trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go lay down. I might not be able to watch this afternoon, and I am so mad at myself!

Well you all hold down the fort and more importantly...

GO JUAN! Justice for Travis and his family and friends.

FGS! On that tape with Juan ALV sounds like she is in her 90s.

I'm 66 and when I answer the phone sometimes people will think I'm one of our daughters.:floorlaugh:

She just seems so old and has such outdated thinking.

If she wasn't comfortable discussing explicit sex she should have never been on this particular case.

imo

I'm 63 and consider myself somewhat conservative in my personal ethics, morals, and values, but I am by no means close-minded about contemporary issues, nor do I judge others by my standards.

I actually discussed this with my dentist this morning after he'd checked my teeth. I asked him about his kids (4 and 2), and he mostly talked about the families in homes nearby with teenagers and how he and his wife dread those years ahead. I said that I believe that children who are well-grounded in the morals and values practiced in their home, are less likely to be negatively influenced by outside forces. He agreed and said that he wouldn't worry too much about it just yet, and I said that I hoped he never had to!

was the jury there when AVL was talking about the gas cans and mesa?

Had to come back to post this. Hope it works!

ALV wants to be seen as this:

Granny.gif

But is coming across as this:

legion-granny-suck.jpg

ETA - sorry if this scared anyone!!

Dayum.."that's close...but it did
Scare me.

I wish we could see the 1 pm hearing! Judge is too secretive...

MJ ‏@caesarspalace21 3m

Notice how LV used the word 'murder'. The truth has a way of revealing itself. LV is obviously a hired gun. #JodiArias

Oops.

Are you trying to trick me Mr. Martinez ? Because I am not sure where you are going with this. Really? Wth?

She has had a defensive stance with Juan from day 1 - why would you need to go into the cross examination defensive if you were confident you had the truth on your side? You wouldn't. And she wouldn't worry about Juan trying to "trick" her if she was speaking the truth. It says volumes - she knew that what she was going to spew were half-truths and interpretations that benefit Jodi. You wouldn't be so scared otherwise, you don't have that fear if you really believe you are telling the truth.

Earlier on, when he really started grilling her, he asked her a tough question and her eyes darted over to the DT table, and he said commandingly: " Don't look over there, I am asking the over questions here..." [ paraphrased]

HLN will probably play that part of the proceedings around... let's see...
7ish??? O.M.Geeee!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

For those who were inquiring earlier... WildAboutTrial said if you go to the Google App store and search "wildabouttrial" you can download their app for live viewing on a device.

It does not work! thank you.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

right. she lays her left hand right on that table and SHOWS det. flores where her left ring finger was cut by the ninjas. points to the line where it's healed. explains how messed up the finger is now. the ninjas did it! that was her first story and the only one remotely related to the truth.

She is left handed. With a knife in her hand, stabbing someone in a frenzy, it wouldn't take much to cut herself. IMO she lacerated an extensor tendon and cannot straighten her finger completely as a result. If it had happened ANY other way/date she would have sought treatment!

but her whole testimony relies on hearsay. how is this any different? and why is an interview between the detective and her dad hearsay?

She can rely on hearsay, as an expert. But that doesn't mean the jury gets to see it.

It is hearsay because the dad is not in court making the statement.

Alice sure is taking this as Personal. Makes for an unprofessional witness. Not to mention a down right lousy one at that.

It didn't happen today. Some juanderful WSer might be able to pull up the video of that day. He showed the messages written in the spine area of the mag, and had a print out of the lines of the messages, which he showed on the overhead projector (are they still called that?) I can't remember which day of the trial it was done, someone else help?

It was during JM's cross of Jodi. He presented her the disparate pieces in correct order, and she seemed pleased as punch to read the complete message, giving the F-word a little extra flourish.

HLN will probably play that part of the proceedings around... let's see...
7ish??? O.M.Geeee!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If you really want to tear your hair out, watch HLN and listen them telling the audience over and over again how LIKEABLE Miss ALV is! :what::what:

Are we on a break now? I have meatballs and spaghetti.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I broiled a steak, and made mash potato's, and green peas for dinner..

My darling husband has been eating cold sammies, crock pot meals since the start of this trial..Thought I would surprise him tonight lol

ready for court...bring on JM!

That stuff about her being old-fashioned was also big. With Demarte and definitely in closing, Juan will paint a picture of defense "experts" who not only showed clear bias but also are stuck in the 70s in their mindset. Defense will paint Demarte as "inexperienced"; Juan will turn it to be "current". The jury will be saying, "Finally! An expert who is not a dinosaur!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member