trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think that Juan needs to ask any further questions of this witness. Knowing when to quit when you're ahead is one of the hallmarks of a great trial lawyer (Definition: See JM, antonym KN and JW).

Totally agree. However, Willmott seems to be a person that HAS to get the last word in.

I baffled where JW thinks she is going with these questions....is it a "see jury, you're wrong"?

JW must be going for a hung jury. All she could count on now is just one juror. Don't believe that would happen and yet she and ALV continue to keep this insanity going. They both need counseling. Seriously.

...is she allowed to ask questions that don't relate to the juror's questions?

I honestly don't think that Juan needs to ask any further questions of this witness. Knowing when to quit when you're ahead is one of the hallmarks of a great trial lawyer (Definition: See JM, antonym KN and JW).

I want him to ask her why she said no to the question about throat slashing.

Not gonna happen.

I really thought they'd try to 'tack' to how Travis was a good guy and this wasn't his fault, just a bad childhood.

And she came close, once.

But JW is pulling her straight back into 'evil pedophile needed to die and my client did society a favor' mode.

Gosh, even the anti Juan defense lawyers are saying it was a mistake to push so hard on this pedophile thing. Its a disgusting thing to say about someone without any proof and its just too OTT. How is the jury going to believe he was a pedophile at this point? It just sounds so unbelievable that it makes jodi and anyone that believes it sounds really in-credible.

Jw w/ALV . . .

kicked, slapped, strangled easy for people to remember without write down
yes

burst of anger - 5/26 text - #450 . . even start where there seems to be some anger noted - 4:03pm . .. TA going on calling her names . . .we don't see an end to it until 9:17 - about 5 hrs. . . even though not message back and forth every minute - JA able to contain his anger

in the IM's even more character assassination begins - longer than burst of anger . . .consider this in ALV eval.

aware JA threatened to expose TA for his pedophiliac activity
not aware of that
one time comment over the phone . . . at no other time threatened to do that . .important to know?
yes

objection-approach

What about THE FOG! JA testified that when Travis yelled at her or "hit" her, JA's brain would scramble and she would go into a fog. She could only remember her feeeeelings!

Ms. NO JURY WILL CONVICT ME always appears to be detached as if she has no part in the sordid story.

just MO

She mentioned yesterday about her 'daughter's wedding'. Perhaps the money would help pay for that.

I wonder how much the state was charged for that working wedding. Alyce said she did an interview with Jodi then....airfare? hotel stays?

Aurgh! I have to leave for a dental appt. in 10 minutes!!!! Will have to watch the video later.... :gasp:

Listening to ALV or JW is bad enough, listening to both at the same time has my head exploding and my hair on fire.:what::banghead:

Does that mean I'm being abused?:floorlaugh:

I have a question. Was ALV ever asked about the "overkill" aspect of this case, and if so, did she offer any info regarding JA's actions?

if information were true . . any patterns of JA
no
threaten to expose sexual acts?
no
other than threaten to go to bishop - TA didn't want her to

that person knows most about you and have ability if they chose to expose who you are and what you have doen . . . mean the most to you financial and spiritual safety is in their hands. ..

Could TA hold anger because JA threaten to expose
he could

TA told Miss Housely he had a stalker in message?
yes
smiley faces and ha ha's in same conversations
yes

kept JA away from his girlfriend Deanna
yes
TA told JA Deanna was crazy and did so to keep them separated

objection
judge may we approach?

Seriously Jenny? Seriously?! You're going to keep going with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez