is abusing me. giving me expectations only to shatter them when court is cancelled, making me ignore my housework to spend time with it, letting me down constantly... yada yada yada...

ALV has made me realize I have never had a relationship that wasn't abusive! Who knew! As a matter of fact, I'm apparently the abuser and the abused. This woman is NUTS!

Listening to her, I feel like abusing something. :banghead:

a tirade.....Jodi says some woman came to her work to let her know about Lisa.

Jodi could have gone to ER with her "broken" finger without saying her partner did it! Meant to say this yesterday!

What did Nurmi mean about AL finishing up because of her schedule? He plans on her being on the stand all day with JW...:banghead:

sorry if this has been asked but does anyone know what would happen if ALV becomes unable to continue in the trial, let's say when it's time for cross, due to illness or whatever? It's a hypothetical but am wondering what would happen to her testimony if she somehow can't get crossed? tia

I would guess her testimony would be stricken from record since she cannot be cross-examined? No real clue. Or she can be crossed in hospital?

Wanted the identity of the woman who came to her restaurant and reported that he was seeing LA. The imaginary woman? I guess he was abusive in calling her a liar. Or telling the truth as it were.

Whoa - I thought on or about 4/7/08 was the week of, or the week after Jodi moved from AZ to Yreka, CA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
april89