trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice how quite and still the mit spec lady is today??

He nailed her with the CV. It had nothing to do with a minor error about who was the Keynote speaker. It had everything to do with not willing to admit she was wrong. She could have easily deflected that with a "that was probably just an error," etc. -- instead, she fights it out and makes herself look foolish by essentially constructing an at best dubious explanation for why it was on the CV. Pretty darned clever by Martinez, but the talking heads are all trying to make it sound like another example of his inability to see the "big picture."

Nonsense. That point was only intended to show that she will not admit she's wrong even when it's clear to everyone that that's the case. He's going to make that point again and again before this is over.

:cow:

I'm wondering if JA cloned Travis's phone?

That would also explain how she always knew what was going on his life....

I think she knew his passwords and looked at his gmail, im's, facebook, voicemail, etc. - anything and everything private. I believe she even admitted to responding to his private messages as him - she had no boundaries.

ya know i am honestly rethinking my opinion of June 4, 2008.. I've always been of the mindset that while IMO it was a surprise attack(ie.as in he had no idea Arias was coming)..but up until now i always just accepted that he didn't in any way shun her or her sexual advances that day.. as in he was still attracted to her sexually and thus this allowed his guard to be COMPLETELY DOWN..

But as of today i am for the very first time questioning if I've taken the word of Jodi with too much weight wrt to this specific issue and her version of events..its obviously an issue and critical point in time that WE ONLY HAVE ARIAS' ACCOUNT AND VERSION OF THOSE HOURS OF JUNE 4.. and honestly as we know her accounts cannot at all be trusted or believed, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO CORROBORATE HER VERSION OF EVENTS..

I suppose the sexual in nature pics is what i have thus far used as a form of corroborating Jodi's acct of those hours leading up to the murder ..

I just honestly am not so certain anymore about that critical window of time, and am really rethinking my opinion on just how willing, unwilling, hesitant, or possibly even fully resistant that Travis very well could have been that day..kwim?

hmmmmmm..just alot to think on about this issue.. anyhow nothing more than my rambling thoughts regarding my for the first time rethinking how or what i believe about those critical hours of June 4th leading up to the murder..and was Travis merely thinking with the wrong head, as I've believed all this time was the way in which his guard was down, or have i been mistaken in my thoughts about this?

ALV has single handedly redefined what "keynote speaker" means.

I understand that it's a horrifying thing to out something like an eating disorder in a nationally televised trial, but when somebody is anorexic, it's hard for everyone in the anorexic's life to not know.

But a potential employer would now be able to know this private information about her.

Can these women mentioned sue ALV and the DT? They did nothing wrong. Why did ALV have to mention specific names in stead of just using their initials or a fake name?

Yeah. A man isn't going to lust after a poor girl who is skin and bones. Travis may have wanted to say 'Oh you have lovely features, eyes etc.' and 'You'd look even more beautiful with some weight on.'

Don't hit me but we really don't know the context. :truce: It could be she got food poisoning last weekend at the baseball game and hasn't been able to hold anything down since and because she's got a great vocabulary she said I've been anorexic. She may actually weight 135lbs but be down from her usual 140lbs.

How wonderful that a man reaching out to confide in ALV that he was scared of being stalked by his partner might be disbelieved and dismissed. Gender bias or do you think she routinely disbelieves victims??

I am stunned that someone in the DV field could take this position. The backlash from her peers is going to be enormous.

If a client came to you in this situation and you thought they were joking/making it up, how would you feel later to find out they were truthful and had died at the hands of the stalker? Pretty bad, I imagine. But this woman knows that TA ended up dead at the hands of the alleged stalker and she still dismisses it and is testifying for the perp.

Beyond my comprehension. An 18 page IM that dealt with some very serious issues. Travis characterized as "extremely afraid" of JA by JM.

This witness is going to help JM show how crazed JA was in the time leading up to Travis' death. At first I thought that she would be under cross for one day with JM, but he may use her much longer to paint the way to Travis's murder.

And for all of the TH's that have criticized JM for his yelling and pit bull style, he is anything but today with a DT witness and an uncooperative one at that. She's been admonished by the judge at least three times in less than an hour.

Justice for Travis.

i went to a million conferences on maternal child health when i was working to get my CEU's.

we'd have a KEYNOTE speaker. some big honcho in the field. THEN we went into breakout sessions and each had their own speakers. i might go to one, my friend to another. we didn't hear the same speaker. that's what she was.

it's NOT the same as being the big honcho giving the speech that opens the conference, where everyone attending is present.

just my 2 cents.

I'm wondering if ALV embellished her experience testifying as an expert witness. I know the CV lists many divorce/child custody cases where she testified as an "expert", and it would make sense that those cases would be sealed. But she also described a case involving a father murdering his daughter's abuser, so I would expect there to be some record of her expert testimony in this case.

For an expert witness with such a lengthy list of court experience on her CV, I think its very interesting that there is no record of her testifying in any capacity.

I believe it was KCL who mentioned that a friend of ALV said she was nervous about testifying, I wonder if it has to do with lack of experience on the stand?

It was Mom3boys when she had that one day in court. Perhaps ALV was nervous because of going up against Juan in the past. MAYBE she was aware of what happened with Gus Sr.

:banghead: :tantrum: :banghead:
Good thing there's no WS rule against posting disparaging about cable news channels, huh?! They can be oh-so-annoying... :furious:

But speaking of HLN... Any chance someone can open a separate thread for those watching the trial on HLN? If I want to have any hope of accomplishing anything around here, I am forced to step away from the desktop, and crank up the TV instead. It would be great for all the trial watchers in the same boat to be on a thread where everyone's "on the same page". Pretty please...??? :please:

REALLY good idea. I'm in the same boat.

Jodi murdered Travis and yet AVL chooses not to believe that Travis was or should have been afraid of her? Does she not see any irony in that? She does realize Travis is dead, right?

I wonder if she agrees with/believes the message from Travis telling Jodi that she's the worst thing that ever happened to him. I certainly believe that's true.

She looks at patterns of behavior?

So.... It's not a pattern of behavior when Another witness testified to tire slashings, being followed, Travis writes he's scared ... Refers to her in posts as a gold digging ax murderer, a sociopath and a liar..
He ends up dead at her hand and this "expert" incapable of connecting the dots?

In domestic violence situations who is more likely to be murdered? The witness doesn't know it's usually the victim of the abuse? Like 99% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must add that I swear HLN is why InSession is no longer airing live trial coverage on TV. HLN and TruTV are owned by the same parent company and said parent company ended InSession's coverage so that HLN would have a monopoly of it on the television and they hoped for a ratings/ad revenue boost at HLN. But much to my pleasure (and others) I think that this did nothing but backfire for HLN as everyone is instead going to watching the trial LIVE and commercial FREE online (instead of resorting to the as annoying as nails on a chalkboard, hours delayed, & commercial-ridden coverage on HLN). MOO, of course, but that's my opinion of what's going on there ;)

THey have been phasing out live court for a long time..I mean going from
4 hours to 2 and soon zero :banghead:

I agree, but it still shouldn't have been done! :gavel:

look at all the garbage ja drug out---db was an drinker---hygienic smoker and so forth...not to mention vampire guy...

ya know i am honestly rethinking my opinion of June 4, 2008.. I've always been of the mindset that while IMO it was a surprise attack(ie.as in he had no idea Arias was coming)..but up until now i always just accepted that he didn't in any way shun her or her sexual advances that day.. as in he was still attracted to her sexually and thus this allowed his guard to be COMPLETELY DOWN..

But as of today i am for the very first time questioning if I've taken the word of Jodi with too much weight wrt to this specific issue and her version of events..its obviously an issue and critical point in time that WE ONLY HAVE ARIAS' ACCOUNT AND VERSION OF THOSE HOURS OF JUNE 4.. and honestly as we know her accounts cannot at all be trusted or believed, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO CORROBORATE HER VERSION OF EVENTS..

I suppose the sexual in nature pics is what i have thus far used as a form of corroborating Jodi's acct of those hours leading up to the murder ..

I just honestly am not so certain anymore about that critical window of time, and am really rethinking my opinion on just how willing, unwilling, hesitant, or possibly even fully resistant that Travis very well could have been that day..kwim?

hmmmmmm..just alot to think on about this issue.. anyhow nothing more than more rambling thoughts regarding my for the first time rethinking how or what i believe about those critical hours of June 4th leading up to the murder..

Me too. I don't think they had sex that day. I don't think he wanted her there at all. She took all of those photos including the ones of herself. She tried to stage photos with the KY, etc. In my opinion, he was mad that she was there and didn't want anything to do with her.

i went to a million conferences on maternal child health when i was working to get my CEU's.

we'd have a KEYNOTE speaker. some big honcho in the field. THEN we went into breakout sessions and each had their own speakers. i might go to one, my friend to another. we didn't hear the same speaker. that's what she was.

it's NOT the same as being the big honcho giving the speech that opens the conference, where everyone attending is present.

just my 2 cents.
So, more like the warm up band at a concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams