trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #122

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The two women who had incidents of domestic violence in their history were stricken during jury selection.

However, I'm familiar and I find her testimony unsettling, misguided, and inappropriate. She has a very firm grasp of abusive behaviors but hasn't placed those behaviors in proper perspective and is simultaneously blatantly ignoring obvious red flags of controlling behaviors on Jodi's part which could easily be synonymous with many abusive personalities.

I honestly believe someone with a DV history could've only helped the State portray Travis as a victim of intimate partner violence during deliberations.

JMO

I agree - ALV has shown herself for who she really is with her testimony. I witnessed ALV make a mockery of abuse. There is nothing humorous, funny, or light hearted about abuse. Abuse is dark. A person that truly cares about victims of abuse would not "roast" The State - a person that truly cares about victims of abuse would respect The Court. Such respect would include answering questions sincerely with the utmost care. A true victim advocate would not takeoff in a direction of lampoonery mocking the court, and, ridiculing abuse victims with behaviors such as asking The State, "Mr. Martinez are you angry with me?"

A true victim advocate would not treat abuse with perversion.

The State vs. Arias is solemn - no matter from which side (Defense / State) a person is looking from. A person stabbed another human being brutally almost 30 times, a person shot another human being in the head, and a person sliced the throat of another human being with extreme force.

In this solemn venue - a true victim advocate would never ridicule The Court, and, then grin ear to ear.

ALV may have been able to impersonate a victim advocate for years - however after showing her true self - by making light of the horrific events that happened on June 4 - by joking, laughing, and treating a tragedy with hilarity - ALV has shown that she is a charade: She is not interested in the well being, safety, and health of abuse victims.

There are many wonderful people dedicated to helping abuse victims - dedicated to changing the status quo to prevent future abuse victims casualties. These wonderful people - regardless if they were an expert witness for the state or defense would never approach such a tragedy with satire.

There are many victim advocates worthy of admiration - victim advocates may not always agree with each other. However, true victim advocates have one thing in common - they do not find hilarity in abuse, and, would never consider a court room witness stand a place to show facetiousness - nor would true victim advocates be in high spirits on the witness stand responding to questions with sarcasm, witty banter, or snappy wordplay.

I am very disappointed in ALV - so many people have worked extremely hard - sacrificing so much. Victim Advocates - some "thrown" into the field because they were once victims - some "drawn" to the field because they want to make things better.

ALV's perversive courtroom display was an injustice to victims of abuse, and, true victim advocates.

was just reading up before going to bed. I remember when this first popped up on ebay. I don't think it was her family selling it... and I'm not sure that everyone believed it was her drawings. I personally think it was just someone trying to make a few bucks. :twocents:

here is a link to the ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321064158322;PdsSession=d9432cfa13d0a5abe6322762fffb01b9

ETA: here is a link to a thread here at WS, from when the picture was found on ebay:

The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #15 *ADULT CONTENT* - Page 37 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks for the info, missy1974! (Wow... Someone actually paid $885 for this stunning work of art.) I'm inclined to believe these are authentic JA doodlings though... The "SOLD" sign on the eBay listing is covering up the signature/date linking it to JA. The attached photo of the "artwork" that's posted on the 'Justice for Travis Alexander' FB page appears to be signed and dated: Jodi Ann Arias / 1-3-13

Attachments

• 17214_332494943520601_847035821_n[1].jpg
    17214_332494943520601_847035821_n[1].jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 16
Good Morning all.

The last I saw last night was AV still droning on and Jodi looking actually scared for once.
Can anyone fill me in on how it ended please?

And, even creepier, she left a message, listened back to it, then deleted it because it didn't sound 'natural enough. So she left another, listened, deleted that one, and then left this final one...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Was she still in the dire grips of fognesia when she did this ?

Good Morning all.

The last I saw last night was AV still droning on and Jodi looking actually scared for once.
Can anyone fill me in on how it ended please?

JM was up, and Mz. A looked like a fool. There was alot of objections from the defense and they were over ruled. Then at some point, a sidebar. Court resumes on Monday. For some reason, some posters thought JM was a little over the top. I srongly disagree. This is one man she will not roll over. She needed to be reigned in. I understood him completely. Shes worse than Samuels. At one point the Jodi supporters laughed at one of the answers she gave JM. Shes a smart azz and JM will handle this man hatter. Theres carrying on, laughing, snickering, you name it. The tide will turn, and the tears will replace the laughing when GUILTY comes down. Thats when Jodi will have to rely on ALTERNATE REALITY.

Oh boy it ended with a bang! Juan got about 30 min of questioning in. You MUST go back and watch. It was intense!

Schuby your kidding?????? Was Violet still on the stand??? Help me, where can I find it before my boss gets in!!!! lol

Schuby your kidding?????? Was Violet still on the stand??? Help me, where can I find it before my boss gets in!!!! lol

Yes she was, and Lady LaV did not have anything nice to say to Juan AT ALL. She was extremely combative (so was he). It was like a light switch going off. The second JW sat down and Juan got up her whole demeanor changed.

JM was up, and Mz. A looked like a fool. There was alot of objections from the defense and they were over ruled. Then at some point, a sidebar. Court resumes on Monday. For some reason, some posters thought JM was a little over the top. I srongly disagree. This is one man she will not roll over. She needed to be reigned in. I understood him completely. Shes worse than Samuels. At one point the Jodi supporters laughed at one of the answers she gave JM. Shes a smart azz and JM will handle this man hatter. Theres carrying on, laughing, snickering, you name it. The tide will turn, and the tears will replace the laughing when GUILTY comes down. Thats when Jodi will have to rely on ALTERNATE REALITY.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I should not have gone to read!!! I figured it was never going to end. I was so sick of her.
But I did notice a drastic change in Jodi, she looked very scared, mad, out of it?

I'm sure everyone accused of murder in Arizona is relieved that they can have an open checkbook to provide 'expert' witnesses for their trial, with NO restriction as to how long they can opine..

After they get a load of these witnesses, they might just pass.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I should not have gone to read!!! I figured it was never going to end. I was so sick of her.
But I did notice a drastic change in Jodi, she looked very scared, mad, out of it?

Back to reality.

Why would someone of her so-called stature need a "Catchy" theme for something so serious? ALV used the term "catchy" at least two times today. Who was she trying to "catch" or "attract" ?

More like what is she trying to attract?
Answer; $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:fence:

I was completely shocked Willmott allowed JM to get in the last word before the long weekend.

I never tried to equate emotional abuse with murder. Don't put words in my mouth, please. And, yes, Jodi is the person who committed murder. Yes, murder is final. But, it's still not a time machine that can go back and erase the emotional abuse--abuse that is very possible without the partners living under the same roof.

How was Jodi emotionally abused? Did Travis call her up when she had asked him to stop? Did he stalk her? Did he purposely try to say things to hurt her that he knew was not true? Did he post things about her publicly to cause her pain and embarrassment? Yes emotional abuse is real but Jodi is not a victim of it. That was my point.

Any word on the private matter discussed after court on Thursday?

I loved his intensity. I did worry that it may provoke sympathy from jurors for ALV but then I remembered he's going to be at her a long time, probably a few days, it's more important to break her down early than it is to look nice. By the time she is off the stand no one will care if he was a little over aggressive at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills