trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that it for the defense witnesses now?

:bump:
thank you SHPI

She likes her some Snow White.. I must say (not saying it's bad, it's just what it is...)

Westwood, CA. ABIP Annual Conference. “My Family and Welcome to it: The Legacy of Domestic Violence”

Anaheim, CA. Orange County Domestic Violence Council’s Annual Conference. “Future-Shock: The Secondary Impact on Adults Raised in Abusive Families”

Las Vegas, NV. Safe nest’s Funders’ Luncheon. “Was Snow White a Battered Woman?”

Los Angeles, CA. ICAN Nexxus Conference. “Was Snow White a Battered Woman?”

San Diego, CA. IVAT International Conference. “Treatment Issues with Perpetrators of Intimate Partner Violence”; “Victims Becoming Victimizers?”

Long Beach, CA. ABIP: My Family and Welcome to it: The Legacy of Childhood in Abusive Families. “Snow White and Female Socialization”

Long Beach, CA. For the Child Circle of Friends Breakfast: “Snow White and the Wicked Witch: Healing Childhood Abuse”

San Jose, CA. California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists Annual Conference. “Snow White, Gender and Power”

I disagree about Juan making a mistake. And about her being likable....BUT I adore you and your intelligent posts and spot-on insights. I agree that ALV actually believes what she is saying. I just think its not at all relevent to this case in particular.

Moo. And much love to Gitana!

Nope, I say no mistake with Snow White. I think he's driving at her willingness to link her continuum to all manner of fictional scenarios -- and in particular, he is planning to get her to admit that Snow White is simply a fantasy, so obviously it would not be reasonable to base any diagnosis upon a fantasy.

Whoops. Door now wide open for next question regarding the clear fantasy JA told her and upon which she based her analysis. There is no corroboration for that story, and he will link the two as the same kind of fantasy.

I think he did the same thing when opening with the "Dumb Sister" strategy. He took worlds of flack from all the legal wonks on that one too, but it made perfect sense in the long run.

I, too, respect Gitana1. Just an honest difference of opinion. I agree with you on this one. And the grizzly.

:cow:

A woman named Jaslene Gonzalez was on NG earlier (America's Next Top Model) who was in an abusive relationship. At first I thought she was going to sympathize with Jodi but she said she sees the controlling behavior from Jodi and that Travis was abused. She said this because her abuser, when the violence began to escalate, was always constantly accusing her of cheating on him. She said when she saw Jodi doing this in her journal even when they weren't a couple, it rang a bell in her. Jodi constantly called him a cheater and was constantly calling him hysterical about this, but they were already broken up and she had given the impression that she, like him, was dating around and moved on.

That's real abuse. She wouldn't give him a moment's peace. She was accusing him of things that were unfair. She was snooping around his life. That's abuse.

Ah. But the problem is Jodi testified too. And she gave a different synopsis than Alyce did - especially in regards to how their relationship began. She still hasn't addressed controlling behaviors on Jodi's part. She didn't have the opportunity to interview Travis or anyone else that knew him, apart from his murderer. She's basing her entire opinion on what Jodi has said - who lies! - and emails, texts that are rife to circumspection if not outright manipulation.

For some people with personal experience with domestic violence there is a concise and very clear pattern that emerges. Such a pattern is glaringly obvious when one concedes Jodi moved to Mesa after their break up; slashed his tires, went through his phone and online accounts, stalked him and other boyfriends, confronted or intimidated prospective female rivals, and there aren't many abusers I've known of quite so free with lending their car, home, food, in addition to passing out their garage code and atm pin #. IME, they tend to be rather possessive of what they believe is theirs.

JMO and FWIW

I also have great respect for your posts and try to read all of them I can.

Regarding that list you gave, what kind of proof does the Jury have of any of that? I've heard an interview where she confronted a female friend of Travis in the bathroom, but did the Jury hear that? Plus, that now looks different to me now that I know TA was cheating on her, lying about it, and gaslighting her. That type of behavior can make you crazy. Going through phone and online accounts fits into the same category of trying to deal with someone who is cheating on you and lying about it. Again, has the Jury seen proof of that? I'm also not sure if stalking has been proven.

But, even so, all this now looks different to me in the light of their relationship and how he was treating her.

As far as interviewing TA, ALV has thousands of his own words in his most intimate and unguarded moments where he had no expectation of a third party listening in. She has been exposed to information that we have not.

IMO

This might be unpopular but I would like Mr Martinez to go right for the meat of the case, get right to the point, capture and keep the Juries attention with a line of questions along the line more direct as to

why she thinks Jodi was abused by Travis

does she think anything Jodi did was abusive to travis..

Does she think sneaking around the house peeking in is ok.

How about hiding in his closet when you have moved out already.

Breaking up with him (while living in Yreka) then moving back 3 miles from his home (and don't say he begged her to come back there is no evidence)

how can you say any person is abusive with no evidence but the only person left alive

and on and on.. I could have skipped all the Snow White.. we need to bring this thing home with some specific things and raw emotion about the fact the man is dead, i'm growing old here.

Don't rip on J#5. She's got a steel set and if you honestly think she said anything to any media - you need to wonder why you haven't seen anything yet. And you haven't.

I'm believing she was in an abusive relationship where she was on the receiving end and trying to extricate herself from it.

I'm still not sure what happened that day in the light of this or what can be proven about it. The trial's not over yet. But, JM has to get his act together or he's going to completely lose me. You can't bully the truth.

IMO

ALV is trying to control the cross. Whether or not you like the prosecutor when he is up you are to respect his office. When JW was up ALV pretty much controlled the testimony, which was informative, but she was the one controlling. Jodi has attacked Travis and led ALV to believe she is the true victim. Once ALV cooperates she will find she also has become a victim of JA, just the same as everyone else in this case. Jodi lied to her. ALV can't see it because she let herself become personally involved and it shows.....big time. The only way to make the cross easier with JM is to cooperate but ALV is having difficult giving up control. It's obvious. jmo

Just FYI, I'm totally in love with Mike Eiglarsh. Wowza.

Then you might want to get his name right - Mark. Otherwise, he may think you are thinking of someone else. :giggle:

I'm so upset about the laughter coming from the JA supporters today and that they are allowed to smirk, roll their eyes, etc. Poor TA's siblings have been admonished before to not show ANY emotion. Why is this allowed on the other side? IMO they should be thrown out of the courtroom! It just saddens me that TA's family has to listen to their brother being trashed on a daily basis and can show no emotion.

He is yummy and intelligent and he makes sense all day. I think I'm in love too... :D

Well get in line ladies cuz many of us have called dibs on that cutey patooty ages ago :great: I do like the fact that he is sensible and doesn't throw out remarks in support of a Defense Team simply because he is a Defense Atty. One of the few I actually have huge respect for.

in thread #121 Pufnstuf said:
I don't think that. I think that she's a psuedo-intellectual who has enjoyed her status as a professional, and that she has never been challenged on her quack opinions the way she is being challenged right now.

I immediately thought of how she would question an abusive man within her group therapy session. Get him to realize he even IS being hostile. Maybe he doesn't realize it. Find out if his anger, ostensibly toward her, is really toward someone else. Let's delve into this, shall we? Juan, were you b****t-fed as a child? Do I remind you of your mother?

Juan is NOT a patient or client of hers, and she needs to get that straight and adjust her own demeanor accordingly. Yeah, he's coming across as an *advertiser censored*****e in his current persona, but she does NOT have the power here; HE does. She needs to suck it up, move on and just answer the questions.

Every time I get heated at their ignorance, I remember the ignore function and I feel calm again. My ignore list is growing...:D

Plants/moles from the is innocent site are very easy to spot. The come with an agenda. No logic of course, but they never give up.

I can't see them. I don't know if that's good or bad...

I"m not sure what some are saying about JM and how he should cool it down a bit. JM is methodical with what he is doing, like a sports game..he goes left, he goes right, you don't know where he is going and then he scores the GOAL and it all makes sense. He has to throw the witness off their game so they don't know what to expect next like they do after rehearsing with the DT. Juan rocks:rocker:

I'm believing she was in an abusive relationship where she was on the receiving end and trying to extricate herself from it.

I'm still not sure what happened that day in the light of this or what can be proven about it. The trial's not over yet. But, JM has to get his act together or he's going to completely lose me. You can't bully the truth.

IMO

There is no witness to her being in an abusive relationship, actually just the opposite - that he warned others that JA was abusive, stalking, and well we have pictures of the end result.

I am interested in your assumption with ALL the evidence, and I have to ask if it pertains to this case, or a personal vendetta you have that made you come to this FALSE conclusion going by evidence?

The problem is with JM using this reference - is that the jurors cannot google, or have any means to get a clue to the whole reference. He doesn't need this. Arghhh, my first JM what the heck moment.

Believe me the jury is lost, other then knowing she had a seminar with Snow white/ or references to books using Snow White.

IMO
There was one really good point that Juan made about it and I think this was the main point he was trying to get across to the jury. I just dont think he needed to expand on it any further with a lot of the other questions. The main point was:

"So Miss ALV, based on your methods and your guide, you actually assess a ficticious character named Snow White as being abused, even though this character is in a fairy tale and you can never even speak with them.

And Isnt this exactly how you concluded that the victim Travis was an abuser even though he cannot speak for himself since the defendent stabbed him 29 times, slit his throat, and killed him"

So unprofessional, disrespectful, rude and gross...:sick:

"Mr. Martinez are you mad at me?"

:silly:

And then the laughter. Agree, totally out of place in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout