trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Arias isn't bothered at all about her 'judgment' day, or the likelihood of her receiving a death penalty verdict. I'm sure she is looking forward to years of appeals, and relying on death being overturned down the road.

Flores warned her Juan Martinez was the best, and I think she revels in these day to day 'scores' against him. They are what she is focused on at the moment.

I bet she has already reconciled herself to life behind bars. She is probably having a ball in jail, manipulating the two-bit inmates, and creating drama.

Once she gets to the big house, and runs up against the big time players, I can well see her ending up like Jeffrey Dahmer.

I agree. She is a sociopath and is very malleable depending on her situation. She can adapt to anything.

I don't think it even bothers her sitting in jail.

I know a lot of people feel otherwise, but I have a real problem with referring to non physical abuse as domestic violence. Call it abuse, violence is something different.

Most clarify it by calling it emotional abuse. There is also a kind of domestic violence that happens only once in the relationship. A spouse can beat the holy crap out of you one time and never do it again for years. After that he only has to verbally rage or throw things around and you will walk on egg shells in fear of being beaten again. You know what can happen if you don't cower or succumb.

Emotional abuse is very terrifying after you have been physically beaten. Many women say they could take a punch but could not deal with always being in fear waiting for it to happen.

Jodi was not abused. She did not depend on TA for money, food or shelter. They had no children together. She moved 1000 miles away. He didn't threaten or coerce her back. He was not even emotionally abusive. They argued like many couples do, enough that they broke up. It's hard to think of anyone getting the better of Jodi in an argument.

I have been watching the review of the trial from yesterday. At first I was beginning to wonder why JM would continue to get LV to agree to a certain point, then just let it go because she would not answer yes or no.

That was driving me crazy--like why go after a yes or no answer then say "if you can not give me a yes/no answer we will move on"

Now I have realized any minutia he gets on the record in his cross of LV is open to questions from the jury. So he may have a combative witness refusing to cooperate, but when the Judge asks her the questions from the jury--she will have to be direct.

So brilliant again , Juan is just setting her up for him to get those answers from the jury questioning. yes?

I wondered this too when he was grilling JA. Was it possible that everytime he couldn't get a straight answer he saw a jury question and decided to see what they want to know and then when his turn came around again after the jury questions he knew what points to clarify.

Probably oversimplifying JM total frustration with the witnesses!

K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
Thank you. I agree, she clearly wasn't 'briefed' properly by the defence, she has been used.

StephaniehartPI

"Used" is exactly the word I was searching for! I wonder if we got her alone at El Torito over a nice margarita she wouldn't just say "what the heck just happened to me..."

I very rarely disagree with either of you, but in this case I do. I don't think she was used at all. I firmly believe she had all of the information available to her. She is just choosing to ignore a lot of it. Even yesterday, JM got her to admit things that she knew but chose to ignore.

Her attitude tells me that no matter what information she has, she will always side with Jodi. Period. I also sense that she is not only a DV "Expert", but has a problem with the DP. My impression is that even if she watched Jodi butcher Travis, she would still justify it, because Jodi was abused. :twocents:

I have been watching the review of the trial from yesterday. At first I was beginning to wonder why JM would continue to get LV to agree to a certain point, then just let it go because she would not answer yes or no.

That was driving me crazy--like why go after a yes or no answer then say "if you can not give me a yes/no answer we will move on"

Now I have realized any minutia he gets on the record in his cross of LV is open to questions from the jury. So he may have a combative witness refusing to cooperate, but when the Judge asks her the questions from the jury--she will have to be direct.

So brilliant again , Juan is just setting her up for him to get those answers from the jury questioning. yes?

That makes sense, she cannot avoid the jury questions. Plus it looks really bad for the defense when Martinez can just leave his question out there with their expert being evasive and non responsive

I've never seen this, but found it via on Twitter this morning. It's a link to the original "Grandparents' robbery" police report on May 26. Someone may have posted it already.

If this is not the proper place for it, mods, please remove and forgive. I'm still learning. Thank you! :)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/578675_445525565523591_1442853505_n.jpg

Has it ever been addressed if the DVD player, that she had to go back to give to remote to Daryl, is the same model as the one that was stolen?

Help! Where the "time out" comment, please? TIA!!

I missed it too in the live testimony but heard it on DD or one of those shows last night. If anyone has a clip or knows the time in the youtube videos, will you please share?

I understood the reason she gave, that it was apologizing for having to breech her privacy by reading her journals but it STILL show bias. You wouldn't apologize to a vicious murderer for reading their journals in your effort to save them from death row, but you would apologize for it to a poor helpless victim of DV and circumstance.

I think this shows she came in with bias - against men and against the death penalty. Those diaries were nothing more than another piece of 'collateral' evidence, and if she were an unbiased professional she would have seen them as same.

No earthly reason to apologise to your case study. IMO

If so, I missed it. I know she said 'homicide' once or twice. I also caught today that I missed yesterday that JM used 'murder' as part of a question ("...five days after the murder..."). JW shockingly failed to object and ALV didn't bat an eye.

It seems to me that JW is very wet behind the ears. She does not appear to have tried many cases. Is she a DP qualified defense lawyer or just Nurmi? Anyway, Jodi's constant whispering in JW's ear while she is the lawyer responsible for objections is extremely distracting. I would never allow a client to do that. That's what paper and pen(cils) are for.

I wonder how ALV would do with Kelly Siegler as a prosecutor questioning her.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cameron Diaz dancing around in Spiderman Underoos. Towards the end of video.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, probably has but I just thought of it today. It made Men's Health's top 10 sexiest scenes for that year. Chosen by their readership (is over 12 mil mostly mainstream, regular non-deviants)

www.youtube.com/FV3-1TsnoIchttp://www.youtube.com/embed/FV3-1TsnoIc

And all the sextimony continues to baffle me. It isn't deviant, what they did. Ask any male/male couple. I found it interesting that with all her vast experience in counseling abuse victims she would be more comfortable with discussing it in a professional way. This tells me that she hasn't had much experience with this because it is NOT a common form of abuse.

I do wonder why they do not use the term, sodomy. Maybe because it is a legal term and they are thinking ahead to the civil lawsuits that will surely follow?

Sure she was being used. However in my opinion she allowed it. She knew her work was biased and shoddy. It is what it is. IMO

JMO - I view her work as much worse than biased and shoddy, in fact I view it as down right deceptive. The reason I get to that conclusion is that in November 2012, she had not bothered to listen to the phone tape as she admits to JM while on the stand. It is after her meeting with JM in November 2012 that she finally decides that perhaps she should listen to it. She freely admits that listening to it did not change her view. That is important because she believed TA recorded it and told JM that. In addition, she seems to be totally incapable, with all her experience, to hear in that tape the same things that we hear - Jodi was leading this conversation, Jodi is the one who initiates the sexual side of the conversation and that TA sounds like he is half asleep and Jodi continues to rattle on and on and on keeping him from sleep. She sees no manipulation in Jodi faking her little orgasims, or anything that she does. JMO had there been a video recorder of Jodi murdering Travis - she will still have the same carp opinion she has spewed on the stand. Biased and shoddy are tactful descriptions of outright intentional deception IMO.

I have a feeling Arias isn't bothered at all about her 'judgment' day, or the likelihood of her receiving a death penalty verdict. I'm sure she is looking forward to years of appeals, and relying on death being overturned down the road.

Flores warned her Juan Martinez was the best, and I think she revels in these day to day 'scores' against him. They are what she is focused on at the moment.

I bet she has already reconciled herself to life behind bars. She is probably having a ball in jail, manipulating the two-bit inmates, and creating drama.

Once she gets to the big house, and runs up against the big time players, I can well see her ending up like Jeffrey Dahmer.

4 years behind bars she has settled in nicely. That's actually a long time? We might not think that, but think about where we were in June of 2008. I had both my parents here, I was working a few days in Seal Beach, the rest of the week here.

Fast forward to April 2013. I have a completely different life...both parents died within weeks of each other in Oct and Dec 2008 for the most part, very unexpected. I ended up giving up that position at work because I was here caring for them at the end. And now it taken me into a completely new line of work. Albeit one I was doing somewhat all along in my line of work, but I have a completely different life.

Her 4 years would have her settled in nicely and the American Idol star no less and she is used to cheese sandwiches and showering once a week and she has become quite the pencil and pen thief.

OT but is anyone else having problems with the thanks button? I will thank a post and when I refresh, my thanks is gone, so I have to thank it again.

Morning all! :seeya: I wish JM's first question of the day was "Maam, do you have your glasses with you Maam?"

Well, I'm just trying to catch up on Juan's cross of ALV. It is interesting how she is always trying to use a "qualifier" with her yes / no answers. I just love it when ALV says the answer is "yes, with a qualifier", then Juan just says "alright", then moves on without her being allowed to "qualify" it. Doesn't matter one iota if she "qualifies" it or not, Juan got his "yes". :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ