trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...

Yet, she believes all the nonsense written in Jodi's journals and not once did Jodi write that she was abused.

ALV explained that last week as Jodi being so traumatized by TA's abuse that she'd "dissociated" herself from reality. I think both women are showing signs of a dissociative disorder today, because their current reality sucks.

It's one I wanted to use...and this trial has RUINED it for me. :furious:
:therethere:
If it's any consolation, it's probably best to stay away from naming your child Reagan anyway... Wasn't that the name of the demon-possessed girl in The Exorcist? Just sayin'.

i went to a million conferences on maternal child health when i was working to get my CEU's.

we'd have a KEYNOTE speaker. some big honcho in the field. THEN we went into breakout sessions and each had their own speakers. i might go to one, my friend to another. we didn't hear the same speaker. that's what she was.

I did event planning for fortune 100 company...only one keynote, period. Ever.

I wonder if she agrees with/believes the message from Travis telling Jodi that she's the worst thing that ever happened to him. I certainly believe that's true.

He's the one that felt used and abused. She dismisses all of that evidence?

She looks like an imbecile ! IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALV explained that last week as Jodi being so traumatized by TA's abuse that she'd "dissociated" herself from reality. I think both women are showing signs of a dissociative disorder today, because their current reality sucks.

:goodpost:

I don't think we know with any certainty what precautions Travis took or didn't. At the time of his murder he believed she was more than a thousand miles away, in another state.

A point I keep trying to make though is you can be afraid of someone and not really fully understand that person has the potential to actually be lethal. I don't believe Travis really, fully comprehended just how dangerous Jodi really was. Even though my ex threatened my life, and pulled a gun on me twice, years ago I would've sworn he'd never actually hurt me. I was deluded enough to believe his feelings for me would preclude such violence.

Just FWIW

Excellent post!!!

Alyce testified that she had taught Prosecutors how to cross examine - something to that effect anyway. She included this when she was going over her credentials the first day on the stand. I think this was in a large part to manipulate the juror's into believing she is somewhat of an "equal" to the the Prosecutors, thereby falsely perhaps misleading the jurors into believing that she typically on the states side, or at least not an enemy of the state. Then, when she has Juan going at her she defiantly argues with him and evades answering questions. IMO, if she thinks she has impressed the jurors, or anyone for that matter, with her games and snarky attitude she has failed epically, especially in light of indicating she has taught Cross-Examination. IMO, she spent more time preparing on how to trip up the prosecutor and avoid being impeached than she did on the MURDER. Hope that made sense.

The reason Jodi is happy is becuase her expert has exposed personal information about numerous women that had any kind of relationship with Travis. Alyce takes any opportunity to blurt out every embarrassing thing. She sounded like a little tattle tale child today. "They said *advertiser censored*! they talked about *advertiser censored* and being anorexic!"

Remember the name dropping she did last week.

Jodi is getting off on her doing this. She doesn't see nor care to see the seriousness of the situation, all she cares about is every woman she has ever hated is slowly being name dropped and personal information given.

Anorexic. :furious: There was NO absolutely NO reason for this "expert" to blurt that out.

No. And LV is managing to trash every woman that by their very existence dissed the poor, saintly murderess. Now why would she revile other women in this way, her being a 'feminist' and all? That has had me gobsmacked. Perhaps LaViolette has feelings for JA after all?!?

and even worse to think that this expert didn't believe him.

:no:

OMG, yes - even worse indeed, given that she's supposed to be the expert on domestic violence - and she is stating that NO, she does not believe he is afraid... because he returned to his abuser.

There isn't a battered women's shelter in America that should allow this women to enter their front door after today. Period.

She, (the defense witness that approached the victims next of kin in the CR), the domestic violence expert who chooses NOT TO BELIEVE a now dead man because she could not gather (based on the 'context') that he was truly afraid of jodi - even though he states that he is.

Again, they should take away her keys and prevent her from ever entering another battered women's shelter again. She is NOT an advocate of domestic abuse victims. She is an advocate for women - regardless of their actions, character, or history of wrongdoing, lying & violence.

I'm wondering if ALV embellished her experience testifying as an expert witness. I know the CV lists many divorce/child custody cases where she testified as an "expert", and it would make sense that those cases would be sealed. But she also described a case involving a father murdering his daughter's abuser, so I would expect there to be some record of her expert testimony in this case.

For an expert witness with such a lengthy list of court experience on her CV, I think its very interesting that there is no record of her testifying in any capacity.

I believe it was KCL who mentioned that a friend of ALV said she was nervous about testifying, I wonder if it has to do with lack of experience on the stand?

It was Mom3boys when she had that one day in court. Perhaps ALV was nervous because of going up against Juan in the past. MAYBE she was aware of what happened with Gus Sr.
[/quote]

I don't believe ALV is scared one bit! She may want to appear that way but she isn't. She loves being defiant. She LOVES slandering men and Travis in particular. She's getting a great big high from this.

Not blackmail. Thinking with the wrong head. It gets men in trouble all the time.
Respectfully, I think that's an unfair assessment - not only to Travis but any male victim of a female psychopath. Such a disorder often unleashes an unbelievable amount of psychological abuse and manipulators.

MOO

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/7/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Wow I wonder if this was done or the motion is to stop it from being done?

Can these women mentioned sue ALV and the DT? They did nothing wrong. Why did ALV have to mention specific names in stead of just using their initials or a fake name?

I thought that as well - can these women sue ALV? What right does she have to discuss their private conversations in open court - she could have easily used initials, and there was no need to even mention what personal medical information she chose to share.
As a 'pioneer' for women in vulnerable situations, she has little consciousness or concern for the women she's so carelessly speaking about.

I said this last week, but it's a lot more evident today. ALV wants to know the conclusion he's gonna make before he asks the question.

Alyce testified that she had taught Prosecutors how to cross examine - something to that effect anyway. She included this when she was going over her credentials the first day on the stand. I think this was in a large part to manipulate the juror's into believing she is somewhat of an "equal" to the the Prosecutors, thereby falsely perhaps misleading the jurors into believing that she typically on the states side, or at not an enemy of the state. Then, when she has Juan going at her she defiantly argues with him and evades answering questions. IMO, if she thinks she has impressed the jurors, or anyone for that matter, with her games and snarky attitude she has failed epically, especially in light of indicating she has taught Cross-Examination. IMO, she spent more time preparing on how to trip up the prosecutor and avoid being impeached than she did on the MURDER. Hope that made sense.

I was waiting for Juan asking her if she was just a public speaker? from her CV.

Hmmmm, folks. At this moment, there are 488 members and 537 guests viewing this board!! Lotsa good folks in the members list because I have been on all kinds of boards here with them.

Here's an invitation to all the guests to join Websleuths -- no fees, taxes or any costs at all to do that. Sure would be nice to always have more members than guests. This is not the only case that's being sleuthed on here, and there's sure to be another good one whenever this one is finally (!) over.

Please join -- it's lots more fun and it is good for stimulating your brain and improving your thinking-cap talents.

We'd love to have you! Thanks!

While I totally agree with borndem, be forewarned someone will make you crave chocolate, make you hungry, want a drink, make you spit liquid at your computer, almost make you pp in your undies. But it's worth it.

Her beliefs depend on who is cutting the checks, IMO.

Exactly so! She will tailor her testibaloney to fit whatever the lawyers paying her want to hear. ALV is a gun for hire, nothing more. I really don't think she actually believes what she's spewing. But for sure she doesn't like being challenged....especially by someone smarter than she is! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d_z