trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the strain on ALV is too much and she went to the ER over the weekend with palps and anxiety. Just heard this.

And Travis went to the morgue with a bullet in his brain, 27 stab wounds and a slashed neck. I greatly resent the DT and their cohorts for trying to make people forget who the real victim is here.

I think I heard Mr. Hughes being interviewed on some TV show recently. That would tell me they will NOT be called for rebut.

Dave Hughes is the one who has been in the media lately. He has provided recent pictures to a few shows and has done some interviews.

CHRIS Hughes is the one under subpoena and has not been in the media.

I just came across this picture, Jodi possibly drew? It says it's Gary Alexander, and after checking the wiki Travis Alexander page, Gary was Travis' dad. To think that Jodi as evil as she is, is capable of making sincere gestures is completely disturbing. I sure hope this jury gets this right.

http://www.myspace.com/jfineart/photos/26588968#{%22ImageId%22%3A26588989}

Watching the TH's and Donavan Bering said she met Jodi in 2007. I thought they met in jail.

Looks like SHE was the one leading the double life. A "good mormon girl" LOL hanging out with an arsonist???

Beggars can't be choosers. Not a lot of good upstanding people want to associate with an admitted throat slasher.

I guess the strain on ALV is too much and she went to the ER over the weekend with palps and anxiety. Just heard this.

Yes, we were talking about that earlier. I suggested that ALV take some of her large paycheck and pay for some counselling.

Dave Hughes is the one who has been in the media lately. He has provided recent pictures to a few shows and has done some interviews.

CHRIS Hughes is the one under subpoena and has not been in the media.

Thank You - Thought I saw CH on some show last nite - Must be the fog again

:facepalm:

I just came across this picture, Jodi possibly drew? It says it's Gary Alexander, and after checking the wiki Travis Alexander page, Gary was Travis' dad. To think that Jodi as evil as she is, is capable of making sincere gestures is completely disturbing. I sure hope this jury gets this right.

http://www.myspace.com/jfineart/photos/26588968#{%22ImageId%22%3A26588989}

This was honestly the first time I've ever seen her "art" work. It looks like she tried to do a paint by numbers kit. Badly.

Just an FYI, the two negative comments about Juan and NG have been deleted from Jodi's Twitter account

No wonder I am enjoying NG show so much tonight. The dramatic journal readings are a hoot.

I want to ask HLN if they will substitute the current readers with NG and Vinnie. How fun would that be?

Just an FYI, the two negative comments about Juan and NG have been deleted from Jodi's Twitter account
Wonder if Wilmott & Nurmi were responsible for that...

ALV doesn't seem to think JA uses or manipulates people. I wonder what she thinks about JA giving Donovan all these "tweets" to post for her?

ALV doesn't seem to think JA uses or manipulates people. I wonder what she thinks about JA giving Donovan all these "tweets" to post for her?
So glad you're back!!!:seeya:

I have no sympathy for LaViolette, she is being paid by the defense. She has been coached as to what to say, instead of saying- the day Travis was murdered, she will say the day Travis was attacked. It is heartbreaking to hear her defend Jodi. She is the type of arrogant, manipulative person and thinks her breath doesn't stink. She is the kind of person that smiles while stabbing you in the back. I hope karma comes quickly for her.

Can you imagine how ripping pissed the jury is going to be when the trial is over and they find out that they were deliberately duped by the self defense/abuse/PTSD scheme. I think they are getting glimpses of it by now. But to be faced with the proof of it, will be shocking indeed.

That there are 8 hours worth of interrogation tapes that clearly show how much of an evil loon JA really is. No fog, no amnesia... just rotten to the core person who is clearly making up stories as she goes, twisting and using the detectives words to fit in to her story to benefit her.

Plus the interview with her own mom stating that she has mental issues and has been weird for a very long time (not just childhood). That people wondered if she was bipolar, and they called a hotline on her. That she would scream and yell and cry at her mom for no good reason. That almost every one of Travis' friends thought JA was a stalker and weird.

How ironic, talk about being deceived and manipulated... that's exactly what the DT has done to the jury. They knew all along how sick and demented she really was, and tried to pawn her off as a naive, self-esteemless, abused little girl. Nope, she doesn't lie, she doesn't exaggerate, she is not aggressive and never fights back. Poor little old Jodi.

I know this happens in court all the time, and it's all part of the defense smoke screen, but when the jury sees the proof that they were lied to, I can only imagine how much that is going to frustrate the heck out of them.

I think some people might have slipped them in unnoticed, while others did so more obviously.

In the thread ' court observations' there have been comments about seeing certain jurors place questions in the basket. Juror #5 reportedly asked a whole lot of questions. I think she might have asked the sarcastic 'haircut' question. Maybe that is why they wanted t get rid of her.

Hey! NOBODY disses Jodi's bangs and gets away with it! I noticed she tried to hide them today though (and looked better for it). Maybe word got back to her about the end of that parody video, too (where she is asked if she has any regrets). :biggrin:

Ok friends, now that I've gotten off a few good rants, I am off to bed for some zzzz. Goodnight and looking forward to more great questions tomorrow! Happy Friday :)

WOW! What a day!
alv looks like a scared, dumb-founded bunny that stops chewing on it's fresh garden lettuce when called out on her glances to JA. Those teeth...
my favs:
1) The stolen gun and the jury's recognition of the 2 day prior text of TA calling JA out on all her bs.. That tells me they are... On board with pre-meditation.
2) "You talked about great differences in the stories of victims versus perpetrators, does it concern you at all that you can't get a full and complete story from Travis?"
Well, Travis isn't here to tell his story.
This is the moment when JA's rudolph lit up and the poodles started. I really think she had a moment of realization there. But JUST a moment! She is not capable of feelings and so her realization was probably that she will never have her life back.. Just like TRAVIS.

Am hoping all fared well in the bad weather and are home safe and warm.

Juan....
You have been given an astounding gift and have humbly chosen to tirelessly share it for the good people of the world.We are blessed...

Great post, Puzzler! Such good points. I've heard a lot of people say that she killed him because if she couldn't have him, nobody else would. But I don't necessarily think it's that simple. I don't think it's just a scorned love thing, I think it goes deeper. And let's face it, Jodi is not capable of any type of love.

Did you notice how when Detective Flores tells her during the initial interrogation that her motive was jealousy, she genuinely (I use that word loosely) seems to deny that and almost catches herself up in wanting to explain more of a motive for just a quick second but doesn't really say more. But she's pretty direct that it wasn't jealousy. I just found that moment to be interesting.

I agree that this was much more about control and her ticket to opportunity. Yes no doubt she definitely was jealous of those other girls, but not so much because she was head over heels in love with him. Rather more so because she couldn't control him and those girls were getting something she wanted.

She so desperately wanted him and his life - the whole package. He held the ticket to her getting out of Yreka and staying out of Yreka once and for all. All those trips they took, the big house, the business opportunities, the potential of marriage... was all a taste of the good life for her. And he could take it all away from her at any moment, and was fighting hard to do that. It was his life and his circle, not hers. I do think she desperately tried to blackmail him and he wasn't having it.

I think she wanted him gone because her opportunity had clearly passed, she was furious about that and had run out of options. She couldn't let him stand in her way. All of those horrific wounds are clearly from somebody who has intense rage and hatred, which I have to imagine is born out of more than simple jealousy.

Of course, this is all just speculation. Just my take on all I have absorbed.

I believe you hit the nail on the proverbial head. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18