trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!...Mike Brooks just did the reenactment of dropping the camera and he came up with the same conclusion I did a couple weeks ago...the camera would not bounce and roll away. I did this with an old camera that looked similar and I could not get mine to bounce and roll away either no matter how many times I dropped it.

Of course it wouldn't. The camera is solid and has no properties in it to make it bounce.

Another JA lie.

MOO

Ok, So let's say they did. What the hell difference does it make? It doesn't change anything. right?

No it doesn't and I, for one, have been saying that from the beginning. I think it's reasonable and logical to assume they had sex that day. They're naked in the bedroom at the same time. Photos prove that.

But so what? To me, if they had sex that day (and I believe they did)' it makes her even WORSE. Even sicker and more twisted. But it doesn't change anything about what she's guilty of. That's the same in either case.

She could have done whatever it was to prove she had sex, to herself. In addition, we haven't seen what Jodi looks without having sex/penetration/etc. So, we can't really compare.

Actually, anatomically you can tell if a women has had sex within a certain time frame.

Frankly, and I provide the disclaimer that I don't mean to offend anybody, it is obvious from the photo's they were engaged in consensual sexual activity. To argue that Ms. Arias elaborately staged the photos as well as performed acts on herself to mimic that they had a sexual encounter, while possible, is not the optimum conclusion that can be drawn from the evidence we have as of now.

1) Jodi did not want these pictures to be seen and intended that they would never be seen. This does not speak to someone who had staged a fake sexual encounter with someone so as to blackmail someone or tarnish their name in the hopes that these photos would be used.

2) It has already been stated about the other photos, as well as the evidence within the admissible evidence, and the gyn report.

3) Mr. Alexander and Arias had sex before this encounter, even when there relationship was strained, or had taken a turn for the worse.

Whether or not they had sex means very little as to the actual murder itself, the pictures mostly prove her presence at the scene during the actual murder. However, it could provide insight into her psych, her motives for planning this, and how she was able to manipulate Mr. Alexander, a man much more physically stronger than her, into a vulnerable position. It also speaks much about their relationship itself, and why Arias attacked Mr. Alexander with such fury.

dude I don't think she could handle that. She is still of the opinion that if you send a defendant that you HAVE NEVER MET, five or six or ten books to read based on what you will be testifying to as an expert that this okay.

It wasn't prep.. just because the inmate was bored.

Yet she tells the inmate within the five minutes of meeting her that she is sorry for her domestic violence experience.

glad juan called this out: it is wrong

WOW. I had not really thought that through. Those books were for trial prep. We all commented on the BUZZ WORDS that the killer sprinkled throughout her testimony. She had all of the elements of Battered Women Syndrome noted in her tedious testimony.

So ALV gave her those books to help tailor her testimony. JMO

And the Unabomber. JA aspires to greatness.

Lol is it a criminal thingie. Just criminals do manifestos? I'm serious?

What does a manifesto represent anyway? I've heard of them but not too sure what it REALY means. Color me dumb.:floorlaugh:

Thanks everybody for the clarification that I did indeed dream testimony/websleuth postings about phantom ejaculation...I swear I read this forum in my sleep lol...

(My question really was an innocent one--this case has gone on sooooo dang long, I'm loosing track of evidence vs speculation)

I will never follow another trial...blah blah blah .....(yeah right)

Thanks everybody!

And the Unabomber. JA aspires to greatness.

Unabomber was the first one who came to my mind when I heard about this so-called Manifesto. JA really does aspire to be up there with the INFAMOUS.

:what:

MOO

I am sure we are ALL over listening to that: but just remember who was the aggressor in that recorded conversation. In fact Travis even said in that conversation that he was a virgin and didn't even masturbate until he had met the arias.

the defense brought this tape in just to highlight the fantasies but little did they know what all doors it would open otherwise.

I am so glad that lav opened up the door to these texts about stalking. Maybe now the TRUE evidence can be heard by the jury.:twocents:

I think TA had fear of Jodi but just did not listen to it. I think he felt safe in his home and thought he could handle it. I know I was in a 14 year marriage with the male version of JA. The last night I spent in the home with him, he asked me to go for a ride in the car to talk about our issues. Everything in me told me to not get in the car with him. I have no doubt he was planning something. I have no doubt if I had got in that car I would not have returned alive. Although I was still in such a horrible place with him I did still stay in the home that last night. I think the only reason he did not do anything is because my son was home and he did not think I would leave the next day. I know I am stupid for staying but I did at least list to my gut about getting in the car. I know that now but at the time I felt I was safe in my home. I did leave the next day and never returned. Some people just don't listen to their gut instinct enough. My X well..............he is now in prison.

I'm watching the testimony again and I swear it looks like Wilmott is going to have nervous breakdown. Juan makes her so crazy upset!

DH said the same thing. Willmott looked like she was going to explode and I don't know if I have seen her look so angry as today. Her whack-a-mole poppin' up was so annoying.

ETA I don't think Willmott's obvious anger did anything for her client.

I think that at one point she had second thoughts about going through with the murder and this resulted in her getting seduced into sex. But something re-triggered her murder plans (probably the fight downstairs in his office) -- which compelled her to fix her mistakes of prior sex by coercing him into the shower to wash off the DNA she left on his body. We know from the fact that she dragged his body back to the shower stall for a cleaning that her DNA being on his body was a top priority. First the reason was to wash off the vaginal fluids and then after the botched murder attempt it was to wash off her blood.

Sorry, that is waaayyyyy too big of a leap for me to take.

did anyone notice when al said why she gave ja the books it was the same answer dr,fog gave for the reason he did it...because jail can be boring

Lol is it a criminal thingie. Just criminals do manifestos? I'm serious?

What does a manifesto represent anyway? I've heard of them but not too sure what it REALY means. Color me dumb.:floorlaugh:

man·i·fes·to [man-uh-fes-toh] Show IPA
noun, plural man·i·fes·toes.
a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives, as one issued by a government, sovereign, or organization.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/manifesto?s=t

WOW. I had not really thought that through. Those books were for trial prep. We all commented on the BUZZ WORDS that the killer sprinkled throughout her testimony. She had all of the elements of Battered Women Syndrome noted in her tedious testimony.

So ALV gave her those books to help tailor her testimony. JMO

Your right and it wasn't lost on the jury either I'm sure. Almost forgot nurmi and wilmott were looking at a juror today? I wonder if they are going to make an attempt to remove another juror.?

Not sure defense has gotten the message that this case is just not defendable. Of course if they'd encourage to tell their client to tell the truth for once maybe the jury might be a little sympathetic.

i wouldn't. not at this stage in the game, after the way they completely destroyed travis' character and dragged him through the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member