trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #130

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate hate HATE the way ALV uses "Mr Martinez" in an antagonistic tone. She might do it to try and redress the balance of power, as she seems to do it whenever he's one-upping her or whenever he has her flustered (which is a lot). Its not only irritating and childish but incredibly unprofessional. If she spoke to a man with temper problems and a domestic violence problem in a psychotherapy situation with the attitude she is displaying today he'd likely go home enraged.

Earlier on, when he really started grilling her, he asked her a tough question and her eyes darted over to the DT table, and he said commandingly: " Don't look over there, I am asking the over questions here..." [ paraphrased]

One of my favorite Juan moments!

Don't forget the big revelation. Jodi cut her finger while cutting apples, totally irreconcilable with the story she told on the stand (cutting it while picking up glass). Three stories for the finger cut now. Why? Because she can't keep her lies straight and is trying to coverup the fact that her "broken" finger occurred on June 4th, which negates her story of domestic violence on Jan 22nd, as well as her allegation of pedophilia. This IS big for me, and hopefully the jury considers it big too.

Yep, it looked like JA whispered "juror number three" to JW, JW looked at her and JA repeats "juror number three".ed

Why was the jury excused for the 9 second snippet of the dad's police interview? I would think hearing things from people close to it would be pertinent and valuable information for the jury.

I mean how much plainer can it be?

She appears to be utterly clueless about how this inconsistency goes against Jodi's credibility regarding the "incident" on Jan 22nd of 2008, where she alleges that Travis kicked and broke her finger. By giving multiple stories (three in fact), this indicates that she has a sinister reason to lie about the bandaged finger injury observed by several people after the murder. That reason of course is that one of the stories can be used to explain away her "broken" finger and therefore destroy her credibility. When she was interrogated on July 15th, she gave the first known story of this "broken" finger, attributing its deformity to a CUT, incurred on June 4th during the murder. This story created for Jodi a serious problem. Two years later, she wanted to attribute it to a fabricated account of physical violence to give her new defense strategy some form of corroboration but her prior story given on July 15th presented her with a conflict.

So she thought up another story for the bandaged finger, switching the finger injury to the right hand and testifying that she received it while picking up glass at Travis's house (she did try to obfuscate it a bit with the healed finger cut on May 30th). But now we learn that she told ANOTHER story about this cut finger to ALV, one that is irreconcilable with the story she gave on the stand. She failed to be consistent with her lies and this further exposes the truth concerning that bandaged finger -- it was indeed the finger on her left hand as she originally implied on July 15th and that her finger deformity did come as the result of a cut that severed her tendon. Why else the lies?

FGS! On that tape with Juan ALV sounds like she is in her 90s.

I'm 66 and when I answer the phone sometimes people will think I'm one of our daughters.:floorlaugh:

She just seems so old and has such outdated thinking.

If she wasn't comfortable discussing explicit sex she should have never been on this particular case.

imo

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

Based on ALV's testimony yesterday and this morning, it's become crystal clear why the defense team didn't want the prosecutor to have Ms. LaViolette's personal notes from interviews with the defendant. :)

How did it go today? I couldn't watch. What were the best things that happened and the worst, if anyone has the time!!!!

Best bi for me was Juan telling the Judge he was trying to impeach LAV when Wilmott raised an objection due to LAV's notes not being in evidence.

I'm old fashioned.

I review DV cases but I have no idea how to read an email or text.

What's KY?

DAm7Ghfl.jpg

I'm old fashioned, what's this "foreplay" I keep hearing kids talk about these days?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Totally worth You Tubing! My favorite part today was when JM called out LAV for looking at the DT for hep. "NO NO NO, don't look over there. I am asking the question."

Dog...I gotta go watch that!! :great:

Interesting, if that's the angle she and the defense are going for.. choosing her as their expert..."expert" witness for the "granny" factor.

There are so many elements of perception or misperception judgements in this case, as there are in life and every situation we find ourselves in (I've been reading a fantastic book that addresses this)... how we gravitate and relate to those similiar to us (iirc there are several older jurors on the panel now) and how we are so quick to assign certain traits to people who fit into a specific category (ie: "older granny types" = innately trustworthy, wise, honest, compassionate, etc).

In the book I'm reading the author discusses how important it is to constantly assess each person you encounter with the same critical skills and how not to be fooled by superficialities. How to keep yourself safe from being manipulated, getting hurt or harmed, and so on. Very interesting. I haven't been thinking about JA as I read this book but it's applicable to the case and these players and it's interesting now with ALV too.
Maybe you should send her a copy, lol.:seeya:

They both sounded garbled...At the beginning, I thought it was another sex tape!

:what:

Between JM and ALV? Noooooooooooooo
OMG
OMG
OMG

I need brain bleach now.

Then again, Juan has us :) Bad luck ALV

In case she missed it, thank you again to Weebles for her great posts! (can't get my smilies to work!) Love those kitties!

You are welcome. I find the images can sum up what I am feeling far better sometimes than words can during the testimony especially after learning 90% of communication is non verbal

I'm hoping that JM has something really "special" for ALV to share with the jury.

Otherwise, I think it would have been very effective for him to end with her after ALV testified that DB had been contacted in late May so that JA could borrow the gas cans for her long trip to Mesa...premeditation/lying on the stand.

For those who were inquiring earlier... WildAboutTrial said if you go to the Google App store and search "wildabouttrial" you can download their app for live viewing on a device.

i'm very confused by her saying that because it happened after the murder, JA's flirtiness with men at work----manipulation, according to HER BOSS---wasn't surprising.

how is that not surprising?? why in the world would an abused woman who killed her abuser be flirting with men 11 days after??

I totally agree. She can't forget her glasses every single time she sits in the witness box. It is "beyond the pale" to expect anyone to believe this. It is definitely a manipulative move on her part.

This drives me crazy. You have been on the stand 7 days. Shouldn't you assume by now that you will need your glasses!! :banghead:

I was getting really annoyed at the judge. Every time JM told the judge she was being non-responsive, she would just tell him to ask another question! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member