trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two for Monday, 1 for today. Monday wins out. Won't be surprised to see the websleuth server short out when JM finally gets to begin his cross-examination.

:facepalm:

I can only hope that as ALV is testifying to the murder, she screws up and says something that Jodi has lied about.

:please:

JM has the patience of Job! I would lose my mind if I had to sit there and act nice while all of this BS was flowing out from ALV's and JW's lips! Oh, and is it just me or does Jodi look extra greasy today?

I don't know how to bring a post over from the last thread, so I am going to ask here.

In other trials, writings by a deceased person are not usually allowed in. On a few occasions when writings by the deceased have been allowed and a conviction has been won, the conviction has been overturned on appeal.

How is it that Travis' journals can be used in this trial and by this "expert?"

We all know that if those journals contained anything derogatory about Jodi, Juan would NOT have been allowed to question anybody about them whatsoever.

Specifically, had Travis written about Jodi slashing his tires, breaking into his house, stalking him., etc., OR made any reference regarding anything happening to him then Jodi did it...those statements would be considered prejudicial.

I'm confused...help!

My understanding of the issue is this: Martinez wanted to bring Travis' journals into trial yet failed at doing so.

Because the defense is now bringing Travis' journals in, it opens the door for Martinez to bring them in on cross.

In a nutshell: it's a good thing!

MOO - My Own Understanding - please correct if I'm wrong!

Verified Juanette

1, 4. 6. 13, 17-----which jurors are these? And what was Nurmi calling them out about?
_

Bringing this over from the other thread. He said that as they were exiting the juror bus, HLN cameras were videotaping them. I think he's trying to make the argument that it compromises them somehow.

Why is HLN videotaping the jurors? :what:

I think JA is thrilled about her journals being released - she thinks she writes great prose and that they explain why she was justified; she's pissed about her parents' interrogations being released.
MOO

YUP! I think she worked very hard fabricating them while she was acting as her own attorney. Also did you see her jailhouse behavior demerits or whatever they're called on HLN? She was constantly hoarding pens--two in a shampoo bottle. She needed pens for the journals.

I don't want to hear any TH talking about how "smart" JA is. She's cunning and deceitful--but all of her little schemes--the gas cans, the pens, the journals, etc. are all easily found out. She ain't *that* smart.

Probably Ann Campbell. Jodi was using Ann to get illegal messages out of jail to Matt. Jail personnel caught that though.

More:
http://www.classichitsandoldies.com...-believes-she-should-be-punished-friends-say/

The two Phoenix women say they have been supporting Arias since 2008 when she first arrived at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix. Bering got to know Arias well while incarcerated on an accessory to arson charge. She asked her friend Campbell to visit Arias, too, because Arias’ family was out of state.

Campbell said, “We hit it off right away. She’s very nice and funny. And really articulate.”

Their growing friendship continued after Bering was released from jail. Now, they say, they speak to Arias by phone daily and visit often.

Ugh...can anything be more disgusting?

I took notes as I watched ALV this morning & here are my thoughts:

Travis was done with Jodi and he was, according to friends, ecstatic when she finally moved to Yreka

She pretends this is all her idea, an attempt to separate herself from Travis, an attempt to live her own life with other men.

She is absolutely terrified when Travis does not care. Since we learned today that “anger and rage are secondary emotions,” Jodi is not a happy camper.

She makes several silly attempts to make Travis jealous by pulling a Jan Brady and inventing her own series of “George Glass” men. He only gets annoyed that she is playing games and lying and harassing him. (Does ALV think it’s not abusive to constantly rub other men in Travis’ face? If Travis was doing the exact thing to Jodi, we would hear how abusive it was. It’s a clear double standard.)

The month of May was a month of pure hatred, jealousy and rage for Jodi Arias.

This was the month that the plan to butcher Travis formed into action.
She made the sex tape on May 10th—to blackmail Travis. I don’t know if she busted that out on June 4th, and when he said NO, she killed him, or if that never played a part in the murder.

Jodi felt overwhelming fear, and that fueled her rage. I think Jodi thought the actual murder was satisfying, and I think she was gleeful while inflicting pain on Travis.

all MOO

I agree. Glad to see you are back!

Isn't Donovan(sp) the one who spewed to the media about poor, precious Jodikins not getting treated nicely at the jail? Up too early, not enough food, etc.??

:newhere: :seeya:
Please forgive me if this question has already been addressed, but...
Have JA's jail-cooked journal entries been deemed truthful and admissible as valid evidence in this case? Who (if anyone) is validating these entries? :banghead: TIA!

INFORMAL POLL!

When will JM start his cross-examination of ALV?

1. today

2. Monday

3. May 6th

4. He won't as he'll be retired with his gold watch by the time JW is finished smearing Travis Alexander.

:seeya:

I vote Monday

I've been sleeping a few hours here and few hours there. I can't seem to put together several hours at a time. So please do me favor, someone. PM me if there is anything interesting in the PM session so I can watch it on Youtube. Don't tell me what it is, just whether or not it would be worth my time. TIA

:offtobed:

Hope you get some rest!
tumblr_inline_mk2tl4a1ep1qz4rgp.gif

This is how I feel about the PM session...:twocents:

I think JA is thrilled about her journals being released - she thinks she writes great prose and that they explain why she was justified; she's pissed about her parents' interrogations being released.
MOO

Personally, I feel her smile was because she had already decided to kill Travis and part of her plans included making her journal part of her defense. She wrote things that made her look innocent and without a reason in the world to kill him. She made sure that police would have them and they wouldn't suspect her.
"Please don't read my journals that are hidden in my safe." She couldn't have been more obvious if she drawn a map for their location.

Why is HLN videotaping the jurors? :what:

IF they are hopefully to prove NO ONE is approaching them when
coming and going!
In a CYA kind of proactive to their defense sort of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member