trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Wow I wonder if this was done or the motion is to stop it from being done?

Great catch - I wonder if this could be a reference to JM saying that the shelves were 40lb rated (or something like that) when he crossed Jodi - maybe they want that removed from the record?
The jury already heard it, don't know what good it would do. Maybe JM has something in his rebuttal about it?

One day this trial will be over and JA will be serving her fate.

Another trial will crop up, as usual, because there are some crazy people in the world.

I hope that out of this Alexander trial Church leaders from every faith consider changing certain policies that will encourage, not discourage, their faithful to seek help from them.

In this case, I feel if Travis had of felt encouraged to seek help from his Church elders rather than fearing excommunication or some other form of punishment, he might be alive today.

Please understand I am NOT bashing religion or anyone involved in religion.

I am just asking that the punitive measures be stopped, and love and enouragement be extended to all faith members - unconditionally.

As a pastor's kid (now adult), I agree completely.

I can't wait until this trial is over and Jodi will never be in the spotlight again. I can't wait until Jodi wakes up on a day not too far away and realizes she will never be free again. I can't wait for the nightmares, and they will come, so Jodi will never have peace again. I can't wait until Big Bertha and Jodi become cellmates so Jodi will endure pain day after day and again and again and again.

I said this last week, but it's a lot more evident today. ALV wants to know the conclusion he's gonna make before he asks the question.

She also wants to see her "crib notes." If she wanted something to refer to, she should have actually written a report like other experts. :twocents:

Wow, The DT just simply wants to remove any piece of testimony that is not in Jodi's favor. If they were to succeed, all the jury would be seeing is Jodi's side.

Guess that testing did not prove the theory she jumped on the shelf. We knew that long ago...that it wouldn't hold up under her weight. They should of known that also.

I still don't understand why Travis just did not change his password...he knew she was dangerous.
I went through something like this with an ex. He used to hack all my accounts and I couldn't figure out how he would continue to get my passwords/info after I changed them several times. I had my friend come over (he's a computer tech) and he told me that jason had a keylogger installed on my computer that captured every single letter I typed!!! Everything. This keylogger allowed him to read all of my emails/log ins/ everything including snapshots of what i did on my computer. He didn't have to sit in front of my computer to get all the info. This logger sent him all reports to his email..he could monitor everything from a remote location and I had no idea. He was able to put this logger on my computer while we lived together and when I threw him out he continued to watch me. He used all of his info against me and threatened me with it. i couldn't figure out how he knew certain things. I was so afraid to use my computer that i brought another one. Even after my friend removed the spyware I felt like i was being watched. So if jodi did anything like this, changing passwords wouldn't do a thing...I think this is where the computer rebuttal witness comes in....stealth key loggers are scary.

Great catch - I wonder if this could be a reference to JM saying that the shelves were 40lb rated (or something like that) when he crossed Jodi - maybe they want that removed from the record?
The jury already heard it, don't know what good it would do. Maybe JM has something in his rebuttal about it?

If they can scientifically demonstrate it, that will be VERY GOOD. Not merely a theory, but a fact!

Twice I have tried to post a thought, but all of a sudden I jump several pages. If you see incomplete thoughts posted by me, I'm not doing this on purpose. Trying to post this quickly before I jump again!

I'm a lurker, and i've seen many posts about the number of people on the forum and to come join in. I haven't, but not because i'd prefer not to, but simply because everything I have to say is already being said. you guys and gals are totally on it. And its already really busy here without me clocking up 1000+ posts between now and who-knows-when it will end.

I just thought it would be nice to explain why, and to thank you all for what you are already doing here. Also, the outpouring of support the people of this forum are offering the Alexander family is inspiring. I too feel for their loss, not just in the death of their brother, but also at his public lynching of him aka the jodi arias trial.

ya know i am honestly rethinking my opinion of June 4, 2008.. I've always been of the mindset that while IMO it was a surprise attack(ie.as in he had no idea Arias was coming)..but up until now i always just accepted that he didn't in any way shun her or her sexual advances that day.. as in he was still attracted to her sexually and thus this allowed his guard to be COMPLETELY DOWN..

But as of today i am for the very first time questioning if I've taken the word of Jodi with too much weight wrt to this specific issue and her version of events..its obviously an issue and critical point in time that WE ONLY HAVE ARIAS' ACCOUNT AND VERSION OF THOSE HOURS OF JUNE 4.. and honestly as we know her accounts cannot at all be trusted or believed, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO CORROBORATE HER VERSION OF EVENTS..

I suppose the sexual in nature pics is what i have thus far used as a form of corroborating Jodi's acct of those hours leading up to the murder ..

I just honestly am not so certain anymore about that critical window of time, and am really rethinking my opinion on just how willing, unwilling, hesitant, or possibly even fully resistant that Travis very well could have been that day..kwim?

hmmmmmm..just alot to think on about this issue.. anyhow nothing more than my rambling thoughts regarding my for the first time rethinking how or what i believe about those critical hours of June 4th leading up to the murder..and was Travis merely thinking with the wrong head, as I've believed all this time was the way in which his guard was down, or have i been mistaken in my thoughts about this?
I don't think the sociopath text being just about a week before is mere coincidence. If you look at all of May, Jodi was getting more and more conniving and manipulative in her communications with him. By the end of the month, everything she was doing had taken its toll on him, on 'them'.

I've always believed Travis was well and truly done with her. I can't explain why he let her in, assuming he did, but every photo shows a harangued Travis - I've seen that same look of just a tired sense of helplessness so many more times than I can count. A 'just let it be over with already' expression. I don't for a moment believe anything happened anywhere close to Jodi's claims.

Add to that my own knowledge, painfully learned, that a psychopath will take something that is meant benignly and pull and twist until it takes the image of something far more nefarious. I'll just very quickly reiterate one story - for months while still married to my ex I was online friends with a guy. Just friends, only, ever. The day after I confided I wasn't happy in my marriage, my ex brought home printouts, carefully redacted, of our conversations in which I'm practically having a physical affair with someone I'd never even met.

The guy I was talking to turned out to be my ex and the chickie-poo he was cheating on me with - I found out many months later. But it had the intended reaction at the time - I felt guilty and awful. I had to 'prove' what a great woman and wife I was. So I sat back, shut up, and sucked up the abuse just a little bit longer.

Juan is a breath of brisk, invigorating air. Today the only thing he has changed is his tone; he is not as loud. Everything else is the same, the style of his questions is precisely the same, ie: "that's not what the question is, do you understand what we're talking about here?" He is SO good.

One thing that was marvelous about his questioning of the previous expert, Dr. Fog, is that he started using the Dr.'s constant refrain of "30 years of experience" against him by the end of the cross. Very, very effectively.

He's starting to do the same thing to ALV and her "thousands of pages" of written material. I can't wait to watch the rest of the day and I think I might even watch it again on youtube once it's posted :D

Good post and Welcome to our group Imprint!

:wagon:

Beth talking about Samantha being approached. She thinks that is why there was an in chambers stuff going on this morning.

Can't wait until THOSE documents are unsealed on Reckoning Day. :rocker:
That would be the nail in the proverbial coffin of Alyce's career.

Yes Brian Silber from HLN your beloved Alyce who you say is winning becuase she has been at her "job" for so long will no longer have that job but Mr. Martinez (who in your eyes is the loser) will.

Is anyone else having difficulty with the "Thanks" button? I am having to refresh the page every time I click on it, and it's getting frustrating :banghead: I keep falling behind but want to acknowledge excellent posts.

Yes, I am.

It seems when I look back at some of my posts, I'm not seeing any Thanks.

:waitasec:

That's the biggest smile I've seen on Juan Martinez yet - when he was pointing out to the judge that ALV was quoting from the email/text/IM.

Big grin on his face 'cos he loves it when she quotes from the inadmissible evidence !! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

She also wants to see her "crib notes." If she wanted something to refer to, she should have actually written a report like other experts. :twocents:

She had no problem remembering anything last Thursday IIRC.

Join Websleuth's guests!
we want to chat with you all too!
Free to join...and it is a place to chat with others who watch and read all kinds of crime
stories, and hear about them and ..don't you want to chat about the trials and all?
I mean it is a break and you do have time to get all ready before the trial is back on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs