trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the point about the Salem Witch trials was that they were falsely accused and denied a fair trial. How does he equate this trial with that one? Prior to trial she wanted to plead guilty to 2nd but was denied ( no mention of self defense then BTW) and now that things are going badly she wants to claim she is falsely accused.

It's just Nurmi causing more Drama! :drama:

She wants to claim her manifesto. :rocker:

I thought the point about the Salem Witch trials was that they were falsely accused and denied a fair trial. How does he equate this trial with that one? Prior to trial she wanted to plead guilty to 2nd but was denied ( no mention of self defense then BTW) and now that things are going badly she wants to claim she is falsely accused.

Panthera is :rocker: (even though she/he is mad at at me....)(I misquoted a post a week or so ago and apologized...hope she/he saw my "I iz sorry"....)

Perhaps if you point out that the panther is superior to the grizzly, you will be forgiven.

I'm not sure if this has been answered already, if it is has my apologizes I've not been able to find it yet.

HLN, NG, DDrew, etc. lately have been showing "never before seen" videos, photos etc. How are these "never seen before" suddenly being allowed to be seen? Does anyone know if the jury has or gets to see these newly released items?

I find that the television shows are making this tragedy more like a circus ring!

Maybe they are purchasing them from the A family as a way of supporting them?

I'm glad that DH and I were able to watch about an hour of testimony together this evening, and I've appreciated and enjoyed the WS trial commentary today, but now it's time for some quality time watching our Michigan Wolverines in the NCAA final. Sleep well.

What an excellent point. Hmmm, I wonder how those little details about false accusation and a fair trial got so mixed up in this motion? Perhaps it was prepared by an amateur after all.

Its gotta pizza off the primetime TH "stable" on HLN that they have to give up their alloted airtime to pretend the trial is still live....

Would't that be iornic? :floorlaugh:

Indeed it would!
animated-smileys-laughing-327.gif
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif

public response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail, telephone and in various internet forums.

I wonder who has berated witnesses via email :what:- does KN have to provide proof of that allegation?

Also by telephone?? :what:

What's his next motion going to be - cameras out of the courtroom?

:seeya:Wilmont and Numi :seeya:

Stop whining, do your jobs, get this case overwith ASAP. Your client is guilty of 1st degree murder. Deal with it and move on.:seeya:

As committed as she has been to her "Jodi was abused" story, there were moments today, brief though they may have been, when I thought she was questioning her analysis. As Juan confronts her with more and more, I think she may actually distance herself from her initial opinion.

IMO, no way ALV will do that. I saw her brief moments you mention, but IMO they were brief moments of "Ouch. Juan got me. How can i twist this one".

A genius behind bars no less! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

OXYMORON-STICKY-300x279.jpg

Such a genius of Einstein proportions she totally messed up her premeditated murder. 1) Did not contain Travis in the shower, as planned. 2) Left a bloody hand print on the wall. 3) Left the camera in the washing machine.

And that is just the beginning. And let us not forget the .25 gun.

:doh:

MOO

I should post this on the lawyers thread, but does anyone else think this motion for mistrial was a JOKE? I mean, are they serious? It seems so ridiculous--is there a law about tone of voice, volume of voice and what a prosecutor does with his pen? (A little pen envy, Nurmi?}:floorlaugh:

Couldn't they come up with something a little less absurd?

I can't wait to watch this afternoon's trial on YouTube just so I can see what utter panic and terror the DT showed as Juan brought in "The Manifesto!" Priceless!

THis part sounds like a joke to me:

Not content with confining his misconduct to inside the courtroom counsel for the State, pursuant to his own admissions, chose to release evidence that was not coming into evidence at trial to the media and to pose for pictures with his so called fans on the courthouse steps has turned what is supposed to be a trial that comports with the rights due Ms. Arias pursuant to the 5th, 6th and 14th Amendments to the United States Constitution and Art. 2, §§ 4, 15, 23, and 24 of the Arizona Constitution into something that more closely resembles a modern day equivalent to the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693.

REALLY? The Salem Witchcraft trials? How so exactly? That makes no sense.

I wonder if that is Jodi Einstein's idea, to correlate her trial with the Salem Wichcraft trials. :giggle::einstein:

She LOVES to mention how bothered she is by having seen pictures of Jodi's genitals. It's her main pastime.

It is something you cannot "UNSEE".
I think it is burned in my memory...

I want to forget it!!!

PHOENIX - Attorneys for Jodi Arias have filed another motion for a mistrial, claiming the prosecutor acted inappropriately and said the case resembles a modern-day equivalent to the Salem witch trials.

In the motion filed on Sunday by Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmot, Arias’ defense team contends “the prosecutorial misconduct has infested these proceedings with a level of unfairness that cannot be cured by any others means.”

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...trials-ask-for-another-mistrial#ixzz2PvHHq38D

which parts stood out to you which make you feel this way?

When Juan informed her of the Applebee's story being duplicated, she admitted that she would have thought it worth investigating, from there she seemed, at times, to realize her analysis of that entire text exchange may have been off.

Respectfully snipped for space.

Thanks Tigerbalm! As usual, you are on it!

I went away for the weekend, but understand that on Friday HLN played the opening statements. Do you know if there is any video of it? I've looked around, and don't see it anywhere.

I haven't seen anyone post the HLN opening statements from Friday.

The opening statements are on youtube but missing the first 15 or so minutes of Juan's opening.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOFzQHQv7Cw"]Jodi Arias Trial Day 1 - Opening Statements W/VIDEO[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7EN8uoD-Q"]Jodi Arias Trial Day 1 (Audio Only)[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97