trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@VinniePolitan the defense seems so unorganized every other minute its "and um...(awkward pause) so then..." #jodiarias

that's cause they are watching HLN to much....:floorlaugh:

So what are our predictions on whether or not Juan will get his chance today? And if so, what time is Wilmott going to shut up? My guess is 3:30 - 3:45 she'll finally hand it over to Juan, if at all.

Vegas odds say no sooner than Monday. The DT thinks they're going to leave the jury with something substantial. Crime of passion after all the abuse and mistreatment their poor defendant endured at the hands of big, bad, boorish, mean ol' TA.

Problem for them is that the construct is totally unbelievable. No evidence, no corroboration, no pictures, no hospital records, no photos, no police reports, not even a word in the journals, which were crafted (after the murder, imo) by a lying liar who lies.

One wee question from the jury so far. Enough said. :)

IF this is truly going on, it needs to stop. Sheriff Joe has enough volunteer posse people to surround that courthouse 4 times over.

Nope it is not, Nurmi just trying his normal stuff. Motion for what ever he can think of.

Hi All...

I was doing yard work missed switchin on HLN & the Motion to Sequester didn't mean to confuse myself & everyone else on last thread! Doh!

I've been half listening to HLN but I just got to say......
BOMBSHELL FOR ME...
JA "journal entry" that TA is having hard time with $$ & wanted to put a gun to his head....
I CALL BIG OLE' BULLCHIT!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that said & was like Wth??

I'm on Team JA FABRICATED her journal (she had 6 weeks to work on it folks) when it hit me..
She was 'journalying' to have doubt she brought gun that it was his gun he bought to commit suicide!!!

Furthermore I think JA 'projects' her issues, thoughts, feelings & situations onto TA.. Today it's all about his being broke draining her bank accounts telling her to balance her bank book etc etc
SA said on tapes JA was broke about to file bankruptcy why they wanted to get her home..

I think JA trying to get $$ from TA I think he told her he didn't have $$ didn't balance check book forgot withdrawls so he couldn't LOAN JA $$ (prolly when she broke into his bank acct too!)

Even if he was broke.. so what.. It was 2008 almost everyone was broke, upside down in their mortgages, both the stock market & the economy was heading for a crash! You were lucky to have your job by the end of 2008

JMO

If in fact Travis said he wanted to put a gun to his head....it was only because JA was driving him to kill himself! Psychopaths often have that effect on their victims. JA is such a cunning psychopath, she would never reveal the real Jodi Arias on the written page. It has nothing to do with 'the laws of attraction' - she covers her tracks with deception.

I personally fill that the Jurors should be brought in through a door that no camera's are allowed to be around, that will stop any kind of "thoughts" of something being misconstrued.

Geez - lost my long post on the last CLOSED thread. grrr
Shorter and sweeter:
ALV seems very unprofessional to me. I expected her to say, "In my professional opinion, Travis meets the signs of an abuser because..................... I have seen this in my 30 year career as a typical behavior of....blah blah blah.
Does she not realize the DT is simply using her to get the contents of these communications in?
IMO, this testimony will mortally wound her career - and she earned every stab.

Exactly, the defense is doing things themselves and are trying to create a catch 22 situation where the end result is a mistrial of some sorts or a valid appeal in the future.

The key point is the defense is causing the situations by the motions they file, etc. and then is going to turn around and try to use something they started as a reason for the mistrial or appeal. Like, if they can get enough jurors kicked off, then there is too few to continue, thus mistrial.

This is why it is so critical that the judge does a good job and not allow jurors to be thrown off unless it is a totally valid argument with absolutely no other alternative. Just because defense doesnt like something, does not mean it is a valid argument, and it also does not mean there is no other alternative like striking from the record, etc.

Also- Warning:
IMO the defense definitely is crawling all over the Web and trying to find ideas for a mistrial.

Just yesterday, there was web talk of sequestering this jury. Now today, Nurmi is wanting a sequestered jury.

We have not seen the last of the tricks from the defense, so this judge needs to make sure she makes the right decisions and if she needs to get help , then she needs to call her own break and get some advice from another judge. This is getting serious IMO.
Loose lips sink ships.

I absolutely believe it. I am catching up on the interrogation vids and she many times mentions the journals. I have all along believed she wrote these for the purpose of being seen by others. Nobody who writes a personal journal writes like that and leaves out selective stuff. She was writing to an audience (not just releasing her thoughts of the day)!

IIRC she was thinking of a story to tell on that drive thru the desert when the fog was just settling in for a spell...

IF this is truly going on, it needs to stop. Sheriff Joe has enough volunteer posse people to surround that courthouse 4 times over.

And he couldn't actually see what direction the cameras were facing (or if they were even on, he didn't mention that). Bah!

I absolutely believe it. I am catching up on the interrogation vids and she many times mentions the journals. I have all along believed she wrote these for the purpose of being seen by others. Nobody who writes a personal journal writes like that and leaves out selective stuff. She was writing to an audience (not just releasing her thoughts of the day)!

Yeah! And she even adds narcissistic fantasy stuff like....

(paraphrasing) "Four admirers asked me out for the weekend, which I found mildly amusing."

Yeah, right! She so totally wrote these journals for the trial and is so totally full of it!

Not only do I believe she rewrote history after the fact, I believe that once she decided to kill Travis she began to tailor what she was writing to make her look innocent and without a motive to kill him. Either that or she was out and out lying about not being jealous. She could feel that being jealous was the worst thing to admit so she lied even to herself about it. The law of attraction and all that.

She is clearly inexperienced and fumbling in her free-throws before the big crowd at the Rose Bowl of Legal Land. Plenty of unforced errors.

Imagine all the experienced attorneys they had to go through to find one which would take this case. Defend the new Most Hated Woman in America.

Just look at the body language between her and Nurmi. They remind me of two people in a life raft with a shark (Arias) circling the raft hoping they make a mistake.

When she exhales I can almost see her forming the words "ineffective counsel"

we've all said it many times. ja thinks she is smarter than everyone in the room. remember when she was correcting jm? i loved the way he came back at her. :moo:

I have to say I am really shocked by the animosity for ALV on these boards.

I know she is on the "other team", but for God's sake this woman has committed her life to helping people being domestically abused.

I will be curious to see who all of the sudden LOVES her when JM turns her into a witness for the prosecution, and he will....

Last night I "heard" on HLN that her mother visits her daily?

I don't see how that is possible though.
If her mother is visiting her she may be telling her about outside media.

Donovan is just the JA mistrial reconnaissance volunteer IMO

With the trial schedule, I don't see how visitors would be possible during the week, given hours of visitation.

The visitation schedule for all Arizona jails is subject to change; the Maricopa County Detention Facilities are no exception. In general, visits are allowed 6:30 am - 2:30 pm with check in no later than 1:30 pm for visitation. Each of the Maricopa Jails publish their visitation schedule via phone message. Prior to visiting an inmate, it is highly recommended that you call jail information to confirm the jail's visitation schedule.

Inmates are generally permitted 3 thirty-minute visits in a 7-day period. Visitors are limited to 2-3 visitors depending on the age of the third visitor.

FWIW, HLN is not the most reliable source. :floorlaugh:

http://maricopacounty.tallinibailbonds.com/maricopa_county_jail.html#inmate%20visitation

Geez - lost my long post on the last CLOSED thread. grrr
Shorter and sweeter:
ALV seems very unprofessional to me. I expected her to say, "In my professional opinion, Travis meets the signs of an abuser because..................... I have seen this in my 30 year career as a typical behavior of....blah blah blah.
Does she not realize the DT is simply using her to get the contents of these communications in?
IMO, this testimony will mortally wound her career - and she earned every stab.

The ONLY good thing about this JJ, is that the DT are opening A LOT of doors for Mr. Martinez to waltz through.

This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because...This is the trial that never enndssss, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started watching it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue watching it forever just because.......................................................................

I have to say I am really shocked by the animosity for ALV on these boards.

I know she is on the "other team", but for God's sake this woman has committed her life to helping people being domestically abused.

I will be curious to see who all of the sudden LOVES her when JM turns her into a witness for the prosecution, and he will....

I've been listening to ALV and wondering what Juan might see in her, how he can most effectively get her round to seeing the reality in this... situation.

Of course I don't know what he'll do - but it's kinda fun to puzzle.

:twocents:

I find it disturbing that ALV is almost delighted when she answers that Jodi is "getting a backbone" at some of the texting replies Jodi has with Travis considering in less than a month the man was brutally killed in his own home by Jodi. jmo

Had my heart broken today....as soon as I got home I clicked on the TV and saw JM at the lectern! OMG! I thought he was doing a cross of ALV! But nooooo.....it was coverage of the motion to sequester..... ::sigh::

Sorry if this has been brought up earlier....

When JA gets visitors at the jail, do they video and audio record those visits? We saw tons of those with CA... I would love to see JA when her Mom visits, or anyone else for that matter... anyone know what the procedure is for that in AZ?

And he couldn't actually see what direction the cameras were facing (or if they were even on, he didn't mention that). Bah!

I have seen KN for months now try to make something out of nothing. He has no clue if the media took the jurors photos and I don't think they did because Beth has said that they don't do that. Nurmi seems fixated on HLN.

The only reason he was cruising through there was hoping he could get his mug on tv which didn't happen either. I haven't seen any media footage of anyone going in and out of the courthouse. The one time that we saw Juan that was taken by a bystander and not the media.

And Nurmi calling the jurors liars was another desperate move again backed up with nada.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member