trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
INFORMAL POLL!

When will JM start his cross-examination of ALV?

1. today

2. Monday

3. May 6th

4. He won't as he'll be retired with his gold watch by the time JW is finished smearing Travis Alexander.

:seeya:

1, 4. 6. 13, 17-----which jurors are these? And what was Nurmi calling them out about?

That may well be, but didn't a good deal of jury questions tend to come in during cross? It could also be that no one wants to question this third repetition - I wouldn't.

Yeah, you could be right.

INFORMAL POLL!

1. today

2. Monday

3. May 6th

4. He won't as he'll be retired with his gold watch by the time JW is finished smearing Travis Alexander.

I am going to be optimistic and choose 2. :please:

You might want to avoid that topic. I refer you to Nurse's post on page one of this thread. (just don't want to see you in time out again) :jail:

1, 4. 6. 13, 17-----which jurors are these? And what was Nurmi calling them out about?

1- Church Lady
4- Grandpa
6- Nancy
13- The Wrestler
!7- Pony Tail

Court observers' notes from the other thread

Jurors

1.Church Lady- Mid 50's, short hair, no make-up, glasses.
This lady looks absolutely disgusted the whole time. I never once saw her look in the direction of JA. Not ONCE. She either stares straight forward or looks at JM.

2.Trump-Guy in 40's, lots of hair, car salesman look.
I called this guy "Comb Over" he had his head resting on his hand almost the whole time. He also never looks at JA. He seemed to be paying attention, but also seemed bored.

3.Housewife-She is a big lady (tall and heavy set, not obese) with a very sweet face, no make-up.
Interesting different view today. I called her the "Angry Neighbor Lady" Lol. I wrote that she follows along, but has a constant "sour puss". I don't know if it's just "her look" or what, but she seemed to be frowning every time I looked at her.

4.Grandpa-Bald, sweet faced older man that looks like my grandpa.
I also named this man Grandpa. He does have a sweet face and seems the "calm" type.

5.Tricolor-Early 30's, short, stylish haircut with three colors, reminds me of one of my hairstylists.
This is the only one I remembered Anita's name for because her hair stood out, Lol. She reminded me of my best friend. She probably gave more facial expressions than any of the others. She is very engaged and took a fair amount of notes.

6.Nancy-Lady in her 50's, lovely face, reminds me of Nancy Reagan with glasses, short sassy haircut.
I called her Spikey Hair. Anita's description is better. She was the only one I saw look at Jodi when the jury first walked in. She took a lot of notes.

7.Paul Rudd-Younger guy, mid-late 20's with spiky hair, sweat jacket, looks like the actor Paul Rudd.
He does look like Paul Rudd, but with shorter hair. He's a good looking young man.

8.The CEO-Good looking man, mid 50's with goatee. Can see him being the jury foreman.
I called this guy "The Dad". He looks nothing like my dad, Lol, but for whatever reason... I got a fatherly feel from him.

9.Willy-Old hippy with long white ponytail, thin, small build.
This guy looked PIZZED the whole time. He seemed to be staring towards the media lady or just into the corner. I only saw him look at JM or JA maybe once.

10.Barb-Female, 40's, has the "sexy librarian" look, wearing a form fitting sweater, slender build and voluptuous. If ANYONE on the jury is offended by disparaging comments regarding breast augmentation, my guess is it would be her. She is the only juror I couldn't see very clearly; just when she entered and exited the courtroom and when I stretched up out of my seat to gawk at her.
I called this lady "Plain Jane" She was very hard to see from where I was, but I could tell she was taking notes quite a bit.

11.Poquito-Little Mexican guy (maybe 5'3) with long graduated pony tail, lots of facial hair and piercings.
I called him "Paco" He was hard to see too, but mostly because he was slouched down in his seat I thought he'd fall off Lol. At one point he was bent over instead of slouching, but still very hard to see.

12.Neil-Early 50's high forehead, glasses, looks very nervous and turns red easily. This is the guy that makes KCL nervous.
I called this guy "Jim" I wrote "very hard to read".

13.The Wrestler-Younger good looking guy, large build.
I called this guy "The Jock" He reminded me a little of Oz on American Pie (Chris Klein).

14.Old potsmoking CPA (I have no idea why I wrote this, i have ZERO recollection of this juror. He did not make any impression on me, other than when I was going down the rows naming them.)
I called this guy Sleepy. He swiveled in his chair a lot and fell asleep at least twice. He was also slouched down in his chair.

15.Elderly Man-This man is definitely the oldest juror, he occasionally uses the headphones to listen to the proceedings that Jodie's Auntie uses.
I called him "Captain" He has a very intense gaze. It's hard to describe but he gives off a stubborn and no bs vibe. Maybe ex military or something?

16.Maureen-Red haired, glasses (the red might be too red to be a natural ginger) If I had to guess one Mormon on the jury, it would be her.
I called her The Secretary. She took a lot of notes and had a "polished" look to her. She had her whole body turned facing Jodi. I barely saw her look at JM. She was the only one that really made me feel nervous at all.

17.Pony Tail-Young girl, pony tail, plain, pony tail and sweats.
I called her frumpy lady. Not in a rude way... it's just the word that came to mind. Very plain. She took a lot of notes.

18.The Artist-Bald, attractive, glasses, 50's-60's, large build, holds his notebook on a binder as if he's going to sketch. He looks around the gallery a lot. I thought we met eyes a couple of times, but who knows, that room is so huge!
This guy also had a very intense gaze. He took some notes. He rubbed his face and tapped his fingers to his lips a lot. He wasn't the only one doing stuff like that, but I'll get into that in my notes.

Whoa.

Nurmi in his move for sequestration basically called each and every juror a liar and a cheat!

"A fairytale to believe the jury is not seeing this."

Just because he, his defendant and many of his witnesses hold themselves to a lower standard does not mean this type of behavior applies to all.

Man, if I were a juror, I would be pizzed when I found out about it after the trial.

INFORMAL POLL!

1. today

2. Monday

3. May 6th

Monday is my guess.

I did learn to mute the trial and just read here. I was getting pizzed at ALV being able to spout her view of Travis and what he was thinking and feeeeling.

re the sequestration of the Jury Nurmi said " "The court asks the question of the jurors every morning, 'Have you seen anything on the media?' No one raises their hand... To believe that to be true is to believe an absolute fiction. It is a fairytale to assume that this jury is not hearing any of this. It is all over the news, be it local or national," Nurmi said.

Clearly angry, Nurmi added, "It is a fiction that is beyond belief." "

Kinda like your clients story, lol

Hi All...

I was doing yard work missed switchin on HLN & the Motion to Sequester didn't mean to confuse myself & everyone else on last thread! Doh!

I've been half listening to HLN but I just got to say......
BOMBSHELL FOR ME...
JA "journal entry" that TA is having hard time with $$ & wanted to put a gun to his head....
I CALL BIG OLE' BULLCHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that said & was like Wth??

I'm on Team JA FABRICATED her journal (she had 6 weeks to work on it folks) when it hit me..
She was 'journalying' to have doubt she brought gun that it was his gun he bought to commit suicide!!!

Furthermore I think JA 'projects' her issues, thoughts, feelings & situations onto TA.. Today it's all about his being broke draining her bank accounts telling her to balance her bank book etc etc
SA said on tapes JA was broke about to file bankruptcy why they wanted to get her home..

I think JA trying to get $$ from TA I think he told her he didn't have $$ didn't balance check book forgot withdrawls so he couldn't LOAN JA $$ (prolly when she broke into his bank acct too!)

Even if he was broke.. so what.. It was 2008 almost everyone was broke, upside down in their mortgages, both the stock market & the economy was heading for a crash! You were lucky to have your job by the end of 2008

JMO

Does anyone know if she is allowed as a convicted felon to visit inmates in jail? Aren't there any rules in AZ? :floorlaugh:

"Q. How can I visit an inmate?
A. Make sure the inmate is still in jail and where they are located by calling the inmate information line at 602-876-0322. Visitors can not be convicted felons, can not have been jailed in the last 12 months, and can not be illegal aliens. Additional guidelines for visitors can be found here."

http://www.jailbase.com/en/sources/az-mcso/

Jurors who the media may have taken pictures of this morning on arrival to the courthouse (so says Nurmi).

So what is the chance that Donovan is visiting Jodi in jail and passing on how ALV should answer questions?!

Probably Ann Campbell. Jodi was using Ann to get illegal messages out of jail to Matt. Jail personnel caught that though.

More:
http://www.classichitsandoldies.com...-believes-she-should-be-punished-friends-say/

The two Phoenix women say they have been supporting Arias since 2008 when she first arrived at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix. Bering got to know Arias well while incarcerated on an accessory to arson charge. She asked her friend Campbell to visit Arias, too, because Arias’ family was out of state.

Campbell said, “We hit it off right away. She’s very nice and funny. And really articulate.”

Their growing friendship continued after Bering was released from jail. Now, they say, they speak to Arias by phone daily and visit often.

The only saving grace today was that Wilmott did not want to go step by step through the phone sex recording.

Don't count your chickens ... that COULD still happen ... OMG :please: Nooooo!

Woo hoo, new thread!

Just wondering if there is ANY possible way that someone can tell the judge or anyone in a position of authority in the courtroom about this Donovan person's behavior??

All the staring at the jurors by her and JA and her supporters make me wonder if they are trying to intimidate the jurors. What if they are following them or even worse, threaten them?

I was thinking the same thing. how would one get an email to someone and let the court know about this. this is serious IMO

INFORMAL POLL!

1. today

2. Monday

3. May 6th

1!!

positive thinking.....:great::great::rocker:

Was it something about them having their photos took? IDK for sure. What is quite obvious is that the DT wants to use dirty tactics for their dirty client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member