trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The laughing outbursts in the courtroom, the eating, the defense droning on and on and rehashing, just shows to me the judge is not in control of her courtroom. If Travis family acted that way, they would be thrown out.

So what do YOU say Judge Stephens? Time to get control of your courtroom?

Good morning all!:seeya: I could not believe this. I would have stopped everything and instructed the bailiff to take them out of court. They showed complete and utter disrespect of the court.

The gaudy jewelry woman on the Defense team couldn't stop smiling as ALV sparred with JM. Are they in their right minds? I'm seriously wondering if they have head issues. I don't care whether it's the prosecution or defense but there is nothing funny about a trial! That's the mistake Jeff Ashton made in the KC trial. He laughed at the absurdity of the Defense but the Defense had the last laugh.

Here we have Arias walking around, screwing her face at the jurors, shaking her head at JM, staring at those in the gallery,
Donovan making crazy facial expressions,
friends of ALV laughing/howling in court
Willmott giggling every two seconds, asking to approach every minute
the Defense expert questioning the prosecutor

What a sad state of affairs.

The gaudy jewelry woman on the Defense team couldn't stop smiling as ALV sparred with JM. Are they in their right minds? I'm seriously wondering if they have head issues. I don't care whether it's the prosecution or defense but there is nothing funny about a trial! That's the mistake Jeff Ashton made in the KC trial. He laughed at the absurdity of the Defense but the Defense had the last laugh.

Here we have Arias walking around, screwing her face at the jurors, shaking her head at JM, staring at those in the gallery,
Donovan making crazy facial expressions,
friends of ALV laughing/howling in court
Willmott giggling every two seconds, asking to approach every minute
the Defense expert questioning the prosecutor

What a sad state of affairs.

It's beginning to look like a 3 RING CIRCUS !!:twocents: :twocents:

IMHO, Juan needs to hold up an autopsy photo of Travis and ask "well did Snow White do THIS to an elf when she got mad at him?" that ought to shut her up. I think there's no way she's actually even seen the autopsy photos or she wouldn't be up there running her mouth with ridiculous analogies making herself a complete jackass. So, is this it for the defense's trotting out flakey "experts"? ..please no more! Where did they find people like Samuels and LaViolette?? DT Must have been busy turning over a lot of rocks.

brought over from the other thread...

Exactly though.. he should have the photo of TA nearly decapitated stuffed in the shower with 29 stab wounds up on the big jumbo tron screen the entire time he questions ALV about JA's "abuse"

Michelle Young too was never once hit - until the day her husband beat her and their unborn son to death. This is a subject I'm obviously rather passionate about and try really hard to explain to others both IRL and online. I didn't fully understand I was in an abusive relationship for five years simply because, where he threatened to hit me every time I did something 'wrong', he never actually did. Even after he pulled a gun on me while I was holding our baby daughter I didn't see 'abuse'. Five years in though, I confronted him and begged him to go to counseling. For months he pretended to be attending sessions offered by a local DV advocacy. I found out he was lying about that, confronted him on it, and he flew into such a violent rage I was certain I was going to die that day. It pushed me deeper into denial and depression that would last another 5 1/2 years. I didn't so much as even whisper the word abuse again while living with him.

I didn't know what psychological abuse looked like. I didn't understand why I couldn't be what he wanted me to be, no matter how hard I tried. I wasn't aware of terms like gaslighting and crazy-making. I couldn't make sense of why I was miserable and blamed myself for not being capable of happiness or even contentment. I certainly wasn't knowledgeable of telltale red flags both in my relationship and abuser that, had I known better, perhaps would've made me slow the progress of our relationship before I was ensnared. Yet, though I was never hit, my relationship very nearly totally destroyed me and certainly even nearly killed me. For all his threats to murder me, he might not have had to, because at the very end - at the zenith of an escalation of stalking, cyber-stalking, threats and intimidation - I was very close to committing suicide.

And while I've come a heckuva long way I still struggle with extreme anxiety, panic attacks, low self-esteem, memory loss, and a whole host of other 'gifts' that my abuser left me with. I get what you're saying, molly, trust me, I truly DO get it...but...

Verbal abuse just on its own doesn't define an abusive relationship in my opinion - it's very often, in fact almost always, a component within an abusive relationship though. People can be abusive and not be abusers. And that, I believe, is where LaViolette lets us all down. Her continuum is brilliant at helping to identify abusive behaviors themselves but doesn't go nearly far enough to explain the dynamics and psychology of abusive relationships. And her testimony to many well known markers is in direct conflict with Jodi's testimony.

Further, to willfully ignore bright neon signs of Jodi's behavior synonymous with many abusive personalities, while professing to be 'an advocate for all victims', is reprehensible in my opinion. As such I believe her bias is so skewed it leaves me personally skeptical how much true experience and understanding she really has obtained throughout her substantial career.

Thanks for this post, BritsKate.

ALV's testimony might have seemed a little more truthful if she didn't try to paint JA as so wholesome and innocent, being abused by Travis. It was utterly ridiculous! ALV could not admit that JA ever did anything wrong - except feel bad about herself - which she pretty much pinned on Travis. It was great that Juan asked ALV to list anything negative that JA ever said about herself, because ALV pretty much labelled JA a saint.

What's up with the eating in the courtroom? It seems every time the camera cuts to the gallery, someone (or two) is chomping on something. I thought no food, drink, and especially gum, was allowed in court.

I love your avatar! lol

If hell freezes over and she is aquitted, one of the first thing that going to be scrutinized as to reasons why is going to be this. In reality though I don't think it's going to matter, the girl is toast, everyone knows it yet we continue to play the game that we call a 'trial'. It would actually be beneficial if she didn't get the dp, as her endless appeals on death row would only further cost taxpayer money, with no guarantee that she would ever be executed.

How could she possibly be acquitted when she's confessed to shooting, stabbing and slashing his neck? Not being a smart aleck here, just truly wondering if this could happen. At the very worst case, is acquittal even possible?

Same here...the longer I am away from it the more clearly I see just how mentally abused I was and how I was programmed to believe that it was all my fault.Last time I looked at some of the journaling I did near the end I was just stunned that I ever allowed myself to be caught in that situation. I am in the camp that Jodi was the abuser for sure..:twocents:

I myself got myself into a verbally abusive dating relationship a decade ago. I used to be one of those that said, "Why the heck doesn't she just leave?" Then I saw how easily it happens.

At first, they are so dang charming that you think you've finally found a gold mine.

Then when the new wears off, they start slipping stuff in...a little bit at a time...that starts their controlling behavior.

After a year or so, I found myself hiding new clothes I purchased because I didn't want him to see them, turning off the water while I brushed my teeth because he said it wasted water even though I was paying all my own bills, and being told "You are really something else..." when I bought a bag of ice for his 14 yr old daughter's birthday sleepover that he said we didn't need.

By the end of the second year, I was a mess. Had to have the police present when he came to pick up his stuff because my mother was afraid he would "accidentally" knock me down the stairs.

So..it does happen to those of us who think they would never get ourselves into it...even in dating. Who's fault was it? Mine, for letting it go on.

Regarding juror #5.

AFAIK (and please correct me if this is wrong), juror #5 could be on either side. If she's pro-defense, is it possible the DT asked her to be in court so they could again try for a mistrial?

I'd bet my paycheck she's pro-prosecution.

ALV's testimony might have seemed a little more truthful if she didn't try to paint JA as so wholesome and innocent, being abused by Travis. It was utterly ridiculous! ALV could not admit that JA ever did anything wrong - except feel bad about herself - which she pretty much pinned on Travis. It was great that Juan asked ALV to list anything negative that JA ever said about herself, because ALV pretty much labelled JA a saint.

ALV looked downright incompetent when she ummm'd around that question. Being depressed does not = being self-critical. Depression is not a fault! It's an illness! Feeling bad does not = being self-critical. She felt like a victim. It was her parents' and Travis' fault she felt she had low self-esteem and felt lousy.

Arias was not self-critical. She loved/loves herself.

The laughing outbursts in the courtroom, the eating, the defense droning on and on and rehashing, just shows to me the judge is not in control of her courtroom. If Travis family acted that way, they would be thrown out.

So what do YOU say Judge Stephens? Time to get control of your courtroom?

She gave that responsibility to the Defense several weeks ago.

Jodi and Team run that courtroom most of the time.

To be fair, the judge has ruled against the mistrial motions to date, and has refused to allow in the forged pedophilia letters. But most hearsay is apparently welcome in her court, so long as it paints Travis as the Defense desires.

The evidence and facts in this case overwhelmingly show JA's total dishonesty, guilt, and premeditation beyond any doubt, let alone a reasonable one.

But with the hearsay and ridiculous fabrications, guesses, and assumptions (as the 'experts' themselves admit to doing) Judge Sherry is ensuring that the field is leveled up for Jodi.

All in all, quite a train-wreck.

I myself got myself into a verbally abusive dating relationship a decade ago. I used to be one of those that said, "Why the heck doesn't she just leave?" Then I saw how easily it happens.

At first, they are so dang charming that you think you've finally found a gold mine.

Then when the new wears off, they start slipping stuff in...a little bit at a time...that starts their controlling behavior.

After a year or so, I found myself hiding new clothes I purchased because I didn't want him to see them, turning off the water while I brushed my teeth because he said it wasted water even though I was paying all my own bills, and being told "You are really something else..." when I bought a bag of ice for his 14 yr old daughter's birthday sleepover that he said we didn't need.

By the end of the second year, I was a mess. Had to have the police present when he came to pick up his stuff because my mother was afraid he would "accidentally" knock me down the stairs.

So..it does happen to those of us who think they would never get ourselves into it...even in dating. Who's fault was it? Mine, for letting it go on.

*hug some of what you said rings so true with me.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I'd bet my paycheck she's pro-prosecution.

Me, too. If the DT had any clue she were on their side, you can bet she would still be occupying her chair in the juror box. She's a true crime fan so I'm sure she's seen enough coverage of trials to know what's what and probably knows "experts" testify for almost all defendants in murder trials and knows you can get any of them to say anything if you pay them enough. :twocents:

Shades of my own life...Glad to see you are a fellow survivor !

This is exactly what is going on. ALV even came flat out and said, "I don't know where you're going," in response to JM asking her why she was having trouble answering questions. I wish he had said, "You don't need to know. If you're testifying to the truth, it won't change your answer."

Jodi had the same problem but I understood her motive for evasion. With ALV it makes her look just horrible as a professional.

LOL

At first I didn't know where Juan was going either but I have to admit that all of this is part of Juan's plan. I love his style...

While watching him cross examine ALV, my friend was like "why the hell are we listening to a story about Snow White?"

IMO, Juan was trying to prove that ALV could even take a "fairytale" and swing it into domestic abuse.....just like she was able to take Jodi's lies and swing them into abuse. IMO, his implications knocked ALV foundation right from up under her.....silly silly girl. :great:

BBM

St. Jodi of Arias™, Fognesiac™ and Wielder of Strawberry Frappuccini, to be precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member