trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems so odd to me. Maybe one of our lawyers can tell us if this is normal or not but it seems, on the face of it, amateurish.

If Alv doesn't write a report then is no report to provide to the prosecution ...and they don't have the knowledge of exactly what the DT is going to present at trial. It is more difficult to prepare cross examination if you don't have a report.

This is a DT strategy.

Sorry I did not put in a graphic warning when posting the link, in part because there was no body in those photos. Glad you placed them now in the reference section.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to put in that warning. Some of us don't do the photos. I can sit here a discuss gun shots and stab wounds and blood spatter without a problem (much), but I can't even stand to look at the photos of Travis in the shower when he was alive. Can't really explain why.

Can someone tell me what happens after a verdict is reached. How many days until the penalty phase starts (mini-trial) and how long does that usually take? Days? Weeks? Months?

Don't know the answer to your good question, but I wanted to thank you for popcorn dude!!

I just thought of something as I am watching DDrew replay of end of last few minutes of JM's cross today. ALV says "she's not controlling anyone with her jealousy" with regard to JM's question about JA's behaviors after break ups with Bobby and Matt. Well I hope she can see that JA's jealousy rose to a whole new level with Travis and I believed her jelousy led her to use sex to control him and then blackmail to control him.

ALV doesn't think MM and Jodi were broken up yet, but then right after calls Bianca his gf. Which is it that ALV believes? Also, she doesn't think showing up didn't freak Bianca out because Jodi says she wasn't confrontational.

MKULTRA. 'Nuff said.

Yes, but please realize that it was decades after the fact that any of that became publicly known. And only because of 1 or 2 Senators--who were railroaded out of office subsequently--had great integrity. Nowadays such things will never see the light of day.

I'm beginning to think Juan wrote the Webster dictionary :)

BBM

I agree and I softened towards her a bit this afternoon once I realized that much of the pertinent info was kept from her by the defense. They kind of hung her out to dry , AND ALSO, as you pointed out, she was from the old school of DV, which was much more cut and dry and gender and anger based. JMO

I agree to a certain extent. But, if she's going to be touted as an expert and getting the pay of an expert, then it is her job to know what she is talking about and update herself to relevancy.

ALV doesn't think MM and Jodi were broken up yet, but then right after calls Bianca his gf. Which is it that ALV believes? Also, she doesn't think showing up didn't freak Bianca out because Jodi says she wasn't confrontational.

ALV is changing her testimony "on the fly"....pretty sure all those guys in the jury at not missing it.

Can't wait for the questions!:fence:

great catch!!

WoW!! What a day you guys!! Our Juan is just so.. Well, he's just so damn Juanderful and I fully believe this is NOT just about his winning a case as a Prosecutor.. IMO he is fighting so hard for Travis!! He is fighting to right what wrong this evil creature has done ON TOP OF SLAUGHTERING HIM.. As in not only is he fighting for JUSTICE for Travis in seeing his killer convicted and sentenced to death, but just as important Juan is going way above and beyond just what is his duty as Prosecutor.. He is setting the record straight about the slaughtering of Travis' character and who he was as a living, breathing, innocent man.. The slaughtering of his character that this vile being and her team have done throughout this trial.. IMO this is exactly why we see Juan fighting so diligently and determined with a relentless fierceness that literally covers me in goosebumps as I watch him in action with that exact fierce determination for Travis and his loved ones!!

This man is doing what's only right and IMO its just the way Juan is, its what he is made of, and its what makes him the sharp *advertiser censored* Prosecutor that he is.. And I must say I have such respect and admiration for this man that goes sooooooo waaaay far beyond just crushing on the Prosecutor of a high profile case.. I very much believe that what Juan's made of is exactly what fuels the awe inspiring way in which he handles himself, the case, and most importantly the victim and their loved ones for whose behalf that is fighting this fierce battle ..

It's exactly why I, for one saw nothing even remotely humorous with ALV's straight outta the gate remark of, "Mr. Martinez are you mad at me for something?".. I was livid because I feel as tho it's glaringly obvious why this Prosecutor is forced to have the aggressive demeanor with ALV, Dr. Dick, and especially with the murderer, herself. He's forced to due to blasphemous, blatant, slanderous lies with which they have chosen to testify to in this court of law.. Yes, Miss ALV there is a damn good reason for why the Prosecutor comes outta the gate aggressively and straight to the point.. It's a direct result of your having chosen to take part in the slaughtering of an already slaughtered man's character, memory, and any legacy this innocent, young man had made for himself In his extremely, short life here on this earth!!*

Juan is righting the wrong for which you, Miss ALV and the other paid circus performers have blatantly taken part in.. So, instead of being a smart *advertiser censored*, fame wh*re under the guise of DV expert witness you should sit down, STFU, and answer the Prosecutors questions with yes and/or no so that you may.. So that may just walk away from this extremely poor choice on your part with some tiny semblance of a continued or future career in your field.. If you so choose not to take that advice then you and your little boxing ring groupies will be the only people that you will ever, ever, ever dream of having in your corner or on your side Miss LaViolette..

Juan will succeed and the exact reason that he will succeed is because this man Absolutely has what it takes to get this huge job done in fighting and winning justice for Travis' being slaughtered in successfully convicting this defendant to death row.. As well as he will also succeed in righting the wrong that's taken place in this very courtroom of again slaughtering Travis Victor Alexander's character, life lived, memory, and legacy left behind from his extremely short life here on this earth!

IMO that's exactly what this about, IMO that's exactly what the hell matters, and IMO you damn well better believe that is exactly what the hell this Prosecutor, Juan Martinez will see through to fruition.. You know why? *Because that's what this man is all about and that's what this man is made of and he has exactly what it takes to demand these things on behalf of this victim, Travis Alexander and his many loved ones!!!!!

And that my friends is exactly what I fully believe we will witness.. I have faith in this jury that they are right there with Juan and IMO they want to see justice served on behalf of the ONE AND ONLY VICTIM THERE IS IN THIS CASE, TRAVIS!

I am interested if JM will pull out JA's interrogation piece where she admits she had some jealousy... Is JA admitting jealousy not enough for ALV to believe JA had jealousy?? FFS!

HLN is over. ALV looked like she'd been run over by a Mac Truck. Another day with Juan awaits her. Wonder if she'll get a good nights sleep....?

If Alv doesn't write a report then is no report to provide to the prosecution ...and they don't have the knowledge of exactly what the DT is going to present at trial. It is more difficult to prepare cross examination if you don't have a report.

This is a DT strategy.
This is EXACTLY why she didn't write a report, and it was like pulling teeth to geteven the frickin the notes. The DT fought and fought it.
I'm wondering now if DeMarte wrote a report, because Alyce seemed to know DeMarte's opinion in some of her testimony.

HLN IS STILL ON....I wonder when court is letting out for the day? Good Lord!

When it gets time for NG and Dr. Drew those shows are taped before court adjourns for the day. What they are showing is not live.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member