trial day 44: the defense continues its case in chief #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also noticed the close-talking and deep eye contact between JA and JW. I'm not one that gets weird about women having a close relationship; I am sensing something different here than just "friendship". At the very least, I think there is a girl-crush going on at the defense table.

I think its a variation of Stockholm Syndrome. Arias is falling in love with JW because she is defending her honor.

HLN is sort of talking like Juan is done???? I did not hear what he said at the very end before judge called recess......he did not say "I don't have anything else, did he?????

HLN :furious: I hope they know they have lost a lot of viewers during this trial. I will NEVER watch HLN again. And that HLN After Dark or whatever it''s called is a shame.

FYI...the name Arias is hispanic...and DNA testing show a lot of native americans are related to Asian haplogroups.

Hey Anita! Where ya been?

Hiya Bex! I've been following the trial via twitter/HLN when I can. (The Richkids have been keeping me so dang busy!) I've missed posting with you guys, but it seems when I get time to get online I cannot catch up on the threads! ;)

Bribing the Richboy with playing at the park so he'll nap during afternoon trial. See you all when I get back! :seeya:

I hope this is OK to post from court's website. If it has already been posted, please excuse:

4/10/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/10/2013 NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013

I wonder if someone in jail contacted LE about the journals.....perhaps implicating there was something of interest to Le in them??

Much the same as yesterday as far as the morning session went...

Total court time expected...170 minutes
Actual court time......111 minutes
Actual testimony time.....66 minutes
Total JW objections....32
Objections sustained.....6
Total sidebars......10
Longest continuous testimony.....18 minutes
Average continuous testimony.......less than 2 minutes.

Just so you know.....:what:

Very cool. I like reading stuff like this, but have no patience to actually gather the data. Well done.

Got up late so watching the first part now .. OMG Juan is so yummy ... right from the first question .. I really don't know what to say about ALV .. her testimony is flying in the face of credibility now, even when she is presented with facts. Recalcitrant. Then when she has to admit a fact after denying it she twists it to help the defence. By doing this she's skewered her own credibility, I think the jury will ignore her entire testimony.

Nurmi seems to have "checked out" emotionally since he is not questioning the expert witnesses. He and JW rarely speak, and Nurmi sits with his back towards co-counsel and the defendant. The trial has become the JA/JW show, and I think that KN wishes he were elsewhere. He's studying JM and learning how to improve his game. :moo:

I see him checking out the jury constantly. Looks directly over in that direction a lot after questions and non answers/sarcasm..maybe looking for reactions. Looking for more reasons to files motions methinks...

Call me stupid but I actually thought ALV may have taken a moment last night to ask herself whether she had misjudged JA. Apparently she didn't. I'm done with all and anything she says. Her answers are like dust in the windn and don't mean crap. (and i apologize to the Band Kansas for using their song title in my post) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nurmi seems to have "checked out" emotionally since he is not questioning the expert witnesses. He and JW rarely speak, and Nurmi sits with his back towards co-counsel and the defendant. The trial has become the JA/JW show, and I think that KN wishes he were elsewhere. He's studying JM and learning how to improve his game. :moo:

his body language is telling to me...having his back to JA, love it!

I just got home from work. What is this "porking a little girl" business?

ALV uttered it when JM asked her for examples of behavior related to child *advertiser censored* situation.

She also referenced the little girl orgasm thing.

According to "Urban Dictionary" porking is : "The act of having vigorous sexual intercourse with someone." How is that done via phone? :what:

I guess ALV isn't so "old fashioned" like she claims to be throwing around terminology like "porking"...

for all we know, TA was shocked when JA showed up and not at all happy to see her. but MAYBE he decided to just get through the day, get her out of there, and then seriously look into taking steps to keep her away from him.

i mean, this crazy witch just drove 1000 miles to drop in. it's possible he WAS afraid of her that day.

of course he had no idea she was armed and ready to kill him.

I agree and there has been a couple times where he seems a bit impressed with Juan. imo

HLN is sort of talking like Juan is done???? I did not hear what he said at the very end before judge called recess......he did not say "I don't have anything else, did he?????

Sounded like he said now would be a good time. I took it for the lunch hour. Then the judge ordered the attorneys to chambers for 'that matter'

To me not at all but .... (edited)

ETA - This link takes you to a self-portrait by JA. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30145

ETA Again - This has been Websleuthed a lot as you may know by A News Junkie. Here's a link http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8916727&postcount=661

Just extracts from that: The actress, Zhang Ziyi:

There are many, many other parallels. Sorry to sound obsessive or boring, but it was really interesting to me. And there are other parallels in the Memoirs of a Geisha movie, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon ---- all starring the same actress, Zhang Ziyi -- I think Jodi believes she resembles this actress. Again, all three movies are on her list of favorites on her myspace.

If you watch: House of Flying Daggers movie you will be dumbfounded by the parallels -- I really do believe that movie affected Jodi profoundly, and that she either consciously or subconsciously incorporated many many scenes, images, and thoughts from the movie into her life. Wow.

Even to the point of killing someone you love, out of a code of personal honor, because they have rejected you and have moved on... and the victim even had a premonition the killer would do so.

--

The movie also includes:

The lover getting turned on after dressing the female in boy's clothes.

A woman expertly throwing lethal knives, causing a stab in the throat, and causing another person's throat to be slit.

The same woman, sweet and childlike, being arrested, interrogated by the police (martial) and threatened with torture... but she remains demure and doesn't give up her secrets.

A dance scene (subliminal sex scene) in what amounts to a brothel, where the man is very drowsy, almost falling asleep at times. He is a guy who is discussed as a colossal "flirt." In the scene, his arousal seems to include sadistic or degrading elements toward the woman. She is child-like and yet she is a stunning virtuoso at dancing (subliminal sex). She is not what she seems. She pretends to be blind. She pretends to be naive. She has secret motives.

The scene plays out similar to Jodi's 'phone sex recording,' even to the point of the sleepy man and the stealthy seductive woman singing together; him sounding sleepy, silly and off-key; her doing her best in her little girl voice.

^And notably, in this scene, the man uses his sword to cut the rope-braid closures on her clothing, and rather violently removes her outer garment.

He also attacks her by "lunging at her like a linebacker," grabbing her, spinning her around, throwing her face down and getting on top of her so she can't get up... like JA's lying testimony about TA.

--

She does the backward yoga stretch, too. All the way, head upside down, just like Jodi did in the interrogation room.--

When the girl is arrested, the police search her room and find a set of deadly knives. It is highly incriminating evidence. This is what leads to her interrogation. She is cool and courageous, and keeps up her cover with them.

Note that in this movie, just like in the Flying Daggers movie, her character pretends to be young, sweet, and innocent... but is in actuality secretly a super-skilled, highly trained weapons-expert warrior wearing a sword and a ninja outfit. (again, this coorelates to my theory of her using MMA to kill Travis)

This is her sweet little cover persona; a pampered beauty, who yearns for more out of life, and who secretly sneaks out of her father's house at night:

And as a ninja warrior/sneaky thief:

There's so much more in that WS link by A News Junkie. It's well worth a read.

WOW, just WOW!!!!! :what:

Having to read here today. Much thanks to all who are posting!!

Do we know why Samantha is crying? I know overall she has to be completely stressed out, but did I miss some posts where something was done or said during testimony today? TIA!!

Could be a guess but it's possible, even though ALV doesn't get it, Samantha has realized just how much her brother was trying to keep Jodi away from him. Or she sudden realizes that something Travis said to her now makes sense.

I have to run to the store and hope to get back before court starts. Wish me luck!

tumblr_m4d00h80XO1rvpuhio1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member