trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived on the same road she did when this happened,but I did not know her.My daughter went to school with one of them..
Was it William Fitzpatrick that did all the yelling?

It may have been.

I was a shocked by her testimony on the stand as I was when Jodi testified.

Two total psychopaths without one dab of remorse or conscience.

IMO

From the motion:

COMES NOW, Ms. Arias, by and through undersigned counsel to request that a mistrial be declared based on the prosecutorial misconduct that has infested these proceedings with a level of unfairness that cannot be cured by any other means. Ms. Arias bases this assertion on the fact that the circus like atmosphere inside the courtroom that to date has included counsel for the State yelling at witnesses, attacking witnesses on a personal level and throwing evidence. Not content with confining his misconduct to inside the courtroom counsel for the State, pursuant to his own admissions, chose to release evidence that was not coming into evidence at trial to the media and to pose for pictures with his so called fans on the courthouse steps has turned what is supposed to be a trial that comports with the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution and Art. 2, §§ 4, 15, 23, and 24 of the Arizona Constitution into something that more closely resembles a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693. This State of affairs has placed counsel for Ms. Arias in a position that they cannot fulfill the duties they owe Ms. Arias, pursuant Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure, Rule 6.8. Counsel’s inability to fulfill these duties would thus result in Ms. Arias not having the benefit of the rights she is due pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution. Support for this Motion can be found in the attached Memorandum of Points and Authorities that is incorporated herein by reference.
MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES
I. RELEVANT FACTS
OpeningstatementsinthismatterweremadeonJanuary2,2013. Sincethattimethe State has thrown evidence and his pen, yelled at nearly every witness who took the stand in support of Ms. Arias and has hurled personal insults at defense counsel. In response to this behavior Ms. Arias has had to make several oral motions for mistrial that have beensummarily denied by this court. More recently Ms. Arias has had to make mistrial motions because the State has not confined its misconduct to inside the courtroom. Most prominent amongst this extra-curricular misconduct is his decision to pose for photographs with his “fans” outside the courthouse steps where jurors could potentially see him so doing. In further efforts to prove his case in the court of public opinion rather than a court of law on April 4, 2013, the State unapologetically admitted that it had released a plethora of damming evidence that would not otherwise come into trial to the media. Pending before this court is a motion for mistrial based on the former, Ms. Arias’ motion for mistrial based on the latter was summarily denied.
Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has ramifications that effect the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective testimony for Ms. Arias....

[Give me a freakin break...]

Ridiculous :facepalm:

Wow. Albert Einstein IQ, but Jodi can't pronounce "ameliorate" correctly? How's about "Green witch" time? Oh, yeah--she's a genius and a half!

Brought over from the previous thread.

Originally Posted by 3trees View Post
#JodiArias PS: Einstein would have taken the memory card out of the camera

Actually, Einstein would have taken the camera with him, an disposed of it like she did all the other evidence. :floorlaugh:

Well, I don't know if their court signals can be proven but it looks like they try. Problem is, moo, Wilmott will jump up to make an objection and Alyce will just keep talking for another 5 minutes. Then Juan will take her "contemporaneous" comments to hammer her in another direct. It keeps them off balance and it drives Wilmott insane. At this point, I think Alyce just looks for Wilmott's crazy eyes and she knows to s-l-o-w it down.

Alyce took her testimony on all kinds of crazy tangents, for example FBI profilers and DNA. Juan hammered her on that.

I just turned on NG and they showed the clip in which they thought JW gave a signal. They think it was just JW doing something with her hair.

This is a sample of what JA is scribbling all day long in court

r-JODI-ARIAS-COURTROOM-DRAWING-large570.jpg

I'm offended that Nurmi characterized us as "so-called fans."

I am a 100% Fan of Juan Martinez, Nurmi. He's the man, and you're throwing a temper tantrum because you just can't out-lawyer him.

To me, all these motions for mistrial serve to further underscore the defendent's inflated sense of self, arrogance, and utter lack of remorse. Although hearing about this manifesto takes the cake.

I think the closer Juan gets to the truth...the DT will stink even more than it does already of desperation.

<modsnip>

IMO, I think Juan did a great job of showing ALV's bias toward Jodi right from the get go with this.

He proved she came into this case and within the first few minutes of meeting with her, she is apoligizing that she had to read her journal entries, and ALV even admitted on the stand that she saw her as her own daughter on the stand and felt she had to apologize as if she was reading her own daughter's journal entries.

Doesn't having a daughter usually require a man to be in the picture. With someone with so much man-hatred in her, Im surprised she used her own daughter reference. Oh yeah, forgot she may think of men as just a sperm donor and maybe she could get a daughter from a sperm bank.

This ALV is not this stupid. She is purposely twisting her testimony based on a known liar, and IMO she is lying right along with Jodi. They are both evil IMO.

Who types up these motions?? Terrible grammar!

"Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has
ramifications that effect (sic) the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public
response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail,
telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal
distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective
testimony for Ms. Arias."

What are they meaning regarding Internet forums. I a. Curious!??
I recall Baez filed tons of motions tooo it's normal?

I totally agree with you. I'm not a legal expert, but I have never seen a motion starting with the words "Comes now..."

And the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693!!?!? Pray, how learned she is.

Also, apart from misspelling "damming", does she really want to call the evidence that? I'm pretty sure 'prejudicial' would have been less 'damming'.

(more to come - I'm too hungry to read this nonsense)

How is it our fault, or JM's for that matter, that their client is a shockingly brutal, lying murderer? Cases like this get attention. This is a free country with a free press. Trials are public. This one's televised. So WHAT?

This is frivolous in the extreme, but they'll waste court time----JURY time-----arguing it.

I just turned on NG and they showed the clip in which they thought JW gave a signal. They think it was just JW doing something with her hair.

I was thinking JW was going to say something when she did that.

Wow. Albert Einstein IQ, but Jodi can't pronounce "ameliorate" correctly? How's about "Green witch" time? Oh, yeah--she's a genius and a half!

Dennis Radar, the BTK killer, also fancied himself a genius and pronounced 'ruse' as 'Russ.'

:floorlaugh:

As committed as she has been to her "Jodi was abused" story, there were moments today, brief though they may have been, when I thought she was questioning her analysis. As Juan confronts her with more and more, I think she may actually distance herself from her initial opinion.

Nancy actually just said, "Booty hole." I thought I'd choke to death laughing.

DT really needs to start spending more time at the batting cage. They really need to be better prepared for all the curve balls Juan is throwing their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper