trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have missed a lot of the discussion about this but anyway does anyone believe that JA wrote most of these journal entries between the time she killed Travis and before she was arrested? And she just dated them as if they were written before?

The reason I ask is she sure did seem to want Flores to look at her diary since she mentioned them to him during the interrogations.

tia

I absolutely believe it. I am catching up on the interrogation vids and she many times mentions the journals. I have all along believed she wrote these for the purpose of being seen by others. Nobody who writes a personal journal writes like that and leaves out selective stuff. She was writing to an audience (not just releasing her thoughts of the day)!

I was just on the phone with my mom and said, "I wish they'd get this witness off the stand, she's so boring," and my dear, sweet little 70 year-old Southern mother said, "Not only that, she's ugly."

She sure is. Sooner or later what is inside shows on the outside. A good and kind spirit makes one beautiful.

Hello From Tennessee~

I have been watching from the sidelines for a long time now, but decided to say something now that I have seen the tapes from JA's parents and watching HLN After Dark last night, whether JA was abused by her parents.

How erie it was to see, listen and think back on my childhood.

I vaguely remember the first lie I told, and got my behind busted, with a belt, and had welts at the top backside of my thighs because I could not stand still.. Did my parents abuse me, umm not in my opinion. Discipline passed down through generations.
As I started getting older, I remember a paddle with a cute little saying " for bare little behinds" that hung on a wall. Yes I experienced it once or twice..
And I continued to lie.
Teenager and having my room searched because now I could not be trusted because of all the lies I told and now smoking pot.
Then a few things happened, Big moves to other states and such, hanging out with "rough" crowds, lying even more...then I was taken to a "Mental Health" Expert and they told my parents I was going to do what I wanted to do.

Then, trying to get away from them, I married the first person I came upon that was so good looking, turned out to be an abuser. If I had paid attention, I would have seen the signs. Now I know not everyone's story is going to be the same and some abusers are really good at the torment..
But no way, do I believe that JA was abused, I have a feeling it was the other way around and that Travis, was on the receiving end.
I see JA as an imprinter, as one that, takes in information and files it away to suit her when needed. The things she has said, even telling her story to 48 hours that was so striking similar to the story that Travis was telling his friends about being robbed, with JA laying right there in his lap.
I see many similar actions to my story, as I was stalked. Being in hiding and coming home to find his bags with roses outside my door. Then the very last violent event, in form of a
stabbing on my sidewalk on a friend of mine. I moved completely out of state until he died in a car wreck.
I so think JA really thought she had it all planned out. She knew exactly what she was doing and how she was going to do it.

This defense expert on the stand is really really making me a bit angry. I cannot wait for JM to get his turn with ALV.

BTW did anyone see the artwork JA did on HLN last night? I sure would like to seem them up close, does anyone have them? Wondering what one my really see in them.
Sure hope that we get to see Travis' Journals.

Welcome from Ky!!

She is clearly inexperienced and fumbling in her free-throws before the big crowd at the Rose Bowl of Legal Land. Plenty of unforced errors.

Imagine all the experienced attorneys they had to go through to find one which would take this case. Defend the new Most Hated Woman in America.

Just look at the body language between her and Nurmi. They remind me of two people in a life raft with a shark (Arias) circling the raft hoping they make a mistake.

When she exhales I can almost see her forming the words "ineffective counsel"

Hat Trick!! :cheers:

re the sequestration of the Jury Nurmi said " "The court asks the question of the jurors every morning, 'Have you seen anything on the media?' No one raises their hand... To believe that to be true is to believe an absolute fiction. It is a fairytale to assume that this jury is not hearing any of this. It is all over the news, be it local or national," Nurmi said.

Clearly angry, Nurmi added, "It is a fiction that is beyond belief." "

Kinda like your clients story, lol

Sorry but this would piss me off royally if I were a juror. His
Client is a proven liar and he is basically calling the jurors liars?
As we say down here in the south .....
OH HELL NO !!!

Was it something about them having their photos took? IDK for sure. What is quite obvious is that the DT wants to use dirty tactics for their dirty client.

Exactly, the defense is doing things themselves and are trying to create a catch 22 situation where the end result is a mistrial of some sorts or a valid appeal in the future.

The key point is the defense is causing the situations by the motions they file, etc. and then is going to turn around and try to use something they started as a reason for the mistrial or appeal. Like, if they can get enough jurors kicked off, then there is too few to continue, thus mistrial.

This is why it is so critical that the judge does a good job and not allow jurors to be thrown off unless it is a totally valid argument with absolutely no other alternative. Just because defense doesnt like something, does not mean it is a valid argument, and it also does not mean there is no other alternative like striking from the record, etc.

Also- Warning:
IMO the defense definitely is crawling all over the Web and trying to find ideas for a mistrial.

Just yesterday, there was web talk of sequestering this jury. Now today, Nurmi is wanting a sequestered jury.

We have not seen the last of the tricks from the defense, so this judge needs to make sure she makes the right decisions and if she needs to get help , then she needs to call her own break and get some advice from another judge. This is getting serious IMO.

Well so far I've not heard her plug her book on the stand like Dr Dick..

Still think WE need to ask for refund & bill him for National Advertising time ;)

Yes AVL plugged her new book the first day on the stand.

@VinniePolitan the defense seems so unorganized every other minute its "and um...(awkward pause) so then..." #jodiarias

I have missed a lot of the discussion about this but anyway does anyone believe that JA wrote most of these journal entries between the time she killed Travis and before she was arrested? And she just dated them as if they were written before?

The reason I ask is she sure did seem to want Flores to look at her diary since she mentioned them to him during the interrogations.

tia

With the first few posts suggesting this, I thought it was a far fetched idea. I have changed my mind on this one now, especially with the 2/1/8 entry where Travis wanted to buy a gun and put it to his head and seeing more of the sex stuff in a "good Mormon's" writing for posterity. So, yup, I'm leaning towards fabricated.

BTW, ALV did testify that early February was one of those good periods, where things were going well, TA was asking favors, he's gracious, etc. but no mention of the darker side of this email.

Daresay Mr. Martinez will suggest this as well.

How in the DOUBLE HE DOUBLE LL does ALV know if Travis was a virgin or not?????? :furious:
Evidently, there were writings between Travis and Jodi and he compared her skillz in bed to two other women he'd previously been with. You know, to make her feel better about herself. ALV said that, at that point, Jodi had "low self-esteem." GMAFB

Jurors who the media may have taken pictures of this morning on arrival to the courthouse (so says Nurmi).
IF this is truly going on, it needs to stop. Sheriff Joe has enough volunteer posse people to surround that courthouse 4 times over.

Trust me, it is not worth it.

You can also be disbarred, meaning booted from the site, not worth it. PM a pal if you really need to vent, just don't be abusive, remember it will be in electronic media and may be subject to discovery :what:

anagrammy, I just have to say I LOVE your posts! The one I read yesterday about why this killer NEEDS the DP was spot on.

I 2nd that Rosemary!

anagrammy:

I started to respond to one of your posts a few min ago but the thread closed. I value all of your comments here.

Thank you. :clap:

The jurors are church lady, grandpa, nancy, wrestler, and ponytail that nurmi called out. Don't know if it was answered

Just watched KN's temper tantrum about the jury. And has he been taking lessons from JVM and DD with his loud talk and emphatic gestures? I think Juan's right, Kurt has been watching to much HLN.

perhaps if they stopped watching it their case would go smoother---be a bit more put together???? I don't know--they seem to drag on about nothing---:facepalm:

My daughter lives with her boyfriend and his
"Maw Maw"
She is 88 and has watched the trial EVERYDAY!
I just asked her what Maw Maw thought about AVL
I might not be able to post her response.

Let's see what she says!

Has Donovan (I feel stupid even using that name... it seems like a pseudonym) visited Jodi, or has it always been Donovan's bossum buddy Ann Campbell to whom Jodi passed the coded-message magazines? That might be the workaround for the rule barring felons.

Sorry puf, I don't have the answer to that, in fact I don't even know which one of those two is the convicted felon (or if both are?).

Can someone else answer puf's question please? TIA! :seeya:

Ohhh myyyy, home from work, still have a million things to do, turned on the TV and STILL THIS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd