trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #126

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You've chosen not to believe him even though he's written it down." Travis, who recorded his fear and abuse. Eloquently brilliant.

Yes...

Yet, she believes all the nonsense written in Jodi's journals and not once did Jodi write that she was abused.

So if I text one of you guys and say "omg stop stalking me! I know I'm anorexic but I can't help it". Does that mean I'm anorexic and you are stalking me?

We can get you help Barrys girl. OMG everyone Barrysgirl is an anorexic. Someone call Alyce, stat!

In keeping with the Disney 'Fairy Tale' theme, is it just coincidence that JA is wearing her little 'Snow White' blouse with the puffy little sleeves? She looks more like one of the ugly step-sisters from Cinderella. ALV is acting more like Cruella de vil, the antagonist from 101 Dalmatians, as she refuses to answer a simple 'yes' or 'no', much to the consternation of JM. She acts like the Queen of Hearts on the witness stand - talking to JM as though he was one of her royal subjects! Such disrespect!

Juan is finally getting to the nitty-gritty of ALV's entire testa-baloney - 'selective editing'. The afternoon should be fireworks! Someone needs to remind Her Royal Highness to carry her eye glasses with her - does she have a memory problem???

Believe it or not, I think the DA did it on purpose because they thought it would be funny.

moo

I hate HLN. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. I hope they all get paper cuts! I hope they all step barefooted on one of their children's Legos! I hope their plastic lunch forks break off in their baked potatoes! I hope their soups dribbles onto their ties! I hope they pour full bowls of cereal only to realize their milk is expired! I hope they all get bad haircuts!

:banghead: :tantrum: :banghead:
Good thing there's no WS rule against posting disparaging about cable news channels, huh?! They can be oh-so-annoying... :furious:

But speaking of HLN... Any chance someone can open a separate thread for those watching the trial on HLN? If I want to have any hope of accomplishing anything around here, I am forced to step away from the desktop, and crank up the TV instead. It would be great for all the trial watchers in the same boat to be on a thread where everyone's "on the same page". Pretty please...??? :please:

Jodi murdered Travis and yet AVL chooses not to believe that Travis was or should have been afraid of her? Does she not see any irony in that? She does realize Travis is dead, right?

The irony is rich indeed! This woman has decided to go down with the ship.

I hope JM reminds her to get her glasses at the beginning of the afternoon.

Hmmmm, folks. At this moment, there are 488 members and 537 guests viewing this board!! Lotsa good folks in the members list because I have been on all kinds of boards here with them.

Here's an invitation to all the guests to join Websleuths -- no fees, taxes or any costs at all to do that. Sure would be nice to always have more members than guests. This is not the only case that's being sleuthed on here, and there's sure to be another good one whenever this one is finally (!) over.

Please join -- it's lots more fun and it is good for stimulating your brain and improving your thinking-cap talents.

We'd love to have you! Thanks!

:seeya:

I agree. Jodi has a scorched earth policy. If I have to go down, everyone is going down. Now is a time for her to settle scores.

Maybe that's why Travis compared her to Hitler. I don't know how much he knew about history, but that was the case as the Reich crumbled around the bunker.

:cow:

I agree. Jodi has a scorched earth policy. If I have to go down, everyone is going down. Now is a time for her to settle scores.

Exactly she reacts with a smirk whenever something negative is said about any of his female friends.

So because TA continued to engage with JA, ALV chooses to disregard TA's expressed fear of JA, calling her a stalker and saying he is afraid of her? Does she also choose to ignore Dr. Karl Hiatt, who said TA was afraid to break up with JA because when he did, she slashed his tires?

Dr. Hiatt came right out and said TA was afraid to break up with JA. Which would explain TA's continuing to engage with her. If any counselor dismissed one party's expressed fear because they continued to engage with the other person, wouldn't that be a potentially fatal error of judgment?

HIATT: Well, Travis would come for Sunday meals. And one day, he showed up and was telling us that he had broken up with Jodi. And the next day, he got in his car and noticed that all four tires were slashed, or went to his car and all four tires had been slashed. That story`s been told.

And then he showed up on Sunday and told us about it, and we realized that she was very angry. You know, obviously, we were a little bit shaken and thought, Wow, she`s vengeful.

And then he said, Don`t be surprised. If I don`t show up one of these Sundays, you find me dead somewhere. And we just thought, Oh, wow, you know, she really is vengeful, but didn`t think past that. And then he said, I`m serious. And we kind of laughed it off again. But you know, he was predicting and prophesying his own death by Jodi.

GRACE: When his tires were slashed, Dr. Hiatt, what were his thoughts on that?

HIATT: Well, I don`t really know. I just know he knew she was serious and that she was extremely upset. And you know, he was with her for about five months, just trying to figure out, you know, who she was and was dating her and seriously was pursuing her, you know?

But as he got to know her more and more, he realized that she wasn`t the one for him. And this really -- the tire slashing solidified that decision, that it was a good one to break up with her.

And he wanted to change his life and move on and be more positive, and I think she was kind of dragging him down. So he knew he`d made the right decision, especially after the tires were slashed. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1301/15/ng.01.html

A video from another interview with Dr. Hiatt:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/01/11/did-travis-alexander-predict-his-own-death

How wonderful that a man reaching out to confide in ALV that he was scared of being stalked by his partner might be disbelieved and dismissed. Gender bias or do you think she routinely disbelieves victims??

Her beliefs depend on who is cutting the checks, IMO.

Note: Motion to preclude; any and all evidence related any weight assessments or testing on shelving at place of death

When the ninjas told her to leave Jodi ran away like a little *****

image.jpg

One day this trial will be over and JA will be serving her fate.

Another trial will crop up, as usual, because there are some crazy people in the world.

I hope that out of this Alexander trial Church leaders from every faith consider changing certain policies that will encourage, not discourage, their faithful to seek help from them.

In this case, I feel if Travis had of felt encouraged to seek help from his Church elders rather than fearing excommunication or some other form of punishment, he might be alive today.

Please understand I am NOT bashing religion or anyone involved in religion.

I am just asking that the punitive measures be stopped, and love and enouragement be extended to all faith members - unconditionally.

Not blackmail. Thinking with the wrong head. It gets men in trouble all the time.

I disagree. Travis was no slouch. He could have had his pick of beautiful women who would have provided what Jodi did. He states he was extremely afraid of her. She posed a threat to his reputation just as she is trying to do now and he couldn't get out of it.

Exactly, now I'm kind of curious as to who actually wrote the original Snow White presentation??? What was the name of the lady that was listed as having done that presentation? I'll have to go back and see...
Oh, I'm sure Snow White was all her. Snow White's a major theme in her works whether she wants to admit so or not - she often even asks battered women what fairy tale character they'd identify with. (Don't even get me started on that one! :banghead:)

Catherine Connell was the keynote - she's done work with the FBI on questioning adolescent crime victims. Her keynote addresses tend to follow a similar theme. She's an FBI interviewer, in her own right, and licensed clinical social worker.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members