trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaying this morning's motion on the live stream for anyone who missed it.

She sure isn't proving self defense. imo

I think they are giving up on that and going with the hope of getting a lesser offense included. I think this witness is setting them up for ' a crime of passion' defense, that she just snapped and 'let him have it' type of scenario. And I worry that it might work with one or two jurors, who will hold the rest hostage and have to go along with it. JMO

I really believe all these journals that LaViolette finds so insightful and damning to Travis are post-fabricated by the killer because she was planning self-defense from the get-go, even as she was premeditating his murder possibly.

Then when Det. Flores told her there had to have been two people present, she probably thought if she could match a story to that she could get out of it completely. She wasn't smart enough to know Flores was working her.

Then she had to go back to self-defense when it became crystal clear the "ninja theory" wasn't working.

She even blamed Flores for the "ninja theory" in open court. She basically said, "Well, Flores kept saying there had to be two people present...."

I cannot believe LaViolette staked her entire career on this case. I guess she figures she's in too deep to back out now, so...

Nothing. Well you missed Nurmi wanting the jury sequestered and his motion getting denied but you missed nothing otherwise. We're at May 22 though. Yippee. We should be at the murder in 2 weeks at this rate.

Wild About Trial is rebroadcasting it now.

Nothing. Well you missed Nurmi wanting the jury sequestered and his motion getting denied but you missed nothing otherwise. We're at May 22 though. Yippee. We should be at the murder in 2 weeks at this rate.

I'd say you must be kidding, but sadly, I know you are not. Will someone rid me of this meddlesome monkey on my back? This trial will be the end of me. I'm jonesin' from sunup to sundown. I'm thinking of starting a Rehab program.

Can someone give me the odds of JM coming on today?

OH GOD!! NURMI IS ASKING FOR SEQUESTRATION AGAIN!!!

Right now: Court back in session without the jury as Nurmi presents a motion

Edit: This was a replay of the motion presented before the trial resumed this morning, not something new

Nurmi renewing motion for sequester of jury or replay from this morning?

Back up with defense motion for sequestration. Because of parents' interviews and jodi's diary being reported on by the media.

Nurmi is asking for the jury to be sequestered.

I wish I could be there....I would follow this Donovan chic around and find out exactly what she is up to.....

I really believe all these journals that LaViolette finds so insightful and damning to Travis are post-fabricated by the killer because she was planning self-defense from the get-go, even as she was premeditating his murder possibly.

Then when Det. Flores told her there had to have been two people present, she probably thought if she could match a story to that she could get out of it completely. She wasn't smart enough to know Flores was working her.

Then she had to go back to self-defense when it became crystal clear the "ninja theory" wasn't working.

She even blamed Flores for the "ninja theory" in open court. She basically said, "Well, Flores kept saying there had to be two people present...."

I cannot believe LaViolette staked her entire career on this case. I guess she figures she's in too deep to back out now, so...

Oh, this is a good post. You are right on with her journals, :cow:

A paralegal?

Donovan is sitting at the end of the first row where JA's family sits. She's wearing a tie dyed T shirt covered by a jacket. Was friends with JA in jail.

The demeanor of JW is very insulting to victims of crimes. Her chirpy/giggly speech pattern has no place in a courtroom let alone a murder trial. There are grieving people in that gallery and her tone should be respectful of that. JMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrelracer99