trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I find it odd that Jodi was presented with information that Matt McCartney was cheating on her in a restaurant where she worked. Now we are to believe that she was presented with information that Travis was cheating on her, also in a restaurant where she worked? Or am I misunderstanding something?
You're not. It's just that the restaurant where she works is actually their private email and phone texts where she hacks. :p

tumblr_md5pyyFw2A1r6h22v.gif

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Jurors seem a bit agitated and restless. They play with their pens and swivel side to side. #JodiArias

:great: So take notice, Willmott ! They're BORED ... BORED !

:moo:

I'm really creeped out by Willmott...

Can you imagine her outside of the courtroom? :shiver:tremble:shiver: I wonder what she's like when she's winding down chillaxing at home... YIKES my mind is wandering about... I think I need to turn off this insanity. I don't have the energy...:nervousbreakdown:

I think she's extremely competitive at the cost of everything else and that's all I've got.

Ok, I've zoned out. How does Dwayne Dyer the author of "Your Erroneous Zones" fit in now?

I agree the parents were terrified of Jodi's wrath.

As a Morman, was there any counseling other than with a Bishop, available for a woman Jodi's age whose parents and friends seemed to think needed to get help with psychiatric issues? Tia
I can't attest to mormonism but I've been in a similar situation as the spouse of someone disordered and likely psychopathic. As an adult, there is almost no help available unless the person is a direct threat to themselves or others - and that's subjective. He was released just 72 hours after a suicide attempt in a very public way. A few years later he went on to rape his teenage niece, was diagnosed comorbid antisocial and narcissistic, and is now forced to receive 'therapy' in conjunction with his incarceration. While his crime is his fault, obviously, I have wondered if they'd kept him longer...but you can't hospitalize people for what they might one day do, either.

The problem with antisocial and narcissistic personality disorders each is that one of the characteristics is the afflicted person externalizes all their issues. The problem isn't with them but with everyone else. As such, unless the person is extremely dedicated to rigorous therapy, they're very resistant to any help that might be available. Often doggedly so.

Over here, by law, axis II personality disorders MUST be treated (we don't use the DSM over here though ;); its the ICD) - even though treatment is so ineffective. It reduces people who have gone to school for psych degrees for years into babysitters and a medication delivery service. There's little actual therapy going on because there's really nothing that can be done if the patient won't engage or feels justified in behaviors that hurt others. And so very many are just like that. So going the extreme opposite in treating peeps that won't accept behavior modification as treatment because they blame everyone else or who refuse to commit to a long-term, difficult process, isn't the solution either imo.

MOO

The killer is looking very self satisfied and pleased with herself this morning. :mad:

She is LOVING this testimony about what a horrible meanie her victim was.

The judge's desk is enormous and piled with papers. Looks like my office only mine is a closet.

Lokendra Singh ‏@Lokendratweets 3m
Jodi Arias' Psychologist May Have Screwed Up Her Murder Defense: In the past few days, lawyers for "Mormon Cas... http://bit.ly/16t2kA1

wenwe4,
You are an angel to transcribe all this drivel. Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you?
Thanks

I bet judge calls for a "recess" or "lunch" right after this sidebar ...

I could be wrong ... but I won't be surprised if they recess -- for the day ... !

:moo:

really...gotta move along this is all been said and done already

I'm watching but this abusive testiphony really has me in a foooogggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads