trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who types up these motions?? Terrible grammar!

"Note should also be made of the fact that the conduct described above has
ramifications that effect (sic) the ability of Ms. Arias to present her defense as the public
response to this unprofessional conduct has involved berating witnesses via e-mail,
telephone and in various internet forums. Said action has not only caused personal
distress to these witnesses but has made it difficult for them to provide effective
testimony for Ms. Arias."

I vote it's Nurmi all alone in his office, hunched over a keyboard with his glasses hanging from his cheeks. He looks like he has bad grammar!:floorlaugh:

I can imagine she was a tough cookie. I can imagine how she would be prosecuting this case.. These experts would not even have a chance nor Arias would not get to first base with Kelly Siegler on cross!! I watched the trial when she prosecuted Susan Wright.. Holy Smokes..

JMHO

If some think Juan screams at times they should google Stacey Castor's case sometime. She was accused of poisoning two husbands and she also poisoned her own daughter and penned a suicide note supposedly written by her daughter where the daughter said she had killed these men. Her own father and her step father. By the grace of God the daughter pulled through and testified against her murdering mother. I cant remember the Prosecutor's name at the moment but when SC was on the stand testifying he literally screamed at her at the top of his voice. :furious: He accused her of everything in the book and he was standing much further back from the witness stand than Juan but his voice boomed all through the courtroom. Juan even when he is pissed cant hold a candle to the rage the other Prosecutor had in that case.

The courtroom is not for the thin skin.

The day the courts rule that Prosecutors cant show indignation, anger and passion when fighting for justice is a day that the justice system really goes to hell.

I have never seen a DT so whiney. Never.

Anyone know what the talk about someone signaling ALV while she is on the stand? What's this all about?

The lady on JVM she is part of the panel JVM has on. Long hair, can't remember her name maybe an attorney..... Said earlier when ALV looks out into the public gallery she has a friend/group one in particular will nod head yes when she thinks alv answered the question correctly.

I was wondering if it was the Donovan lady.

Jodi TOTALLY wrote that motion, and this is how I know.....it's utterly dramatic and sophmoric. And she misspelled "damning". hee

I totally agree with you. I'm not a legal expert, but I have never seen a motion starting with the words "Comes now..."

And the Salem Witch Trials which ended in 1693!!?!? Pray, how learned she is.

Also, apart from misspelling "damming", does she really want to call the evidence that? I'm pretty sure 'prejudicial' would have been less 'damming'.

(more to come - I'm too hungry to read this nonsense)

To me, all these motions for mistrial serve to further underscore the defendent's inflated sense of self, arrogance, and utter lack of remorse. Although hearing about this manifesto takes the cake.

Nope. That was her Apologia in Absentia. It would appear the Manifesto is something new. :dunno:

Ah, yes, the Apologia. Shall we be expecting something on the order of the Confessions soon, sister? ;)

Welcome Kentucky Gal and Midwest Woman. :seeya:

:wagon:

The DT knows that their case can not stand up. This witness is going to have her testimony torn apart. That is Juan's job. They know their case is falling apart and they don't want to face it. Reminds me of a school yard bully that picks on another child until that child gets the best of them one day and they start yelling for help. I have no respect at all for this defense team.

OK, seriously, the brutal murderer can't "Hide Her Crazy" to save her worthless a$$ life...literally :floorlaugh:

If some think Juan screams at times they should google Stacey Castor's case sometime. She was accused of poisoning two husbands and she also poisoned her own daughter and penned a suicide note supposedly written by her daughter where the daughter said she had killed these men. Her own father and her step father. By the grace of God the daughter pulled through and testified against her murdering mother. I cant remember the Prosecutor's name at the moment but when SC was on the stand testifying he literally screamed at her at the top of his voice. :furious: He accused her of everything in the book and he was standing much further back from the witness stand than Juan but his voice boomed all through the courtroom. Juan even when he is pissed cant hold a candle to the rage the other Prosecutor had in that case.

The courtroom is not for the thin skin.

The day the courts rule that Prosecutors cant show indignation, anger and passion when fighting for justice is a day that the justice system really goes to hell.

I have never seen a DT so whiney. Never.

I lived on the same road she did when this happened,but I did not know her.My daughter went to school with one of them..
Was it William Fitzpatrick that did all the yelling?

i think her demeanor changed today!

Yeah, Juan isn't treating her as a hostile witness as he did with say...Samuel and Gus Searcy (rightly so).
He really is handling her with kid gloves because I believe he believes she really might've been bamboozled from jump street.

I think had she realized the entire dynamic of this nothing more than: elongated one-night stand relationship between Travis and Jodi then....perhaps she'd say murder was never an acceptable recourse. One can only hope.

Anyone know what the talk about someone signaling ALV while she is on the stand? What's this all about?

Well, I don't know if their court signals can be proven but it looks like they try. Problem is, moo, Wilmott will jump up to make an objection and Alyce will just keep talking for another 5 minutes. Then Juan will take her "contemporaneous" comments to hammer her in another direct. It keeps them off balance and it drives Wilmott insane. At this point, I think Alyce just looks for Wilmott's crazy eyes and she knows to s-l-o-w it down.

Alyce took her testimony on all kinds of crazy tangents, for example FBI profilers and DNA. Juan hammered her on that.

really really wish Judge Stephens was like Judge Perry ( work saturdays, limited approaches, admonitions for DT unprepared, judge not letting in certain ridiculous testimonly, etc) Also, what was with her allowing in the hearsay journals and letting ALV basically read each line and when JM would say objection, speculation, or objection, hearsay, judge allowed it just because she was able to preface everything with "her interpretation" she stated everything as a fact!!! realistically, we had under 2 hours of actual testimony today, it's so ridiculous, unfair to jurors, a literal circus. AND like FCA trial , this is ALSO a dp case, so why is judge allowing all these antics? ugh!~!!!

The DT knows that their case can not stand up. This witness is going to have her testimony torn apart. That is Juan's job. They know their case is falling apart and they don't want to face it. Reminds me of a school yard bully that picks on another child until that child gets the best of them one day and they start yelling for help. I have no respect at all for this defense team.

Not sure defense has gotten the message that this case is just not defendable. Of course if they'd encourage to tell their client to tell the truth for once maybe the jury might be a little sympathetic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-S8gPnaHuQ"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 42 - Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N6RlcgkprI"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 42 - Part 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AkuytrIXE4"]Jodi Arias Trial - Day 42 - Part 3[/ame]

No Sidebars:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEv6fvvVFUs"]Jodi Arias Trial : Day 42 : Juan Martinez Vs. Alyce LaViolette : Part 1 (No Sidebars)[/ame]

Clips:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJSP_WkYBp0"]Jodi Arias Trial - A History of Lying[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V7o7LPZx_c"]odi Arias Trial - Jennifer Willmott Motioning to Witness? [/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M827jkxh_I4"]Jodi Arias Trial - Low Self Esteem[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper