trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having difficulty with the "Thanks" button? I am having to refresh the page every time I click on it, and it's getting frustrating :banghead: I keep falling behind but want to acknowledge excellent posts.

yes I am...thought it was just me :seeya:

Is anyone else having difficulty with the "Thanks" button? I am having to refresh the page every time I click on it, and it's getting frustrating :banghead: I keep falling behind but want to acknowledge excellent posts.

Sometimes, it's a bit slow right now.

I love beth karas :loveyou: she explains every thing so well! And I love her summery of this morning.....spot on Ms. K

That's because I believe she had a reaming from the judge this mourning for her snickering when AVL was combative with Juan.
I think Willmont had a lashing about her silly laughing and smiling with AVL as well.
Lawyers should know better than to turn a murder trial into a free for all.

I hope it stays that way. Their behaviour not professional.. They all needed an attitude adjustment.

OMG, yes - even worse indeed, given that she's supposed to be the expert on domestic violence - and she is stating that NO, she does not believe he is afraid... because he returned to his abuser.

There isn't a battered women's shelter in America that should allow this women to enter their front door after today. Period.

She, (the defense witness that approached the victims next of kin in the CR), the domestic violence expert who chooses NOT TO BELIEVE a now dead man because she could not gather (based on the 'context') that he was truly afraid of jodi - even though he states that he is.

Again, they should take away her keys and prevent her from ever entering another battered women's shelter again. She is NOT an advocate of domestic abuse victims. She is an advocate for women - regardless of their actions, character, or history of wrongdoing, lying & violence.

:goodpost:

I hope Juan makes her EAT that 2008 journal for lunch.

Juan: Maam, isn't it true that on June 10th, Jodi lied in a journal entry where she feigned ignorance of the murder of Travis Alexander?

ALV : Umm, in context.. (smack!)

Juan: and isn't it true that you heavily relied upon this journal which contains indisputable LIES from the defendant? Yes or no?

ALV: yes and no but...(smack!!)

And yet there have been a couple of TH attorneys on HLN who have worked with her and have high praise for her. :waitasec:

Perhaps these TH are concerned their client, if they are in jail, might appeal based on ineffective council by hiring such an 'expert'.:rocker:

Real life calls! Off to pick up my little cutie from preschool...

Today (SO FAR) was FREAKING AWESOME!

Go Juan - get justice for TRAVIS!

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Wow I wonder if this was done or the motion is to stop it from being done?

Wow, The DT just simply wants to remove any piece of testimony that is not in Jodi's favor. If they were to succeed, all the jury would be seeing is Jodi's side.

Beth Karas is the only reason why I even bother watching HLN.
The voice of reason. Love that woman.

I disagree. For a national disease organization I am associated with, there are several keynote speakers. The board of directors and local officials welcome people at the first general session. At some point during the conference, there is a keynote speaker for a general session about research, followed by various workshops about research developments. At another, there's a keynote speaker for a general session about care, followed by workshops about care. Etc. There is no one introductory keynote speaker for the conference. These speakers who introduce major topics are referred to during the planning meetings as the keynote speakers, they are asked to be keynote speakers in communications from the organization. I am not sure if they are always referred to in the program as keynote speakers but that's what they are.

I think this is a trivial point that JM is going on about. If he could show that she padded her resume consistently, then sure point out this discrepancy, but making an issue of whether she was 'a' keynote speaker or 'the' keynote speaker seems silly to me.

Keynote speaker of a conference is just that. One person that communications the "keynote" of the entire conference. The word 'keynote' in any other context is being used incorrectly.

Wendy Murphy, attorney, said last night that the courtroom is all theater. And the defense is using all the theatrics they can muster. But the prosecution has all the evidence and the confession and JM. So the defense is just dragging all this out. Even the glasses for Jodi was likely ALV's idea. And ALV forgetting to take her glasses with her on the stand? All an act. They are wasting the jury's time and the jury wll remember it.

ITA--lots and lots of time wasted & lots and lots of $$$$ being made with each wasted hour!

Wendy Murphy was awesome last night. Have you bought her book? I think I'm going to download the PDF file of it.

ya know i am honestly rethinking my opinion of June 4, 2008.. I've always been of the mindset that while IMO it was a surprise attack(ie.as in he had no idea Arias was coming)..but up until now i always just accepted that he didn't in any way shun her or her sexual advances that day.. as in he was still attracted to her sexually and thus this allowed his guard to be COMPLETELY DOWN..

But as of today i am for the very first time questioning if I've taken the word of Jodi with too much weight wrt to this specific issue and her version of events..its obviously an issue and critical point in time that WE ONLY HAVE ARIAS' ACCOUNT AND VERSION OF THOSE HOURS OF JUNE 4.. and honestly as we know her accounts cannot at all be trusted or believed, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO CORROBORATE HER VERSION OF EVENTS..

I suppose the sexual in nature pics is what i have thus far used as a form of corroborating Jodi's acct of those hours leading up to the murder ..

I just honestly am not so certain anymore about that critical window of time, and am really rethinking my opinion on just how willing, unwilling, hesitant, or possibly even fully resistant that Travis very well could have been that day..kwim?

hmmmmmm..just alot to think on about this issue.. anyhow nothing more than my rambling thoughts regarding my for the first time rethinking how or what i believe about those critical hours of June 4th leading up to the murder..and was Travis merely thinking with the wrong head, as I've believed all this time was the way in which his guard was down, or have i been mistaken in my thoughts about this?

Have you read the investigative report?
If not will you?
I always enjoy your posts, you always come up with things I've never even thought about.

Starting on page 13 about 1/2 the way down the page, beginning with
Interview with Chris and Sky Hughes.

Then page 19
Supplemental Narrative
regarding the camera and photos...

I know when I read it my mind changed about some things...
re: when JA actually showed up at the home etc...

there is a thread here to discuss the report
Flores investigative report- Discuss it here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I want to kkkknow if anything jumped off the page for you!:seeya:
http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Wow I wonder if this was done or the motion is to stop it from being done?

OMG

Rebuttal is going to challenge her claim of getting on top of the shelf to get the imaginary gun!

If you're saying that I'm lying on my CV I'm not. I don't lie Mr. Martinez. :floorlaugh:

She may have even used the word "implying", which is worse. She may be quasi-delusional - seeing/hearing things that aren't there.

HLN overanalyzes everything... for me the point of the 'keynote' vs 'breakout keynote' is that while to some it may not be a huge deal on her CV it is the fact that she finds it ok to stretch the truth, or as JM has shown, has her own personal idea of what is 'truthful' based on her own 'context'. Obviously because keynote was in the 'context' of keynote breakout, she chose to omit the breakout, and was fine with that. Everything is based on her perception, and not necessarily facts. Like she herself said, she doesnt know if there was further communications, and additional history on people she is making claims on. If she is going to keep speaking to patterns of behavior, then JA should have been a red flag from the start!

While sometimes it seems frustrating to get her to answer, I think the interaction is very telling. I get tired of TH saying JM is attacking ALV. He is not attacking her, he is asking questions to help get justice. JM is being attacked by these annoying hostile witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z