trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:
We're supposed to be getting that blizzard tomorrow...
Cheers!

....never heard of anyone mixing earl grey and bourbon before...must try....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:D
More like tea with a "bourbon back".
Or perhaps bourbon with a "tea back".
Sip on one, sip on the other.

As to weather, while I am grateful today, it is just ridiculous. Our winter here will end only when this trial does, I think.

Has anyone added up the $$$ Ms. ALV has racked up in this case so far? I'm not good at math, but it goes something like this per hour:

$250 per hour for preparing for trial (she testified to 44 hours prep)

$300 per hour for her testimony

Also, I would bet my eye teeth she is getting comped for air flight, hotel room, rental car, all meals while in AZ, etc.

Good Lord, that's a whole lot of money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :what:

44 hours was just the time spent interviewing ja. While on re-direct, JW asked about all the materials (boxes worth) at her office in CA that she did not bring to Mesa, so I would say multiply that 44 hours by at least 10 and we would still fall short of the hours she has or will bill the State.:banghead:

:seeya: I am new here too. I so enjoy your conversations. I can not tell you how many times I have been reading here late into the night and started to giggle out loud at the observations. As someone that suffers from clinical depression that does not happen much. I must say one of the best days was when you all talked about the nude pics and so many things were talked about by referring to vegetables and fruits. Hope nobody got a time out but, it gave this girl a much needed laugh. Thanks for all the great insight in this trial.

But want to ask the opinion of others since it was talked about again today. When they play the “sex tape” did you notice that everytime Travis says what he wants “to do to her” or “with her”, she always say," What?”, “What did you say?”. She always wants him to repeat those parts, everytime throughout the whole recording. She was setting him up even at that time. What do you think?

WELCOME~!!!

Yes--and it wasn't smart of JW to bring up that very point in her redirect of ALV--she was trying to make a pedophile point, but instead it shows Jodi as the predator setting Travis up.

:seeya: I am new here too. I so enjoy your conversations. I can not tell you how many times I have been reading here late into the night and started to giggle out loud at the observations. As someone that suffers from clinical depression that does not happen much. I must say one of the best days was when you all talked about the nude pics and so many things were talked about by referring to vegetables and fruits. Hope nobody got a time out but, it gave this girl a much needed laugh. Thanks for all the great insight in this trial.

But want to ask the opinion of others since it was talked about again today. When they play the “sex tape” did you notice that everytime Travis says what he wants “to do to her” or “with her”, she always say," What?”, “What did you say?”. She always wants him to repeat those parts, everytime throughout the whole recording. She was setting him up even at that time. What do you think?

Great post and Welcome to WS!

:welcome: :welcome4:

I think you would be very good at closing argument.

Nellie Nelson

Thanks for the great post.

So I'm watching this redirect again on HLN---and JW is saying " Doesn't he have a lot to lose if this secret double life comes out?"

So is JW hinting that JA was blackmailing him?

So in ALV's mind, TA felt so guilty about his actions, he shot himself, fell on the knife 29 times & then slit his own throat

Alv claims JA NEVER lied before the murder, which is just not true. her own father said she lied SINCE the age of 14, not AT the age of 14. She lied all the time to her waitress co workers, she lied to Darryl Brewer and she lied to Travis before she murdered him. Not to mention all the people she lied to prior to the murder trip she went on as well as her elders in the church. She lied to all the women who were friends of Travis, she lied to his guy friends..........no pattern of lying till after the murder? Sweet Lord help us all!

Hi all. Registered today after seeing a call-out to lurkers to join. I'm very obedient. :angel:

Doubt I'll post much because I'm not a chatty cathy, but I'll at least post my opinion of this case. I caught it first on TruTV and got so obsessed with it I found an on-line stream and went in search of a forum to see what others were saying. Initially I wondered what terrible, horrific thing TA did to her to drive her to slaughter him. I was certain he had to have done something really horrific to warrant that kind of overkill. I know better now.

If I were on the jury I would vote Murder 1 and in the guilt phase I would vote for death. Not an act I could carry out myself, but I would vote that way and thank the universe there are people who can do that.

:welcome6:

Woo to the Hoo!

A blizzard rages outside my window, preventing me from driving to work today, the defense rested this witness on the weakest statement one could imagine, some excellent Earl Grey tea leaves are steeping, a bottle of bourbon is at hand... Oh how i <3 Thursdays.

What did Wilmott end with?

Was that yet another stupid 'reenactment' on HLN or did Jodi really say she walked out of starbucks and saw the license plate laying on the ground, didn't think anything of it......BUT she picked it up and threw it in the backseat of the rental car??? Why wouldn't she look first to make sure it wasn't the plate from the car she was driving? Because then she would've had to notice the back plate was upside down? Why would she have thrown it in the rental car instead of just leaving it lay on the ground?

Do rental car companies check cars out when they're rented and returned? Would they have caught the plate being upside down after the previous renter returned it?

Not sure about HLN reenactment, but yes, Jodi said she saw what she assumed was her license plate, threw it in the car, and drove away. When JM pointed out, as you did, why wouldn't she look at it to see if it was hers?
Jodi said she didn't have glasses yet, and she wasn't even sure what it was, and the parking lot was scary so she got back in quickly and drove away.
You know, those scary skater guys, and all.
Yes, it sounds ridiculous, you would think it was made up, but that's what she said.
I've always wondered how she could say she clearly saw a boy's image on a single page floating to the ground when she was 'horrified', but couldn't clearly see a great big intentionally reflective license plate? Her vision is only an issue when it suits her.

And ladies when you buy those naughty little things at VS or *advertiser censored* are us , and you're wanting your man to ravished and make you beg it's just plain wrong. You're being abused.

even when I brought the real rope?

She's very well known in academic circles here and very well respected. My mom saw her lecture back in the 90's. But she remembered a question she asked Ms. Laviolette that I think is telling. My mom asked her if she has ever seen a male victim of domestic violence. ALV said its rare and my mom went on to describe a male client of hers who had been severely abused.

The very fact that my little, feminist, liberal mother asked that question and brought up that client tells me something. I do believe this lady is a radical second wave feminist and I think that has caused her to be biased when it comes to male and female roles and who victims are and who perps can be. It's called confirmation bias.

Laviolette represents an important past in feminist history and academia. I think radical feminists were necessary to get things like the equal pay act of 1963. But I think we have moved past patriarchy as the sole framework for any issue and ALV has been left behind.

I think this case could become as pivotal as the burning bed case but this time, instead of highlighting the serious issue of battered women, it will highlight the serious issue of men who are stalked and murdered by female Intimate partners.

ALV unfortunately, is going to be on the wrong side of history when it comes to this. She may sense that and thus she's bucking her role with extreme defensiveness and a refusal to be objective.

But people who attack her, threaten her and unfairly smear her past work will only delay her possible acceptance of the possibility that she may be wrong here. All that will do is make her more entrenched in the idea that our patriarchal society conspires to prevent victims like jodi from surviving or standing up to their abusers. Gag. But that's what all the rage is doing.

Great post!

I never cared for radical feminists back in the day (when I was a budding feminist) and don't care for them now. Their hatred was and is palpable. Activists like Steinem, Friedan, Greer, were critical thinkers, not man-haters.

I don't think that LV is a throwback or stuck in time. This radical form, IMO, suits her personal agenda and she's sticking to it. After all, she's gotten away with it until now.

She also projects a wonderful, radiantly compassionate persona, with massively good communication skills, However, the true test of character is when you are challenged. She shows herself to be willing to lie under oath (besides passive-agression, mockery and attempting to humiliate) for the sake of her own ego and self-deception and some radical cause, IMO, now to the point of 'martyrdom'. At the cost of an abused and radically murdered victim who happens to be a man.

IMO, Alyce is no throwback. She just basically gets away with stuff and with the soul murder of Travis because she knows how to work it.
I can't even begin to imagine what damage has been done to her clients, such a vulnerable population, both men and women. Her behaviour in court says it all.

Maybe we all need to Notify Sheriff Joe of what this thing is doing? this should NOT be allowed!!!! Needs to stop ASAP!

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...ting-twitter-page-from-jail-with-outside-help

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office knows about what's going on, but is not moving to stop it.

"We do talk about the fact that Jodi seems to be able to reach out into the community in various ways and profit from her notoriety. We don't like it... but there is nothing we can do about it," said Lisa Allen, MCSO spokesperson.

Jodi has not been convicted, which means the sheriff's department can't stop her from selling her artwork.

Her attorneys know she is tweeting, and apparently they aren't very happy about it.

Hi all. Registered today after seeing a call-out to lurkers to join. I'm very obedient. :angel:

Doubt I'll post much because I'm not a chatty cathy, but I'll at least post my opinion of this case. I caught it first on TruTV and got so obsessed with it I found an on-line stream and went in search of a forum to see what others were saying. Initially I wondered what terrible, horrific thing TA did to her to drive her to slaughter him. I was certain he had to have done something really horrific to warrant that kind of overkill. I know better now.

If I were on the jury I would vote Murder 1 and in the guilt phase I would vote for death. Not an act I could carry out myself, but I would vote that way and thank the universe there are people who can do that.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member