trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is amazing that the friends who found Travis dead nailed the killer from the get go! They knew her well!

just hearing the friend say oh my god on the phone call chills me to the bones every time on hln

Let's RECAP!!

Porking is a clinical term.

If you are a really wonderful guy in public... There's a good chance you might be a rat *advertiser censored* in private... not to everyone... Just to psychotic people who may or may not be stalking you.

If your lies suck really bad.... You are probably telling the truth.

I think she broke my brain.

did she really say that?

JC on HLN just said there's a woman juror on the back row that is a "spittin image" of Jodi's mom. Is that Housewife I wonder?

sorry just curious....dont want the family to suffer . they have been through enough.i hate what they are doing to travis

Me too sugar they have had to suffer too much cause ja tried to blackmail her way into 2nd degree murder sentence by threatening them that she would trash Travis if they didnt go along with her.

She has tried to trash him ..IMO she has failed.

Off with her head...darn they dont do that anymore.

I'm sure since juror 5 was removed, the jury has been extra careful in their facial expressions. They sense that Jodie and her defence are looking for any little thing that shows they don't like Jodie.

Has anyone added up the $$$ Ms. ALV has racked up in this case so far? I'm not good at math, but it goes something like this per hour:

$250 per hour for preparing for trial (she testified to 44 hours prep)

$300 per hour for her testimony

Also, I would bet my eye teeth she is getting comped for air flight, hotel room, rental car, all meals while in AZ, etc.

Good Lord, that's a whole lot of money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :what:

I don't know how they reached this number but someone came up with $33,000 yesterday. Someone else can probably give you more details. Either way, entirely absurd.

I wonder if ALV was one of the "radical" feminists who defended Andy Warhol's shooter, Valerie Solanas.

.....luckily here it is 4:00 ....:drink::drink:

Much earlier here, but I must say I'm right there with ya. My alcohol consumption has definitely increased throughout these proceedings (hic)

:toastred: I will jshust get backkkkkk to you szhortly cuzshh .... zzzzz

I have two younger brothers and the very thought of me being in the sisters shoes sends shivers down my spine. I would not have the strength or composure to sit in the same room day after day looking at the vile acts commited upon my brother and watching the perpetrator of those acts sit just feet from me. Noo. I would have somehow taken her out and given her the death penalty right there in open court and be happy to spend the rest of my life in jail knowing the last thing she ever saw was her victims sister come at her with (insert whatever weapon here) and be the one to get justice for my brother. Is vigilante justice right? Well, if it was my brother I would not hesitate
and I KNOW they would exact justice for me if it was me who fell victim to an evil murderer.

I think in this case they need to bring back ole sparky..a simple injection is too kind..and forget to soak the sponge ;)

:clap::clap:

I have a younger brother who I am extremely close to, and your post immediately put his face on TA's autopsy pics for me. It hurt but it made me realize just how strong his family is. I wish I lived in AZ so I could support them, or even put them up in my home.

I hope they know how many people stand behind them wanting justice for Travis.

(And between you and me, I'd probably do the same thing you said you'd do) :blushing:

Has anyone added up the $$$ Ms. ALV has racked up in this case so far? I'm not good at math, but it goes something like this per hour:

$250 per hour for preparing for trial (she testified to 44 hours prep)

$300 per hour for her testimony

Also, I would bet my eye teeth she is getting comped for air flight, hotel room, rental car, all meals while in AZ, etc.

Good Lord, that's a whole lot of money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :what:

Don't forget the many hours she spent reading collateral material and putting it all into CONTEXT.

Good afternoon my sweet sleuthy friends! Is redirect over? Do we have jury questions coming up? I've been dealing with a sick clingy 2 year old and haven't been able to watch.

Jury questions after lunch. Can you give another calming reminder that it's going to be okay? I had testimony muted but it was brutal following along, more talk of Travis being a pedophile, ALV giving him some credit for probably not being a sociopath... what a gal :furious:

Can someone please give me the link to the USA Today article mentioned?? I can't keep up.

Thank you in advance.

I believe it's on page 1 of this thread. Just look for the post from the mod SoSueMe - (I think that's the one) and there's a link to the article in her post.

I'm sure since juror 5 was removed, the jury has been extra careful in their facial expressions. They sense that Jodie and her defence are looking for any little thing that shows they don't like Jodie.

A Juror could really have some fun with her if they wanted to.... I probably would! :blushing:

i thought the only reviewed the questions like that for jodi jmo

No. The Atty. (both sides) get to review the jury questions. Some will not be allowed and some may be duplicates.

:clap::yourock::goodpost:
Ms LaViolettes testimony requires us to enter into a topsy turvy world where the victim is guilty, the abused is the abuser, a genuine female victim of DV always minimizes and conceals the abusive behaviors of her abuser and the physical results of the abuse, while a genuine male victim of an obsessive stalker instantly alerts the authorities to the stalking behaviors and his fear of them.

Over the 44 hours she spent with Arias, and with the several books she bought for her, she - perhaps unwittingly - helped Arias craft this preposterous 'self defence' claim. Sadly, and ironically given her use of fairy tale characters to demonstrate her theories, she failed to notice that the fairy tale Arias came up with - complete with the addition of atmospheric 'fog' - falls apart when applied to real world standards of enquiry and evidence.

The Fantasy: A teeny tiny downtrodden female protagonist 'finally' snaps and 'fights for her life' against the enraged physically powerful, ginormous abusive male antagonist! She struggles with him in a life and death tussle on the floor! He nearly overcomes her, but not wait! She escapes - he pursues! She slows him down with A Gun No One Else Knew Existed, yet still he attacks! A magical fog descends, and she finally overcomes him by use of An Enormous Knife That Happened To Be In The Bathroom.

The Reality: A man is showering while a woman he is intimately familiar with takes some photos of him. The camera records the time each photo was taken. The last photo of him alive shows him sitting in the shower. Less than 3 minutes later the man is on the floor streaming blood, dead or very close to death. The woman moves his body, cleans the scene up a little, and leaves, perhaps with a fresh band aid on one finger.

Strip away everything else and focus on the victim's injuries, the ME's testimony, crime scene, Arias's lack of injuries, and the date stamped photographic evidence she left. What was left behind leaves a pretty clear story about what happened in the three minutes - and even clearer story of what didn't happen - between the last shower photo and the end of the hallway photo.

Arias claims TA got the jump on her and initiated the first assault, but barely even bothered to claim she had any injuries from the supposed 'body slam' or subsequent claimed 'linebacker' events, except for describing the most miraculous recovery from being winded ever. Her claim that her shoulder has 'never been right' since comes with no corroborating reports of her complaining about pain, no evidence of disability or request for treatment for said 'injury' over the last 4 years, and the finger injury she showed Det. Flores, if indeed sustained during the events of June 4th, looked exactly like injuries he had seen knife wielding assailants sustain. Nobody has testified that during the following days/weeks Arias had any bruises or other injuries. Remember this alleged assault on Arias was not the act of a secretive DV abuser, who might well have deliberately inflict blows where they would not be visible, but the act of a powerful, enraged, raging bull who was going to KILL her.

The defensive wounds to TA's hands alone, coupled with the sheer volume & type of other injuries she inflcted on him tell us that from very early during the 3 minutes. he was incapable of either attacking her, and had only limited and temporary ability to defend himself.

From the photos recovered from TA's camera and crime scene pictures, everyone, including the Jury knows the incident was over and done with in no more than 2 minutes, that it began at the point the camera took the first 'accidental' photo, in or close to the shower, (see blood evidence, his not hers), that Travis Alexander was naked and wet when it began, and continued to be naked throughout. His bathrobe is in the crime scene pics, still hanging on the hook right next to the shower, because he didn't have time to put it on, use it to stem blood flow, or use it to attempt a 'fluffy' defense against the knife/gun with it bundled up. Why? Because he was already badly incapacitated both mentally and physically due to the initial assault/attack in or near the shower.

A further early distinguishable, separate injury/'event' (see blood evidence, his not hers) occurred at a LOW level near to the end of the bathtub/toilet cubicle area, indicating TA was already on or close to the floor at the time. At this point he was within a few feet of two sets of bathroom scales. He didn't grab a set and belt her with it. No evidence at either the crime scene or on her person to suggest he slammed her head against the floor, the bathtub, wall, or the toilet room door. He apparently had very little conscious awareness as to what had been done to him/what was happening to him - if he had, he might have locked himself in that toilet cubicle.

Instead, TA made his way to the sink area to check out whatever the hell it was that had happened to him. (I'm going to make a guess here. It was an injury that he could not see, or that he couldn't comprehend even though he could see it, hence the instinctive move towards the mirror to 'check it out'). He may not have even managed to stand to his full height at that sink, but he was there, with his back to her, dripping water from his hair/body in with the blood he was shedding, coughing/spraying.

He wasn't conscious/dangerous enough to then effect any flight, or fight. He didn't grab what looks like a full, quite large (and possibly heavy) glass Cologne bottle from the corner of the vanity unit near to the bathroom closet door and clock her with it; he didn't grab the spray cleaner from the cupboard below and spray it at her/swipe her with it; he didn't grab anything from the bathroom closet, like a towel to bundle to try and defend himself or to throttle/smother her with (no blood spatter in the closet apart from what wicked up the cardboard box); he wasn't strong/conscious enough to punch her lights out, (leaving visible bruising for days/weeks) grab her and smash her head against any part of the vanity unit, bathroom or closet door, twist/break her arm, or pull out a huge chunk of her hair causing her scalp to bleed (leaving visible scabs/bruising for days/weeks).

An alert, conscious, able and especially a rageful person could/would have done any or all of these things but all he actually achieved was a few attempts to grab the knife or deflect the knife with his hands, and turning HIS BACK to her.

There was no time in the two minutes for the closet interlude as described by Arias to occur. There is no evidence whatsoever that any closet interlude occurred during those 2 minutes.

She went on to stab him many, many more times following that initial shower/bathtub phase of her attack: so many times that while the crime scene is awash with blood (all his apart from one print) there are no further 'distinguishable' knife wound blood spatters, IIRC, until the final throat slash near the end of the hallway something like 15 feet away from the sink?

Why? Because the assailant had complete power over the victim. He simply wasn't capable of fleeing her, defending himself or attacking her. That single hair of hers found near the bathroom door would have been a CLUMP if he had pulled it out. She didn't scratch him, or pull his hair out, because she had no need to. She had inflicted a possibly fatal, certainly fatally debilitating injury early, and each successive wound weakened him further through shock, pain, blood loss, damage to tendons/muscle etc. He never got near enough to her to inflict any kind of 'struggle' injuries on her. She only got that close to him after he was incapable of defending himself or inflicting any 'struggle' injuries on her.

The multiple wounds he suffered when his back was turned - whether curled up trying to shield his head/chest, or crawling/dragging himself away from her - are utterly damning. In particular he was no longer capable of moving away from her at a quick enough pace to avoid that telling cluster of nine wounds on his back.

By the time the first of the 'accidental' photographs of TA during the attack were taken, the incident had progressed to the hall the hall. In the first of those phtos, he was down, out, prone on the floor and streaming blood, while she was upright. Yet according to the M.E Arias went on to inflict at least one more fatal type wound (the gun-shot) when he was already dead or close to it. We do not know whether his throat had been cut when the final two accidental pictures were taken. There was a large amount of blood streaming over his shoulder, but remember, he had had been stabbed several times on his front torso, and on the right side of his neck. Those injuries could also have caused the blood streaming we see in the pictures.

By her own account - every single stab wound she inflicted on him, was inflicted after she had shot him in the head. Every. Single. One. And let's imagine her 'fog' lifts and she recalls an epic life or death struggle during which she happens across the Enormous Knife That Happened To Be In The Bathroom, or even manages to wrest it from the hands of her alleged attacker? She can't conjure up retrospective defensive wounds, cuts, bruises, scratches, scalp wounds, broken bones, cracked ribs, or stab wounds to her body, or her blood instead of his all over the scene.

LaViolette helped Jodi Arias craft a fairy tale to try and excuse/explain why she slaughtered Travis Alexander, but nothing except pre-meditation can explain the evidence we have about the two minutes, or the two weapons used.

Excellent post and very well said.

It will feel so good to be out of here and posting on a thread for ALV JUROR QUESTIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove