trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't appreciate the aggressive tone in your post Mr. Steely Dan.

:laughcry:

BTW, I'm Elvis and within the last hour a foot of snow has fallen in Miami

You are taking him out of context, Mr. TigerBalm.

:great:

Before we get too far ahead...

ANAGRAMMY addressed Juror #5 earlier today directly here.

Has she stated she is posting, or was that her assumption?????????

My assumption. It's what I would do and I consider her one of us.

That thanks button has been messed up for awhile. Every other "thanks" I get a big old yellow exclamation point in a triangle. Really makes me angry when I really really want to thank a great post! By time I refresh so I can thank that post, the thread has zoomed on for 11 pages or so!

It's a bit stressful when the button won't work! I want to thank everyone all the time because you are all intelligent, funny and compassionate. A great combination! I have to refresh the page several times for it to work. My fingers hurt. They might take on a funny shake like JA's finger. Bends and straightens up at will.

I would like to know if you completely throw out JA's lying version... completely, and look only at the hard facts and evidence (those contained in the reports, crime scene photos, photos on the camera, etc.) what is left. What story does that tell?

She decided to secretly go to Arizona and slaughter him.

(Not to mention the cover up afterwards)

Yes, imagine how many potential wives were turned off to receive a closing text from Travis, "I'm going to bed with Jodi now...."

She has almost a mafia-like attitude- "You have no idea who you are dealing with..."

And he didn't. When he did, it was too late.

PS. I believe he cried in the shower because he had already been stabbed in the bedroom. The vena cava wound had an upward slant and was described as oblique in the autopsy report. Perfect angle for a left handed person standing next to a person restrained on the left side of the bed, which we see portrayed in the picture. With the wide arc required, she had lots of room for that compared to the cramped quarters of the shower where his arms are protecting his chest and he is sitting down.

I think he thought she had gone until that one picture with his arms up and there is a look of shock and disbelief on his face. She is back with the knife and is dressed in some weird hooded outfit with gloves on her hands....and maybe backup.

On his face is definitely WTF?

OMG that creeps me out. I truly believe she tied him up with that rope and ranted and raved until she got him into the shower. I can only imagine the horror of that night for poor Travis.

You guys might want to listen to Tricia's True Crime radio show last night where Wendy Murphy discusses this witness's long and successful career and what Wendy thinks is the strategy.

You may question ALV's testimony, but making fun of her, bashing her or using name variations, etc. will not be allowed and could cause you to lose your posting privileges for awhile.

If you'd like to hear what Wendy had to say, click the link to Tricia's True Crime Radio on my signature line and scroll down to the download of last night's show.

I agree with you!

and I will take it up one more level, even... ALV is an advocate for THIS woman (JA)... And manages to throw the other women even remotely involved in the case... Under the bus...as well...

JMO
Yup, she does. She's managed to expose & disparage a woman who is allegedly married as having had inappropriate texts with TA; she's managed to expose on national media a woman's alleged struggle with anorexia, and there are more examples beyond these. She is NOT an advocate for victims - she is a paid advocate for the defendant. An expert witness by definition is supposed to be objective (at least a little!). She is not, and is proving it more & more by the hour.

Ok gunned it home from work...is there anyone willing to give me JM's cross on ALV today raw and dirty just so I'm not completely lost when they come back from lunch..pweeezzeee :please:

Yes and in my opinion when you have truth on your side and are speaking the truth, there is no reason to be afraid, ever. She knows what she is doing up there is wrong and unethical.

And now the whole world knows it also.

Apparently you want to disagree with me, and I am fine with that. But keynote by its very nature means one special key speaker. Large conference groups, associations etc have entire depts dedicated to finding a keynote speaker for their conferences. In fact, s Keynote Speaker is what may draw many attendees. There may be other speakers, featured speakers, but I have never seen 2 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS. There is a lot of prestige in being a Keynote Speaker.
Not trivial at all.

BBM Which is why AL tried to pass herself off as one. :wink:

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Wow I wonder if this was done or the motion is to stop it from being done?

So, they don't want the evidence shown because it proves once again that their client is a liar. It seems they want all evidence thrown out that points to her guilt. That doesn't give the jury a full picture. Prejudicial evidence should be precluded because it makes their client look bad? Doesn't butchering another human being make her look bad? Or did they try to get that thrown out, too?

Trying to follow and work
Quite sure others around me think I have lost it
Laughing out loud and saying "yes!" With my earphones on
Can someone tell me what time court should resume ? Tyia

I can't keep up with the thread. There are many posts I don't get to read, and many I would probably love to thank. So I'd like to say, Thanks to all the great posts I've missed!

Ditto

Would it surprise anyone (everyone) that I went back to my stalker after being free of him for almost 7 years (and with a restraining order in place)? It didn't take too long afterward to figure out that I was dealing with a sociopath. I'd like to believe I'm not a stupid person (though have berated myself plenty)...but it took the second go-round to realize who this person really was. I had always thought it was his addictions "talking" and believed I could make the difference...but that's what a sociopath wants you to believe. When they have their eyes set on you, they'll spin their words and perform their magic and suck you back in. Then they'll suck the life force out of you...which is exactly what JA did to Travis.

HLN overanalyzes everything... for me the point of the 'keynote' vs 'breakout keynote' is that while to some it may not be a huge deal on her CV it is the fact that she finds it ok to stretch the truth, or as JM has shown, has her own personal idea of what is 'truthful' based on her own 'context'. Obviously because keynote was in the 'context' of keynote breakout, she chose to omit the breakout, and was fine with that. Everything is based on her perception, and not necessarily facts. Like she herself said, she doesnt know if there was further communications, and additional history on people she is making claims on. If she is going to keep speaking to patterns of behavior, then JA should have been a red flag from the start!

While sometimes it seems frustrating to get her to answer, I think the interaction is very telling. I get tired of TH saying JM is attacking ALV. He is not attacking her, he is asking questions to help get justice. JM is being attacked by these annoying hostile witnesses.

I totally agree. That one defense atty on HLN said that Juan was nitpicking and was out in the weeds. But I disagree. This woman did stretch the truth on her CV. Is that 'criminal'? No, of course not. But it does go to a pattern of behavior. If she can stretch the reality on that document, WHICH SHE SUBMITTED TO THE COURT FOR THIS CASE--then what else is she spinning or stretching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee