trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but the split screen of NG and Kim Goldman is a joke. Kim Goldman has real lighting while NG has this soft lighting as if she's angelic.

Defense probably did not want ALV to write a report as Jodi was changing her story monthly....and didn't they fight to keep out ALV's notes?

Those new shower pics are nasty.

With the urine etc... this tells me Travis acutally died in the shower?

Thoughts?

I'm not sure that's urine. It could be fluid from any one of his organs as he decomposed. I don't want to get graphic, but think of rotting food in a trash can/bag; there are all sorts of fluids that come from that. I imagine the human body is the same way.

I wonder if these professionals have the option to sue the defense attorneys for giving them half to zero truths thus causing their careers to be flushed down the commode? haha

That's the reason I lean toward thinking she is sincere. She seems genuinely surprised when Juan brings up evidence to which she has not been privy.

Wow. That is one scary story.

Amazing.
I don't think it is coincidence Juan using 'gatekeeper' of the truth today when talking to LAV.
Juan will most certainly be aware of the case you linked to.
Someone also mentioned today in an earlier thread about how many peoples lives ALV has screwed up with her phony testimony.

Here's a case that will curl your hair:

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2015427070_greenberg26m.html

It's about a psychologist who testified in many, many custody cases.

Thank you.
A horror story. But it runs deep, and IMO he was likely protected at high levels, and gives many clues to that. Reminded me a bit of Donald Ewen Cameron who publicily was head of Canadian, American and Intnl Psychiatric orgs. with many honors. You can read at wiki what he was really up to.

Your article contains the once-acclaimed psychologist stating, "The data is that psychologists are no better than anyone else at determining when someone's lying based on interview."

That's the reason I lend toward thinking she is sincere. She seems genuinely surprised when Juan brings up evidence to which she has not been privy.

But then she switches quickly to angry/combative/competitive with him. That's not sincerity. That's a ginormous ego.

Just heard Jean tell Nancy Grace the JURY has put in so many questions after Juan got up there they cant count them!!!! GO JUAN GO!!!!! I imagine they are so mad at the defense for LYING TO THEM TOO! ALV CAN"T BE THIS SNIPPY AT THEIR QUESTIONS!!!!

I said this earlier today and I'll repeat it here. It will be very interesting to hear those questions and to see how JSS directs the witness to answer them. Like rein her in to yes or no answers and not allow her to ramble on.

I'll be very interested in the questions themselves. JM has opened the door on so many things.

Addendum: by sincere I do not mean unbiased or ethical. Just that she believes her own BS.

This trial may ruin Cinnebon and Starbucks for me, fine. But it WILL NOT ruin one of my favorite movies!

I've never been a fan of Starbucks (apologies to devotees) and have never had a Cinnabon (I don't do sweets), but I will never again call myself an "old-fashioned girl". Before ALV referred to herself as "old-fashioned" in court today, I had always considered that I've maintained the "mid-western" values with which I was raised a good thing. After ALV's testimony, not so much.

Peeps, I moved the link to the newly-released photos to the media and timeline thread upstairs. Please note--that is a no-discussion thread. :tyou:

In the last two pics, what is that rectangular outline in blood?

It looks to me like where the glass had been laying while TA was still in there. See how it gets wider at the top, and the angle of the glass?

Originally Posted by beeshie View Post
I'm confused about something Juan's doing. He made the point today that the reason Jodi didn't write about her jealousy was because of the law of attraction. Right? Did I miss something and therefore am getting this wrong? Because earlier in the trial the defense said she didn't write about the abuse because of the law of attraction. Yet, Juan said she didn't write about it because it didn't happen.

So Juan's trying to have it both ways and I think that's a big mistake with this jury. Frankly, I'm disappointed in him.

He is trying to point out that if she is gonna base her assessment on the journals as part of her assessment and that she showed NO SIGNS of jealousy thru her journal writings..couldn't it be true that since she didn't write about her abuse in her journals cuz it was against the law of attraction, couldn't it be she also didn't write about her jealousy issues since jealousy is considered negative behavior. Therefore her assessment is based on half truths and purposeful omissions and she therefore can't make a proper assessment.

I wonder if ALV is found to be so biased or the bases of her opinions so unscientific if that could be grounds for Appeals for those convicted based on her testimony?

I don't know if it's a "you brought to the dance, now dance with her" deal.

And ALV calling the father an abuser and liar when she has never talked with the man. Has no clue if what Jodi said was true or not. I can see initially when Jodi was arrested them being truthful to LE.

ITA. Cindy Anthony was truthful in her 911 calls. After that she went off the rails, but she was truthful in those calls. George Anthony was truthful for much longer, and gave agonizing testimony against his daughter in front of a Grand Jury. Both of them jumped on the FCA bandwagon at some point, but they were truthful at the beginning when everything hit the fan.

I think JA's parents are no different in that respect. It took them a bit of time to circle the wagons, but I think those LE interviews (from the little we've seen) are truthful.

I am disgusted at this expert and how little she went "outside the box" with her so called investigation. This defendant is a proven liar. Wouldn't you think she would at least interview other people close to the defendant to corraborate her story? Uhm, past boyfriends would be a good place to start? And TA's other lady friends? Her testimony is not at all credible to me given that it's based on the writings of, and interviews with, a lying liar.

Can someone tell me what happens after a verdict is reached. How many days until the penalty phase starts (mini-trial) and how long does that usually take? Days? Weeks? Months?

She did ask the judge if she could slip out during one of the lengthy sidebars, and she got the nod.

ETA: I remember now, it was when the jury were out and the sidebar was about the father's short video

Thanks for catching that. I didn't see it.

I missed most of todays' testimony but it sure seems she cannot answer "Yes" and "No".

And the biasness? Come on, ALV, have you met Travis? No. I personally, could not come up with a DV "foundation" unless I met both parties. moo

ALV knows very well what JA is. She knows she was so wrong and did a horrible job and was very irresponsible with her lack of looking at all sides and her judgement of JA and contempt for TA.

However, we will never, ever hear her say that.

I'm sure we all know "but" people as I call them. When one has some sort of confrontation with these people, even about the color of the sky, they will always, always be right. You tell them to look up and see that the color is blue, they look up and say, but........blah blah blah purple.

This will go on for hours, hours of but's and blah blah blah's. Finally you just give up and just agree to what ever it is they are saying just to stop the but's.

But (no pun intended, lol), don't think for one second that they believe what they are saying. All they care about is that they won in the end.

ALV, is a but person. I think Juan needs to quickly bring out his points keep her blah blah blahs to a minimum and be done with her now. She will never concede as WRONG as she is. I hope the jury see's ALV for the "but" person she is.:banghead:

I've never been a fan of Starbucks (apologies to devotees) and have never had a Cinnabon (I don't do sweets), but I will never again call myself an "old-fashioned girl". Before ALV referred to herself as "old-fashioned" in court today, I had always considered that I've maintained the "mid-western" values with which I was raised a good thing. After ALV's testimony, not so much.

BBM

Caribou is soooo much better! My apologies to those who don't have Caribou in their state or city for teasing them with this, but the caramel apple high rise from Caribou is awesome. I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove