trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few occasions when Juan was up and said something that pssd JA off. She speaks words. Did anyone catch that? Does anyone here that can read lips know what she said?

Does anyone know what ALV said to Samantha? I can't believe she actually did that.

No but on the thread for insiders KCL asked Samantha afterwards if she was ok and her response was yes, Juan is taking care of it.
What she did was illegal. Expert witness indeed. :furious:

Yes but more important you need to be a people person. The business of prosecuting is all about people and a successful prosecutor must be able to communicate effectively with individuals from all walks of life, witnesses, victims, defendants and law enforcement.
JM seems to get the information he wants but it's always a struggle with his unique style.

The business of prosecuting is all about winning cases and putting away the bad guys. If Mr. Martinez's interrogation style is what helps him win cases then great.

The diaries irritate me. A bunch of fantasy babbling from a liar. I can't believe they are taking up this much trial time and experts are even reading them. Then acting like they're real.

What gets me is, not only is ALV sure that those diary entries (not "articles" for !@#$'s sake) are real, but she seems to think it is abuse for Jodi to not be able to pour her heart and soul out. I mean, really, is it some God given right to have a diary? But if Travis won't let JA write about the bad stuff, he's being cruel. Why am I always getting the feeling I'm being dragged back to middle school?

The diaries irritate me. A bunch of fantasy babbling from a liar. I can't believe they are taking up this much trial time and experts are even reading them. Then acting like they're real.

Juan isn't acting like they're real. That's the point of the whole "snow white diagnosis" line of questioning. He's going to equate labeling someone battered on the basis of information gathered from a fairy tale (snow white) with labeling someone battered on the basis of their very own fairy tale (JA)

[video=youtube;FU3zlhqVZqE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU3zlhqVZqE[/video]

Watch ALV being cross-examined. Her eyes dart over to JW several times. In fact, at 34:17 JW shakes her head "yes".

ALV is being coached while she's testifying, no doubt about it.

Popeye_165.jpg

I went back and watched the part where ALV is talking about the long, long instant message that TA sent JA. Have we seen or heard that message before? I would dearly love to know what prompted that. It's got to be a huge part of Jodi's motivation for killing him.

I think she is trying to figure out how to get out with a bazillion press coming at her. Perhaps she should have thought this through.

nx3c4.jpg

2yydqvn.jpg

14ln0vs.jpg

I don't think she's worried about the press. Our own court insiders have said they were on elevators and in hallways with jurors. She is waiting until they are gone gone gone before leaving. That way Nurmi can't say she had contact with them. That is what I immediately thought when someone said she stayed. I would stay in there too with witnesses to say I wasn't walking out with the jurors or in the parking lot with them.

ALV was dishonest saying it was just a catchy title. She actually has an entire theory based around it called the Snow White to Wicked Witch conversion theory. I kid you not. Apparently it's a struggle for abused women who she compares to Snow White (because we all identify with her), to adapt their thinking to that of a stronger, more assertive character like the wicked witch.
She's been giving versions of this same schtik for years.

Perhaps ALV never had a Barbie to play with. Barbie may not be the best role model to encourage little girls to adopt healthy body images but dang, Barbie had no glass ceilings or power differentials to worry about. She was a Doctor, an Athlete, a Teacher, a Lawyer, a Mother etc. Snow white? She dates herself badly with that analogy IMO.

Good Lord! That is insane! I can't wait for JM to get her on this! For some reason I want to hear him say 'wicked witch' in his usual fiery way. We'll know who he has in mind! I can think of one or two....

I don't think she's worried about the press. Our own court insiders have said they were on elevators and in hallways with jurors. She is waiting until they are gone gone gone before leaving. That way Nurmi can't say she had contact with them. That is what I immediately thought when someone said she stayed. I would stay in there too with witnesses to say I wasn't walking out with the jurors or in the parking lot with them.

Who is that woman in orange handing a piece of paper to juror 5?

And who is that other woman squatting to talk with her??

We all know that, in general, sometimes the state gets it wrong, but I am staunchly on the side of the prosecution, in general. I just think it's funny how we, in general, like to debase the defense team (Nurmi, Baez, Geragos, etc.), YET...

... if any one of us would ever find ourselves on the wrong side of the law - in small infractions or, heaven forbid, in a murder charge - either rightly or wrongly accused, each one of us would be looking for the best defense attorney we could afford. I think we would even be willing to look the other way if the reason for their success included unsavory, underhanded, sneaky, creepy, crawly or ooogy tactics. :twocents: Just sayin'. I think it's a funny piece of human nature.

I don't think she was worried about them either, in fact it looks like she did not have much faith in them being able to find her so she showed up to ensure that would not be a problem and then get offers from the highest bidder,,,,ie notes in court.

MOO

I agree! Go back and watch Lisa Andrews (Diadonie) testimony. She answers each question succinctly. She says yes, no, or "I did say (write) that" without argument or evasion. Very easy to answer when you aren't testifying with an ulterior motive. Just answer the questions honestly!

Exactly - great post (and NIN's post, too)! Any of the witnesses who testified truthfully, with pure facts and not a paid agenda, answered questions with no real problem or hesitation. Only the paid for frauds have had any issues answering questions. The only questions the lying witnesses could answer easily were the ones where the defense was completely leading them - or when they had the script fully memorized.

Friggin' joke

Why did the Judge allow the uncouth women who laughed more than once to remain in the court room? After they did it a second time the Judge should have ordered them out.

Is this a tea party, circus or a real trial???

Jodi has removed herself from the brutal crime she committed and now perceives herself at war against JM.

Plain as day to me, a lay person. Too bad these idiot psych professionals aren't seeing it. But, then, why would they want to acknowledge it when their 'fog' of the situation scams high wages?

BBM

You are absolutely right on with this observation! :rocker:

Each time one of her witnesses seems, to her at least, to have scored one up on Mr. Martinez, that sly little grin twitches at her (botoxed?) lips.

When testimony points to her lies or incriminating actions, she psychologically removes herself from all connection to the crime and the trial, and her expression reads "Not my fault. Nothing to do with me. Let the lawyers have at it."

When things are not going her way, she cannot hide the rage in her eyes, nor can she wait to reprimand her team.

It's too bad the jurors are seated such a distance from her and likely cannot interpret her expressions.

I'm glad that you're giving voice to an unpopular opinion. I agree with you that the text messages, emails, etc. show evidence of emotional and verbal abuse toward Jodi. Even if Travis had a good reason to be angry with her, he was very ready and able to be cruel. His words dehumanized her more than they expressed his own feelings of betrayal, pain, and anger. The words he wrote were meant to not only to reject her--which was his right--but to annihilate her completely.

Why is this so hard to accept, even with the proof in black and white? Why do people seem to think that acknowledging the truth of Travis' emotional violence automatically means excusing Jodi's exteme violence? It doesn't and it won't. She killed a man, and it doesn't look at all like she did it in self defense. But, if Jodi is a sick woman who got sicker because of this relationship, this is something that has to be heard. The truth still matters. Hatred for the liar, the killer, however natural that may be, can't negate the evidence. And, yes, even the fact that she did the worst thing possible can't negate the evidence. It is a deliberate act of intellectual dishonesty to allow hatred to blot out facts.

Take Jodi out of the equation, and what we're left with here is a lot of people saying that the only "real" abuse there is is the kind that leaves physical marks; the rest, though equally damaging, is being minimized or denied. People say that Jodi herself is insulting victims of intimate partner violence, but I see the insult happening right here, on these boards.

Two things:

1.) Back in my younger days, I had a guy or two that would not give up. Kept calling, stopping by, whatever it would be (no texting/e-mails then), and it got to the point where I had to be RUDE to get him to just go away. Thankfully, not a sociopath/psychopath so they got the hint, but there may be a REASON he was rude and mean to her - most girls would read that and vanish.....but not crazy ole Jode;

2.) A girl I know is bi-polar and a drug addict/alcoholic. She maintains jobs for the most part and "manages" her using (ie: I believe right now she's just drinking - but that starts sometimes at 10am), but she has been in relationships where, when the guy tries to break things off, she has threatened suicide and actually did harm herself before (stabbed herself in the thigh with a steak knife once when a guy tried to break up with her, and he stayed with her for quite some time after because he was afraid she'd kill herself; another time she felt guilty for doing drugs and slashed her wrists very badly). She has been downright nasty and verbally abusive to one ex-boyfriend (that I witnessed), calling him a , f*cking f*ggot, said if he wanted to leave that was fine but do not EVER come back (she was drunk as a skunk, and trying to cop some drugs, and he said if she did he was leaving), and I have heard she was physically abusive to another ex boyfriend who was a bodybuilder and she'd leave bruises on him (and this is a SMALL girl). She doesn't have insurance, so does not take her medication; but even if she had insurance, she is very thin (like a 0 or size 2 MAYBE), and says the medicine "makes her fat" so she doesn't like taking it. Meanwhile, she is spinning out of control and will listen to NO ONE. I don't see a long future for her, as sad and awful as that sounds. She's only in her mid 30's.

Just because a guy says some mean things does NOT mean HE is the abuser. I am sure the ex-boyfriends of the girl I know said mean things to HER, but it was only as a means to make her see how it felt to be put down so badly. I am sure that several exes of hers needed help after they broke up, because their self esteem was probably in the can.

I suggest using David Lohr's channel for all videos. He cuts out all of the sidebars so that really condenses it all down.

He also has all of the interrogation tapes there and is working on getting the parent's interviews uploaded. He's also a member here. He just rocks all the way around! :rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xa1oSemBOgyops5B8eRLw

I adore David Lohr and am subscribed to his channel, and I appreciate all the work he has done and does getting those videos to us. I wish though, he also had video up with sidebars, because I enjoy the camera panning around to JA and the spectators and Travis's family....

I mentioned a few pages back that I think ALV wants to know what conclusion Juan is going for so she can tailor her testimony to fit the conclusion. That's not how it works and after 15 times testifying she should know that. The problem is that Juan couches his ultimate goal very well with questions that don't seem to make sense until he ties it all up at the end. This really bothers the witness'. In ALV's case I think she doesn't want to give that power to JM. JMO

I think he is going to show that this entire defense strategy is a fairytale. Just like Snow White! :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo