trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
batman.jpg

How the hell is Wilmott getting away with signalling LaViolette's answers? LaViolette always looks to her after JM asks a question, and Wilmott is nodding or shaking her head. And laViolette answers accordingly.

It's obvious! Why isn't the judge stoppping it.

To the Alexander family,

I am so sorry you have had to go through all of the lies and b.s. If I could trade places with you for one day, just to give you peace, I would.

Jury,
Please, please find justice for Travis.

I had to personally thank you for this. Exactly how I feel!!!!

I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again. If goodness forbid I ever needed the services of a prosecutor to be the voice of a loved one or even myself, I hope Juan Martinez is the man!

I said yesterday she would claim that JM was abusing her. Poor whittle lady. She sure didn't mind trashing TA. Now she is going toigt Juan. Careful lady. You don't want to go there.

OMG, my browser crashed but I got the feed back up in time for the fireworks.

She hates men!!!! She answers like Jodi. If you are so defensive you have something to hide.

I can't help but love this prosecutor. He is going to destroy her expertise. JUNK SCIENCE. Garbage in/ Garbage out.

Why can't any defense witness answer yes or no? It makes them seem deceptive - I mean, I know they are, but as witnesses, they should be able to answer a yes or no.

Why do all the defense witnesses think that JM is trying to trick them? If there testimony is solid, why would they think that?

I just wanted to throw something out there for those rightfully upset with ALV's testimony. With genuine experts there are 4 crucial things to look for;
1) Balance, 2) Evidence-based theory,3) Veracity, and 4) a WIN/WIN communication style. None of which are present with her (or Samuels either)

A) she paints a picture of Jodi that is unrealistic, do you notice that according to AVL Jodi is never on the wrong side of anything--has no human imperfections despite this alleged abuse, rejection, and character assassination. This testimony is very remiscent of Borderline PD in that Travis is a perfect monster and Jodi is a perfect victim--trust me when I tell you that it is NEVER that cut and dry in Diagnostic Evaluations.
B) She used anecdotal and historic biographical information to construct and support her suppositions and opinions, i.e., expert testimony (this is very common in SA and DV fields). Most professionals know and accept that the history of SA and DV's theoretical foundation, however, it is explained in a court of law how this field arrives at its theoretical approaches and acknowledges its evidence-based shortcomings. This is why the field is so excited about the future of addiction with the movement of Neurobiology of Addiction and brain research.
C) She is restating or regurgitating Jodi Arias' testimony--There is no acknowledged COLLATERAL interviews/information to support her testimony, in fact it appears that each of the DT experts chose to forego the ever critical collateral information that helps MH professionals to determine the veracity of the defendants self-reporting (particularly in light of an admitted history of lying). The MMPI would have been an appropriate instrument to measure the defendants truthfulness IMO.
D) She has no integrity or committment to the field of psychology--it is our responsibility to educate and evaluate without spin or bias. This is an exercise in destroying one person to elevate the status of another person. Hence she communicates not as a professional but as a hack in which someone has to win and someone has to lose, thus signifcantly harming the profession itself. This is the most repulsive part because for the sake of the win she has disrespected and harmed the both the Alexander and Arias' families, dehumanized Travis to the tune of a win, and she has allowed her gender bias to negatively impact the slow growing acceptance that women are abusers as well.

I know I rambled on this but my frustration is great, however, on the flip side I would hope that the Prosecution has a real expert with all of these qualities.

Hear, Hear!!

Looks like Donovan <modsnip> is looking down & texting, I thought only media were allowed to have phones/laptops on?

She is sneaking around all of JMs questions. She knows exactly what he is asking, she just isn't sure how to answer him and not put her foot in her mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214