trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jammies on, in my big comfy chair, TV on HLN (not sure why I torture yourself), laptop with live feed, and iPad on my lap so I can post with you fine folks.

Heaven, anyone?

The defendant and her team created the very circus they are complaining about. A man was stalked and violently killed and the public is expected to sit back and calmly tolerate the trashing of the victim ad naseum? Uhm no. Just no.

I agree and the "team" is now just trying to find whatever they can to file motions for mistrial. It's all they have. That's all this latest media brouhaha is all about.

So, today the defence team are wearing salmon.

Wildabouttrial tweeted that Tanisha was wearing a salmon top.

I really hope this was a coincidence, but if I were Tanisha I would not be wanting to sit there in the same colours as them. I would have to go change, or completely cover that colour up.
Wildabouttrial makes jokes about salmon as a colour. The DC know who WAT is and that he comments on their clothes so their choice would have been deliberate. Tanisha's was just an unfortunate coincedence

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Counsel is headed to chambers. Courtroom is very loud still with chatter.

Filed yesterday:

4/10/2013 MOT - Motion NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013

Thanks nurse! Funny about the NG "tour" - all I can recall is her eating the food! I'll go back and look at it now though. I had no idea they had so much "freedom" - I guess that is going to change when she lands in prison. Jodi just can't keep her trap closed can she? Journaling in jail - hahahaha!

there was a short version that was on the show.. and a longer one that was raw.. it was on that one (about 30 min iirc)

If Salman Rushdie can survive Jihad being waged on him for his opinions, I'm sure ALV can survive some cyber name calling..

It was a fatwa and not a jihad. Sorry. It's hard enough not to be a grammar cop, but I couldn't let this go. I guess this makes me a vocab cop. It's a sickness....

Me neither. Willmott is still on re-direct although some say it appears as though she is about to wrap up. You never know though! I hope we get to the jurors' questions today!

I hope we get to the juror questions as well, but if I recall correctly, both sides were given some hours to go through them first and then argue about which ones should be allowed or not. I don't look for much actual testimony or any real movement today.

Well, considering I have VERY strong opinions about someone who lies about Domestic Violence, I will probably be banned then. Accusing someone of DV is a VERY serious charge and it is NOT something one takes lightly. Especially for those of us that have been an actual victim of abuse. Accusing someone of DV is something that can possibly ruin a career, ruin lives, futures, reputations, etc. So in accusing someone of that is something that is NEVER to be taken lightly. I have a hard time justifying EVER having a persons words censored, especially when this so called Defense Witness is charging the taxpayers of Arizona over $2100.00 a DAY when she testifies! The taxpayers have a RIGHT to hold her accountable for the lies and untruths she is telling. AV will have been paid well over $30,000!!! That is just WRONG!!!

Agreed, indy. It ranks right up there with helping pass a "Get Out of Jail Free" card to an obvious (particularly to a 35-year veteran psychotherapist) pathological liar and psychopath. Or, are we now limited from presenting that diagnosis as well, despite many forensic psychiatrist/psychologists having reached that conclusion with the defendant on cable TV programs?

JMO - I am not at all sure by what you mean by ALV taking the case because she believed it. If you mean she believed there was DV - okay, I would agree. There are however many contradictions and I have no doubt this woman is smart enough to see them.

For example, within the first hour of her being on the stand she stated that her method was to talk with both persons (independently) involved because this is how she gets the best information closest to the truth. She did not do that in this case. Granted Travis was killed, however, she made zero effort to speak with friends or even past girlfriends to get the "context" or "big picture" of the man. Instead she relied on the words of Jodi and even worse some text messages, emails, and i. ms. as well as one recording. There is no possible way for her to know the actual meaning of the written words without proper context. She never got that, she did not even try to get it, and she was totally unwilling to even consider that it is possible that Jodi may well have prompted such words or escalated the words based on actions or unknown inputs outside of the written documents. She also applied differing standards when comparing Jodi's words and Travis' - how can this possibly be consistent with a search for the truth ?

Perhaps she was just bulled up - but she could never put the word "truth" in the same sentence as Jodi Arias. Yesterday when JM was asking if she believed Jodi told the truth - she could never say it. She found her credible or believeable instead. Semantics sure, but truth goes beyond credible and believable. She could not say it. Bottom line, she could not assign the word truth to Jodi but she spent hours assassinating the character of Travis Alexander, completely without proof and with very little truth. Character assassination, based on her own continuum is abuse.

I'm just a cabbage patch punk - don't know any of this fancy brain stuff, don't want to either, but what was clear to me is her entire testimony was centered on one thing only, and that certainly was not the truth. She did take an oath to do so.

I totally agree. She went on for hours about how he "normally" does things and then spends 8 days on the stand trying to convince us how she came to a conclusion based on a method complete atypical to her. In other words she is trying to portray expertise using a method....in which she has no expertise. Kinda ironic, eh?

My counselor always said there are two sides to every story, not that one story is right and one is wrong but his point is that perspective is everything and often subjective and biased and a better picture is obtained when more perspectives are included to round out the picture. ALV did not interview Travis (obviously) nor did she speak to anyone who could have acted as his advocate to at least get a non-Jodi picture.

Instead, she relied only on texts which we all know lacks tone of voice an conext. How many times have you read a lovers text, thought they were being unkind and snapped back with a defensive response- only to learn that the person on the other end was just joking and had you been in the room with them and heard their tone of voice, you'd instantly know there was no malice. ALV is lacking that plane. She's lacking that Z-axis perspective on her x/y-axis black and white interpolation. So she's omitting one perspective entirely (Travis's advocates) and relying on a highly flawed perspective instead.

I personally believe that was intentiknal. What she doesn't know she can claim ignorance to and does not have to flat out lie. She likely knew if she interviewed the friends then if she still claims there was no stalking or jealousy patterns in Jodi then she's be lying through her teeth on the stand.

From what I've seen it appears ALV comes across as uncooperative even combative except when being asked questions by the defense.

That seems to be the general sentiment.

You would think that ALV, who supposedly instructs lawyers on handling expert witnesses and such, would understand that she needs to be consistent with her answers/comments regardless of who is asking her the questions.

She can't go from...

I can't give you a Yes or No answer
You're misrepresenting me
You're taking it out of context
I don't understand your question
I don't know where you want me to go with this

...when JM crosses her, to...

Yes
No

...when JW re-directs her.

I dont understand why all the TH's keep saying that JM is going to 'turn off' some of the jurors by his 'style'.... Don't most people know that JM is doing his job and expect that? I don't ever recall a prosecuter being warm and fuzzy with witnesses? This was a brutal murder fgs. Its not a parking ticket. :banghead:

Do they ever get tired of parroting the same thing? It's like listening to a broken record. :banghead:

If anyone's style should come into question, it's Nurmi's. His slooooooow, deliberate incessant droning would be way more likely to turn off a juror.

Imo, the talking heads are aware of how impenetrable the State's case is. They've got to create controversy where there isn't any, otherwise nobody would watch. Super dumb.

Well, considering I have VERY strong opinions about someone who lies about Domestic Violence, I will probably be banned then. Accusing someone of DV is a VERY serious charge and it is NOT something one takes lightly. Especially for those of us that have been an actual victim of abuse. Accusing someone of DV is something that can possibly ruin a career, ruin lives, futures, reputations, etc. So in accusing someone of that is something that is NEVER to be taken lightly. I have a hard time justifying EVER having a persons words censored, especially when this so called Defense Witness is charging the taxpayers of Arizona over $2100.00 a DAY when she testifies! The taxpayers have a RIGHT to hold her accountable for the lies and untruths she is telling. AV will have been paid well over $30,000!!! That is just WRONG!!!

I agree as a 18 year dv survivor and as a Arizona Tax Payer.

Sorry to beat this horse but is there a recommended image size? I think from now on I will post small pics with links to larger ones :-)

640x480

Depending where you are uploading to, imageshak have the option to resize when uploading and just choose message board

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Alyce LaViolet:
"If you were in my group I'd ask you to take a time out, Mr Martinez."

Who the h#%* does she think she is? I just can't stop thinking about this statement.

The thing that bothers me the most about ALV is something slightly different than bias -- it's similar -- but she is predisposed to find DV. She could put any relationship on her continuum. I would ask her if she has ever evaluated a case where abuse was claimed by a woman and she found otherwise, ie, manipulation?

It would be interesting as we all have read media reports or even know somebody where there have been false claims that result in arrests and sentences and then the claim is recanted later.

I couldn't tell if the word was 'porking' or 'corking' but either way, it mischaracterized what was actually said during the call and IMO contributed to the biased opinion she proclaims not to have.

It was "porking" and that was a VERY vulgar reference, especially since it misquoted what Travis said - I don't think I ever heard him say that in anything. It was testified to by Ms. LaViolette for shock value.

Same here in Kentucky. Gun shots galore every day. People like to practice, and I must admit, I'm a darn good shot. :blushing:

Here too! We plink all the time...gravel pits are very popular. All kinds of guns too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18