trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have missed a lot of the discussion about this but anyway does anyone believe that JA wrote most of these journal entries between the time she killed Travis and before she was arrested? And she just dated them as if they were written before?

The reason I ask is she sure did seem to want Flores to look at her diary since she mentioned them to him during the interrogations.

tia

Yep, I've thought it all along.

I have to say I am really shocked by the animosity for ALV on these boards.

I know she is on the "other team", but for God's sake this woman has committed her life to helping people being domestically abused.

I will be curious to see who all of the sudden LOVES her when JM turns her into a witness for the prosecution, and he will....

Hi everybody: first post here. I've been 'lurking' since the CA trial, but remain a huge fan of all sleuthers on these boards. This animosity is what finally pushed me to register and join here; but the simple post above says it better than I ever could. I personally believe Ms. Arias is guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder, and while I cannot imagine sending someone to death row, if anyone deserves the DP, she probably does.

However, the personal attacks are really distasteful and, as had been said, we're all better than that. There are other things to talk about and debate rather than someone's appearance, and other things to do rather than taking away someone's ability to make a living doing the good things she did before she decided to testify in this trial.

Just my opinion, and I appreciate the forum in which to state it.

I bet Nurmi will be filing another motion for a mistrial re Juror 5 in the gallery, based on how the current jury will interpret that.

I think it's great that she's there to show solidarity with the jury... but it kind of flies in the face of what she said in her message to ABC.

This is sooo not a good idea! :(

After thinking about this for a minute, I agree Tulessa. But I have to say, I admire her - the girl has balls. Erm. Eggs. Great big huevos.

Wild About Trial
I see tri color "juror 5" sitting in the spectator section. Interesting. We should begin in 5 or 10 minutes. #JodiArias

I just realized what a complete and utter waste this entire week has been...I am literally unable to fathom how the Judge is allowing this <modsnip> to continue. Even starting a paltry hour early, they still can't get going by the original start time.

This issue would be easily resolved by a new schedule until the end of this...everyday, 8am-5pm, mission essential court personnel only if the Maricopa County Court budget doesn't allow for Fridays and weekends. One hour for lunch. All of the attorney's/Judge's other cases that are not on a time clock should be transferred to another attorney/Judge or continued. Court cases are continued for months at a time, every single day.

Once the new schedule is in place, Judge Stephens needs to get her rear in gear and start making the attorney's try this case or move out of the way. I.e...May we approach? "No."

If she is interested in the defendant's rights, she should think ahead and realize that it is actually in JA's best interest to wrap this up sooner than later before the sensationalism reaches a fever pitch.

I just cannot cope with this charade...

Per hln...juror # 5 is in the courtroom watching the trial! :dance:

Judge has ordered that no one try to speak to her!

I wonder if:
a) she's taking notes
b) she's giving/getting death stares to/from the Beast

I don't get why it is wrong for the juror to be in court. She invested months into this case. It's not the same watching it on tv. She has already stated that she will not talk till the verdict is out. I see nothing wrong.

I may be in the minority here...but I think Juror 5 being there is a big middle finger to jodi and the DT....and I think its awesome.

Juror solidarity!!!

Heck of a statement Imo.

Sorry laniefi, you are mistaken if you think I have made any negative comment(s) on her physical appearance. :what:perhaps you responded to the incorrect poster??

I said "we" as a group, not "you"....

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

I see tri color "juror 5" sitting in the spectator section. Interesting. We should begin in 5 or 10 minutes. #JodiArias

Wonder if she came down after hearing Nurmi's "little diss" to the jurors this morning?

Does anyone know what it was about juror #5 that caught the attention of the DT?

I hope this doesn't cause legal issues....

@WildAboutTrial 54s

#JodArias and Travis' family as well as counsel went into chambers.

Nurmi will be crying for another mistrial now

I have to say I am really shocked by the animosity for ALV on these boards.

I know she is on the "other team", but for God's sake this woman has committed her life to helping people being domestically abused.

I will be curious to see who all of the sudden LOVES her when JM turns her into a witness for the prosecution, and he will....

Frankly what she has done in the past is irrelevant when it comes to this case. Yes she has done good work for women but this is about a woman on trial who is a cold blooded psychopathic murderer which ALV has tried to make into an angel. She completely dismisses all of the abusive acts the defendant has done. But she pounces on the male victim even for trivial things because imo ALV feels the woman is always the victim of abuse and the man is always the abuser.

I really don't care who an expert is ......if they show blatant biases then I don't have a touchy feeling for them.

But the truth is if JM never crossed her she would be perfectly fine feeding all of this to the jury and wants them to believe that JA is good and TA was the bad one.

I will not give her the credit for what Juan may do in his cross.

IMO

Since many of us are not impressed with Ms. Wilmott and believe her trial skills and demeanor are lacking, you might be as bothered by what I read, as I was. :facepalm:

http://willmottlaw.com/attorneys.html

In addition to her criminal defense practice, Jennifer has taught hundreds
of attorneys trial practice skills and how to be a competent and effective
criminal defense attorney
. Many of the attorneys Jennifer has instructed
are now well respected criminal defense attorneys.

What are we missing? LOL

JMO and :moo:

I guess we'll find out on verdict day.
What is her win percentage? All the orating in the world doesn't much matter unless your skills win cases.....

Counsel, Travis' family and JA back in judge's chambers. I betya it's the misconduct hearing. Which means that LV will drone out the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl