trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of goody-two-shoes we are. :D Although, I know I've had posts deleted so I may have walked a fine line a time or two.

Could someone tell me what the rules are re: previous posts? Are we supposed to go back to our old posts and edit them?

I want to make sure Im following the rules. :)

I don't so much see her as being manipulated because she spoke of looking at the big picture and yet she didn't look at the big picture. She knew she wasn't seeing it from Travis' side or the side of JA's parents. jmo

Here and ready for today
I have read the warnings and proud to be part of this site that is so respectful
Thank You

And will follow the rules

I believe they spell it rulzes here..lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Good morning everyone!! So looking forward to jury questions. I can't imagine that not happening today!!

I don't believe I've said anything constituting name calling; certainly no threats.

I have expressed my disdain for the DT and their witnesses concerning their (imo) disgraceful tactics.

I have used humor on occasion, made up words tied to various persons, to express my feelings. At other times I've stated what I believe their actions to be, and opined on why they would choose to do what they've done in the defendant's case. No, it wasn't flattering.

While threatening harm is completely unjustified, anyone who becomes a public person will be scrutinized by the public, and not always to their liking.

Perhaps a better clarification of what is/is not appropriate, from the mods view, would help us censor our posts accordingly.

I agree--I'm not sure what the boundaries are as far as expressing distaste at what a witness says of does. Are we to not comment at all? It would be great to have some guidelines! Thanks to all the Mods! :loveyou:

I say chaps! Morning to all, pip-pip-cheerio and all that sort of thing! I'm feeling positively bursting with fairness for all parties today!

I'd like a bit of clarification re what's disparaging too. That said, I just went back and viewed my old posts and a few of them I realised needed to go.

To see all your posts, click on your user ID (top right) > Statistics > Find all posts by you. Messages you can't delete you can hit the little red triangle in the top right corner. Self-reporting is so 2013 ;)

I am seriously reviewing my thoughts here re: posts I have made and would probably make. To follow the rules to not make disparaging remarks I will only be able to post about JM and the PT. Any post I would make about the DT or their witnesses would be considered disparaging.
My silence will be golden. I appreciate this site too much to put my membership here in any jeopardy, no matter what I may think about the source of the issue.
Thank you mods. I appreciate your positions and will abide by the rules. :)

Can someone direct me to where I might be able to see ja journals????? TIA

Re-posting, doors closed on me! I am also editing to clarify that I am not talking about WS...I am talking about the histrionic reports in the media today about the scourge of social media on ALV and the DT, in addition to the DT's mistrial motion.

I wouldn't call any of what is happening on social media and in the media witness tampering. I also don't feel bad in the slightest for ALV or the DT. From a historical perspective, the purpose of an open court is that "justice is not done in the dark."

Justice would not be done if ALV and the DT were allowed to trash the good name of the victim for an admitted murderer which could lead to her acquittal or a lesser punishment than the community (as represented by the jury) feels that she deserves.

Name calling and ad hominem attacks are not necessarily the right way to express outrage over these proceedings, but the community has a right to express themselves. The limitations on those rights come only when someone could be done actual physical harm. Otherwise, no one ever died from hurt feelings and panic attacks.

If ALV did not want to be exposed then she should have turned the case down like the 11 other experts. If she wanted to continue on in her career as she had before, then she should have opted out. If the DT did not want to be exposed to ridicule for their tactics, then they should have tried this case honorably like so many other defense attorneys do for reprehensible clients every day. Since they chose not to, the chickens are coming home to roost and hopefully future hacks, quacks and hired guns will think more of themselves then to "de-edify' the judicial process.

Truth is not found in dark spaces or back rooms...sunshine is always the best disinfectant.

Plus, she's not supposed to be reading, watching the media, or talking with anyone about the case, so how is people expressing their negative feelings and opinions of her performance as an expert witness in any way intimidating? Still, I'll follow the rules to the best of my ability.

Regarding the Twitter story and Jodi talking to Don on the phone - does anyone know what type of phone privileges inmates are given? I wouldn't think they would be allowed to use the phone whenever they please.

And further, are phone calls/phone visits (face to face behind glass) taped like they were in the KCA case in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand