trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just so sad for Travis and his family right now... very sorry for what they continue to endure. It is almost unbearable to me. Sigh

I have two younger brothers and the very thought of me being in the sisters shoes sends shivers down my spine. I would not have the strength or composure to sit in the same room day after day looking at the vile acts commited upon my brother and watching the perpetrator of those acts sit just feet from me. Noo. I would have somehow taken her out and given her the death penalty right there in open court and be happy to spend the rest of my life in jail knowing the last thing she ever saw was her victims sister come at her with (insert whatever weapon here) and be the one to get justice for my brother. Is vigilante justice right? Well, if it was my brother I would not hesitate
and I KNOW they would exact justice for me if it was me who fell victim to an evil murderer.

I think in this case they need to bring back ole sparky..a simple injection is too kind..and forget to soak the sponge ;)

ALV: "If Ms. Arias was a really good liar then she would have planned a really good lie, and she didn't."

OMG

Ever wish you could take back something you said? I'll bet ALV does now.

She looked and sounded so deflated on the stand this morning. Her voice started off very soft and tenuous and she never hit her stride. I doubt that she will recover this afternoon.

Hard to understand why she ever took this case.

I cannot get a caller from Kentucky awhile back to HLN out of my mind. She was severely abused, her husband backed her into a corner and she did shoot him 5 times. Now, she said it was overkill but I don't know if she was charged or not, she was calling so she was free. You could hear the emotional pain and remorse. She thought Arias was lying. She said she heard no remorse for taking another person's life, how you think of them every single day, all the time, how hard it was to live with taking a person's life that you loved. That's true DV, self-defense.
Why did Jodi do? Went and got more knives and a new gun, created lots of stories in her diaries and wrote dupe letters to family, lie-lie-lie to people and family. That's a cold blooded, psychopathic murderer.

I hate to break it to ALV, but it doesn't matter if one is a good liar or a bad liar - The fact remains, that they are still just a LIAR.!! :gavel:

I am walking around today after hearing them slander a dead man on just one one admitted Liar says and just sad. Profoundly sad. I know that Juan will clean it up, I know that the jury most likely does not believe it, but his sisters and brothers all have to sit and listen to it. How awful for them..

LaV: If Ms Arias was a really good liar, she would have made up a really good lie.

I have to agree with LaV on this one, because Ms. Arias is not a good liar,in fact, she is a really bad liar, hence she made up some really bad lies.:D

Take everything JW said today and remove the false assessment of "domestic violence," and you have the means and motive for this murder.

From ALV:

1) "JA was the only one who knew TA was living a double life." Indeed. Now the jury knows what the blackmail issue was all about and why she was taping the convo's.

2) "When someone finally pulls away for good, their abusers can become enraged." Yep, that's what happened.

3) "People being abused frequently continue to interact with their abuser." Yes, TA did, unfortunately. He was human.

The rebuttal will be an excellent opportunity to pick the low-hanging fruit that this silly testimony left in its wake.

Jodi is a bad liar. Therefore Jodi must be telling the truth. It's not even noon and I need a drink.

This sort of reasoning, to me, touches the realm of pathology. To distort the meaning of concepts is something that a psychopath does, it's a mindf***. It messes with a person's sense of reality. It's the sort of things cult leaders do, too, changing the meaning and import of words.

It really is amazing that the friends who found Travis dead nailed the killer from the get go! They knew her well!

Okay~ why, oh, why does the bailiff let JA mill around the defense table after the jurors have filed out???? He needs to slap those shackles on her and haul her OUT! She should not get to gaze around and smirk at people like she is NOT the defendant! I have to assume this is yet another indication of the loosey-goosey approach the Judge has to court behavior.
UGH!!!

I have rarely, if ever, seen the judge even glance over in Jodi's direction. She rarely looks out into the court room. I dont understand it.

It would be nice.......but I get the impression that she does not care one bit. The story she is telling is the one she will stick with, and all it means to her is a big, fat, paycheck. So much for morals and ethics.

Has anyone added up the $$$ Ms. ALV has racked up in this case so far? I'm not good at math, but it goes something like this per hour:

$250 per hour for preparing for trial (she testified to 44 hours prep)

$300 per hour for her testimony

Also, I would bet my eye teeth she is getting comped for air flight, hotel room, rental car, all meals while in AZ, etc.

Good Lord, that's a whole lot of money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :what:

Now he wasn't only an abuser, pedo, now they're throwing his very essence of being, his religion and his truthfulness.

This is outrageous! I can hardly stand this.

OMG
:(
fran

I think that the above would make a wonderful addition to JM statement prior to the penalty phase. "Ladies and gentleman, not only did the defendant kill the victim three times over on June 4, 2008, she continued to annihilate him, his character, his religious devotion and his essential humanness every day of the trial. Without cease. Without shame. Without remorse. Give her the death penalty."

Did I just hear ALV say if Jodi was a good liar she would have told a good lie?! You have got to be kidding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The end of ALV's testiphony today seemed to reference JA's attempts to blackmail TA before murdering him.

Well, JA has now carried through on both of those plans, and on the taxpayers' dime.

Will the jury hold her accountable?

Their questions may provide a clue.

She's not though. She will be back after lunch. The Judge just called an early lunch after the side bar.

Just remember that the jury heard JA on the stand...
Had she not been arrested, would she have confessed to the killing?

She said she doesn't really know. Enough said. What more do they need to know?

Does the jury know that when she was arrested she was getting set to flee? Armed with knives and another gun in another rented car?

What was Jodi looking at with that death like stare over near the jury??? I see her immediately speaking to JM when the jury was leaving and the two of them looking towards the jury box. So anyone think she will try and have another juror removed????

IMO yes ! JA has found another way to have some control after juror 5 gone, I have noticed she spends the day looking to the jury to find one little thing she can play on.
IMO she is not doing this because she feels they are not being fair it's just a game to her and she is enjoying it very much IMO

Thinking about how long she could have drawn out this re-direct, I am thankful to JW that she wrapped this part up as quickly as she did.

I hope she does the same on her follow up after juror questions.

That's doubtful. She will likely hammer anything she thinks the jury needs based on the type of questions asked. It was wise to not draw out the re-direct. She needs to get this witness off the stand.

Yes, but I'm surprised that he got away with it. He provided no evidence or testimony that Travis ever saw that movie, or liked Cameron Dias's underwear in it.

That's because even the DT knows there has been depositions taken from Travis' friends that have said this. So the DT didn't object. If they had then he would have called one of those friends in rebuttal.

No need to fight what they already know is in discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove