trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bump:

Bringing this over from last thread because I feel so strongly about this and really want people to understand that a man often behaves exactly like Travis when they are in a relationship with a female like Jodi.

And I was so struck by one of your other posts in the other thread that I wanted to bring it here. These are things I already knew but couldn't articulate it the way you did.

I disagree that it's because people don't understand DV. I think it's because people DO understand DV, and see that it didn't exist here.

And FWIW, I agree with Alyce that Travis did have anger and even rage, and that his texts were over the top and an inappropriate expression of anger. And if one were given no context for those texts, if one did not know of all that Jodi put Travis through before it got to that point -- I can see how someone like Alyce might quickly conclude that Travis was like so many abusive men she has worked with.

I agree with you that there is a lot going on here, but it is not in the defense's interest to bring light to all that was going on. I have mentioned before that I represent men who have been in abusive relationships -- and I've seen many men at the point where Travis was on May 26. What looks like anger and rage is more accurately an expression of extreme frustration and feeling trapped and hopeless, and at the same time helpless to extract oneself from the ties that bind. I can't tell you how many times I have seen women actually trying to provoke such a reaction and then using it against the guy, just like Jodi is doing. Those issues are so complex that I do not think they can adequately be explained in this trial -- but maybe through Juan's expert.

OMG!!! She just got asked about the throat slashing and is Jodi the greatest perp. of DV in this rel'n, and she said NO!!!!!

She's officially gone off her rocker. I mean seriously. If she ever gets hired again in this regard, I will be SHOCKED.

ALV sounds defensive, uncertain, and afraid today. This is a good thing. :)

There's a post up thread ( $%^&* ) that I wish I could give a couple of TY's to.

She has testified for ONE man? Bingo.
If she had more information, she would not have changed her mind.
Biased much Alyce? Please don't counsel anyone else!!!

WOW!!! re:Travis' wounds - Is not the perpetrator of the greatest DV Jodi? ALV answers NO. Bye bye Jodi!

We can all thank ALV for helping to convict JA of 1st degree premeditated murder.

how about has AVL has physical contact with Jodi- i spit out my coffee on that one

ALV sounds like Samuels in the response that it wouldn't change her opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela