trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #132

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't Juan ask the Judge for permission to treat the witness as hostile? Or have I watched too many law & orders?

You've watched too many law & orders. All that declaring a witness hostile does is allow a lawyer on direct to cross examine their own witness.

Amaxing how she can get lost in her coloring while they are at sidebar, and talking about things that bother her.

Hostile witness. Cuff her and take her away!

JTOL.......does ALV have a doggie door? A car with tires? Is she on Facebook? Email and bank accounts? Would she call it stalking if it happened to her?

I think it is time for the defense team to get their jury consultant in for observation so that they can get some advice about how LaViolette is coming across to the jury. :floorlaugh:

Juan is NOT letting her get away with her crap anymore. He has had enough and I hope the judge has had enough too and slaps her with a contempt charge.

I don't understand how anyone can defend someone who has admitted to savagely killing someone! Why?!

ALV's conduct is absolutely deplorable. She should be thoroughly ashamed.

Carpool ran slow today. I think I've missed something good? Thank God for y'all and Youtube.

Hello all. I'm a lurker who couldn't help but post:seeya: Want to thank you all for the great questions. I haven't been here since Anna Nicole Smith, but it's nice to know you guys are still here. Forgive me if I'm really rusty at this.

Welcome. Glad you are a supporter.

If she won't attribute fear to Travis through 'words', how can she attribute fear to JA, since all she has is her words on that as well. She hasn't witnessed any of this, except through written, spoken, and recorded words.

The judge allows this. And so does the defense. If i was the defense I would be furious with Ms. Laviolette. I would tell her to simply answer yes or no and indicate whether there are any qualifiers and that I WOULD TAKE CARE OF THOSE ON REDIRECT!
Doesn't she understand that?

Can I say I have been yelling animatedly for the last ten minutes? I actually missed some of the testimony. I couldn't get over her refusal to say whether stalking was on the chart or not.

Have you ever seen anything like this? Ever?

So, let me get this straight:

Jodi tells ALV that she was physically abused, without corroboration=truth.
Travis tells someone that he is extremely afraid of Jodi, and there IS corroboration by other sources=false.

?

Yep. The DV expert didn't see any basis for a male to be fearful. But if Travis grabs Jodi by the wrist then kisses her he's abusive and well no wonder she killed him. What a crock

she is going to answer yes or no by the end of the day

tumblr_mhmo0rE3Qa1ruy5p4o1_500.gif

Hi been following this trial from the beginning and found this site sometime in January. Finally after reading so many posts about how many quests are present I decided to register.
Just want to say thank you to everyone for your thoughts throughout this, I've looked forward to reading everyday.
My thought on ALV is I can't believe I heard someone on dr drew refer to her as "like able" last night. I do not find her to come off as like able at all. I find her to be combative, disrespectful, and unprofessional. I do not understand how the judge allows her to act this way. It is extremely frustrating watching JM try and get a simple answer from her.

I have now entered...Alyce's World...where definitions change on a whim, and only she can interpret the continuum.

Yes... and things have been "left off" her continuum when she realizes it's not working in her favor, just like RS "forgot" to list some of JA's answers indicating her PTSD.

So, let me get this straight:

Jodi tells ALV that she was physically abused, without corroboration=truth.
Travis tells someone that he is extremely afraid of Jodi, and there IS corroboration by other sources=false.

?

AND there is no secondary gain for Travis!

I used to think ALV was being defensive of JA but it's not just that - I think she's aware of how she is looking and she's fighting for her career and all the years she has spent in DV.

I think you're right - she doesn't want to get caught "manipulating" the truth. It'll open her up for professional sanction and give her enemies AMMUNITION!! But she is just making it worse for herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ