trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait! i thought Jodi said she wore braids because Travis likes them.. Implying she didnt like them, but, did it for him..

The inference was the Travis wanted her to look like a little girl because she was implying he was a pedophile, in my opinion. The photos of JA that were just posted she was what, a teenager? Seeing those photos and those of her in the courtroom, it seems a lifetime ago. The woman sitting in court doesn't even resemble the teenager.

Sad, really, how one can ruin their life, not even to mention what she did to Travis, his friends and family.

MOO

Another jury question I hope gets asked, "Does it make sense that TA would be understanding and even helpful (making calls to insurance company) when JA ruined the BMW but then a month and a half later he would try to kill her for dropping a camera?"

I love this question!

How did Bobby die?

Bobby isn't dead, that is a horrible rumor that was started when someone found an article of a Robert Juarez (not the same Bobby) who was killed shortly after Travis was.

I'm all for Jodi getting the death penalty or life in prison but what is happening to Allyce Laviollette is disgusting. People really shouldn't try to reach out and touch someone through social media. She's not the first to testify on behalf of a presumed guilty sociopathic creepy defendant and she won't be the last. She appears to believe in her conclusions about Jodi and if shs is testifying bull crap to ass8st in the acquital of evil, then we should allow the universe to address her as it sees fit. The internet has made people rude and wicked under the guise of anonymity.

Testifying to the truth and being objective is one thing. Lying, being biased, and completely assassinating a dead man's character by telling lies about him being an abuser is illegal.

There is a reason NUMEROUS other experts turned down this case. If she had ethics she wouldn't have been bought.

We live in an age of social media...this is a highly publicized case. People are entitled to their opinions. We live in a country where the 1st amendment allows us to voice our opinions.

Her decision to take on a high profile case makes her a target. She's a big girl and with 35 years of experience...smart enough to know what comes with that. If Jodi were a sympathetic defendant and there was ample evidence to show she was indeed a "battered woman", this woman's career might have benefited. She has to take the bad with the good.

I applaud people for calling her out. It's their right, and as long as they are not doing anything illegal, who cares?

i have a question, if the jury convicts on 1st degree, during penalty phase do they all have to agree on the sentence? if they don't all agree what happens?

It has to be a unanimous verdict for the death penalty, otherwise she would get LWOP.

Holy Moly, I will never look at a Tossed Salad the same!:what:

I was at work when I first heard/read that term and didn't want to look it up on my work computer so I sent a text to my 21 year old DD. Her sputtering when she called me back was pretty funny. I think the question from me may have damaged her psyche!:floorlaugh:

I have a question for the good folks here. Why do you think she went so psycho on this one man? She definitely exhibited stalker-like behavior with previous boyfriends, and crossed boundaries, but what drove her to slaughter Travis Alexander to the extent that she did? What was different about this relationship compared to her previous BF's? I can't quite wrap my mind around that question. Psychopath? Sociopath? Maybe so, but why did it manifest itself when it did? Don't these types of killers work up to that kind of crime, and it starts when they're fairly young? I wish we had more info on what her earlier years were really like. It might give us a bit more perspective on what she is.

Brits - any insight? I love your posts on PD, and I bet you could shed some light on this for me :blowkiss:.

It could be as simple as a culmination that made Jodi decide that Travis was the last man who'd do that to her, cheat on her that is.

This lie she was told about Cancun (babysitter going) could have driven her over the edge. I don't know if hacking his email is how she found out about it, but that incident happened very close to the killing. She wanted to marry Travis. I don't know if she wanted to marry the other ones. Travis couldn't be caught and held onto like the other ones, and the older she got and the more she longed and obsessed for love, the deeper the hurt over past relationships pile up. So I believe she'd just had enough of men cheating, leaving, moving on with other women while she suffered.

I even think she kept calling Travis before her trip and during her trip to rub it in that she was going to see Ryan, hoping Travis would react and ask her to come to his house instead. When Travis didn't give a damn, it made her even madder.

Another jury question I hope gets asked, "Does it make sense that TA would be understanding and even helpful (making calls to insurance company) when JA ruined the BMW but then a month and a half later he would try to kill her for dropping a camera?"

That is one thing that makes absolutely no sense. I would also very much appreciate ALV's opinion on it, since Travis was allegedly so aggressive.

MOO

Did you have the impression, as I did, that that remark on the tape was something they had been through before. That JA wanted to play the "little school girl"? The first time I heard that tape, it seemed it was just their personal sex talk. JA, if IRC, doesn't miss a beat, but is obviously setting the tone.

I'd be a prosecutor's dream- nothing would remotely phase me. Living in Los Angeles in close proximity to adult film studios can desensitize you to everything.

I listened to that tape waiting for some big :what: moment to happen, and I just didn't hear it. It sounded like a tired guy and a chick trying way too hard to keep him sexually engaged. She was willing to do anything, including employ baby talk, which she carried into her fauxgasm. He just reacted to her "performance." She lead, he followed.

Roleplay, pure and simple. Nothing sinister about it at all, save her taping the call without his knowledge. Indicative of deviance? Puh-lease. I am hoping the jurors are like-minded.

She was only given information that would have seemingly corroborated Jodi's story, nothing that contradicted it or shed light on the true nature of the relationship.

Except the fact that she is inconsistent and contradictory with how she applies her logic to Jodi vs. Travis.

None of Jodi's previous boyfriends said she was abusive, therefore she wasn't (per ALV).

None of Travis' former gf's said he was abusive....but she still says he was?

She also could have asked to interview some of Travis' friends if she cared about getting at the truth. She didn't...she wanted to be able to give the opinion the defense wanted her to give, or she knew she would be fired, and not ask to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper